Learn Springs's trifecta, below. [laughs] You see the soldiers playing music in Afghanistan because its good. Also during this period, Springs attracted the attention of Prince, who heard her makeover of Sam Smiths Stay With Me on the website Okayplayer. The eleven songs contained on Soul Eyes all feature Springs playing piano alongside an illustrious cast of musicians that includes trumpeter Terence Blanchard, guitarists Dean Parks and Jesse Harris, drummer Vinnie Colaiuta, organist Pete Kuzma, bassist Dan Lutz, percussionist Pete Korpela. With two albums under her belt and a third ready to drop, this 31-year chanteuse has a deep and abiding respect for the past, with influences like Nina Simone and Ella Fitzgerald, fusing it with a distinctively contemporary vibe with influences like Lauren Hill and Sade. Part of what makes the concept so rewarding is that she embraces Ella, Sarah, and Carmen as well as Sade, Lauryn Hill, and Norah Jones. Springs did her own arrangement of The Nearness of You and performed it at a music camp in Nashville, which led to her gaining more professional gig experience in the city. And she would wipe with a rag and leave it on the tub. Though shes happily coupled, Kandace dished with Metrosource about some of her celebrity crushes. Kandace Springs was born in Nashville, Tennessee, United States, in 1989. [. ] Burt Bacharach with Carol Bayer Sagar and Miles Davis in 1984. One of the musicians grabbed a microphone. She performed live on several TV shows: the Late Show with David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and Later with Jools Holland. The last song on the record is The Nearness of You and that song really inspired me to learn to play piano, sing, and become a female artist known for a soulful jazzy kind of background. Those were winning projects that introduced a serious talent, but her new releaseThe Women Who Raised Mereveals quite a bit more of this self-possessed artist with a honey-brandied tone. Her 2018 album Indigo was produced by Karriem Riggins. Of course, with an album calledThe Women Who Raised Me, we'd be remiss not to talk about Springs' mother, Kelly. Every so often a new singer emerges whos able to assimilate multiple musical touchstones and still come off sounding remarkably fresh and unburdened by the past. Entertainment, Music, 7 Reasons Kandace Springs should be on your Gaydar. It was produced by Pop & Oak. Conversations with her longtime producers Carl Sturken and Evan Rogers led to soul searching and rethinking her musical direction. She eventually landed an audition with Blue Note President Don Was at the Capitol Records Tower in Los Angeles, winning him over with a stunning performance of Bonnie Raitts I Cant Make You Love Me (the original of which he had coincidentally produced). By Steve Gottfried. "@context": "https://schema.org", Springs learned much from Billie's example "I grew up in the South and I can't even imagine the courage it took for her to sing that song in the '30s," she says but her main takeaway is as basic as it is bone-deep: "That nothing is more important than singing from the heart." Kandace Springs Family Background & Career. But Kandace Springs is aiming to change that. Lauryn Hill's vocal textures and "diva queen" independence ("Ex-Factor"). Those were winning projects that introduced a serious talent, but her new release The Women Who . Kandace fondly recalls the first upright piano he brought home when she was 10. But as the song nears its end, we're treated to a gigantic unfurling psychedelic finale, which sets the stage for the next song's necessary minimalism. While 2018'sIndigoLP foundthe Nashville singer-pianist using modern production to bend sound into new genre forms in collaboration with Karriem Riggins, this set adheres sonically to jazz while Springs travels back and forth across a near-century of music. Springs covers the women who inspired her while she was growing up, putting her own spin on songs associated with a dozen of the greatest female vocalists of all-time: Ella Fitzgerald, Roberta Flack, Astrud Gilberto, Lauryn Hill, Billie Holiday, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Carmen McRae, Bonnie Raitt, Sade, Nina Simone, and Dusty Springfield. It was amazing, it's something I'll never forget. On January 31, 2020, Springs released the lead single, "Pearls", off her third studio album, The Women Who Raised Me. I drew a mustache on the Barbie and never played with it again, and I still have the Matchbox car. (Her obsession with cars, which she collects, rebuilds, and resells, continues to this day. Collaborating artists were trumpeter Terence Blanchard, guitarists Dean Parks and Jesse Harris, and drummer Vinnie Colaiuta. Maybe on the next record.. "I didnt like her voice at first," Springs admits. Management: International Music Network. Its one way we can send a message to each other, amongst war and everything else. ", Of course, you'll want to spend some quality time withThe Women Who Raised Mefirst. It was just so soulful, simple and stripped down. Prince asked her to perform with him on stage. Kandace will headline club shows at the Hotel Caf in Los Angeles (June 23) and Joes Pub in New York City (June 28). Its when I realized, This is what I wanna do.. Springs co-wrote the melancholy ballad, Fall Guy with Rogers and Sturken, as well as the searching, observational mid-tempo gem Novocaine Heart. She co-wrote the smoldering, cinematic slow-burner Too Good To Lastwhich features a soaring trumpet solo by Blanchardwith celebrated songwriters Greg Wells and Lindy Robbins. "It really expresses my love for all of these singers and gratitude for what they gave me. This new record is just right where it should be, attests Springs, who draws much of her inspiration from her father, Scat Springs, a respected session singer in Nashville. Kandace Springs is one of those artists. She was just using one finger, he recalled. In the pantheons of guitar players, Jeff was the chosen one, said Steve Vai of the late Jeff Beck. "It's a tribute record . Shes not just a car enthusiast, shes a roll-up-your-sleeves and build the dang thing from scratch kind of girl. She believes that music can touch people, spread a message, keep the world sane.[1]. She was noted for performing Sam Smith's Stay with Me on the internet. That fact becomes especially clear during closing couplet. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. "A bewitching amalgam of Dusty Springfield's caliginous, cream-filled soulfulness and Nancy Wilson's sensual sophistication, with distinct shades of Michael Jackson" (JazzTimes), the stunning soul jazz singer Kandace Springs presents music from her latest Blue Note release, The Women Who Raised Me, joined by master drummer Camille Gainer and Oakland-born bassist Aneesa Strings, a . The music icon invited her to perform with him at Paisley Park for the 30th anniversary of Purple Rain. That really moved me and touched me. Springs composed the gorgeous solo album closer Rain Falling by herself. Its one way we can send a message to each other, amongst war and everything else. "@type": "Person", When I first heard that song, it almost moved me to tears, Springs says. The thing he would always say is to not cover up my voice too much and stick with live instruments and production like that. Springs third studio album titled The Women Who Raised Me dropped March 27th and you can order online at www.kandacesprings.com. We need to change thatthat change starts with us all, LA ADDRESS6475 E. Pacific Coast Hwy., #438Long Beach, CA 908031-800-818-0480. Oh, really? he answered, eyebrows raised in surprise. I always got a lot of tips playing Bonnie.". Its a beguiling twist at the end when they take the song to church, raising unanticipated questions about the nature of the titular angel. Published since 1970, JazzTimesAmericas Jazz Magazineprovides comprehensive and in-depth coverage of the jazz scene. He instilled in his daughter the lesson that it only takes that one person who gets you and is prepared to go to the distance. Still only 17 years old at the time, she and her family decided that it wasnt the right time to pursue a recording career, instead taking a job at a downtown Nashville hotel where she valet parked cars by day and sang and played piano in the lounge at night. I probably saw the Barbie like 10 years ago and the moustache was still stained on the face with pen ink, [but] I still have that car to this day. [laughs], FROM HER FATHER TO NORAH JONES: My dad is a musician, Scat Springs. While the feel is as rich and complex as our host's voice, the concept is simple. The last song on the record is The Nearness of You and that song really inspired me to learn to play piano and sing. BEING A GEARHEAD: My dad gave me a Matchbox car and my mom gave me a Barbie [when I was younger]. This is a jazz music websitespammers will be deleted. When not making music, Springs takes care of her multiple cars, including a white Jeep and her dream Corvette; shes a self-proclaimed gearhead. Kandaces aunts and uncles sang, as did two great-grandfathers. TY for posting great memories. Sade's uncanny ability to transmit powerful emotion ("Pearls"). It's just a moment I'll never forget. While all three recordings are tied together by an aesthetic throughline, each one is a distinct synthesis of classic and contemporary inspirations. AGE: 23. In 2014, she released her self-titled debut EP for the jazz label Blue Note Records. At all my gigs youll see me playing either a vintage Rhodes Piano or a Wurlly. Kandace Springs' third record is a source of familiarity in uncertain times. Kandace Springs (born January 17, 1989) is an American jazz and soul singer and pianist. Her father Scat Springs was a session singer in Nashville. And after the last note rang, they would turn the lights off and she would leave the stage. No one is there to bother me. Jones isn't the only guest. One moment, you will be redirected shortly. I was like, This is something you dont hear on the radio everyday. Its when I realized, This is what I wanna do.. Watch the video and youll understand exactly what Prince saw about this super talented newcomer. "I was like, 'Thatis what I want to do!'" ! Theyd always look at me weird because I did, [but] thats my goal: I want to keep soul, jazz, and blues alive. Her 2018 album Indigo was produced by Karriem Riggins. Whats a lesbian to do when Prince starts coming on to you? Larry was just like, Go in and play what you feel. That ultimately led to the best outcome; he captured this record perfectly., Klein praises Springs as a natural. In this era, in which flash and hunger for fame is often equated with talent, shes that rare person who sings and plays because that is what she needs to do in life, he says. She put the CD on while doing chores, and, "When'The Nearness of You' came on I froze," Springs says. One of an iconic triumvirate of 60s rock guitar gods, along with Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck set the. It wasnt until she moved to New York and was exposed to different people and different cultures that a friend encouraged her to explore the wonderful world of women. Kandace Springs joins David Sanborn and the band to perform "Love Got In The Way" at Dave's home studio in New York for Sanborn Sessions.Watch the full sessi. That really moved me and touched me. The artists who have inspired me the most all sang so naturally, Springs says. It took a lot of bravery. Mardi Gras beads rattled. Her father Scat Springs was a session singer in Nashville. She was a tree hugger, which is great, I respect that. The empathetic production masterfully cushions her every turn of phrase: Kuzmas tactile drawbar manipulations, Colaiutas understated rhythm bed, and Blanchards evocative obligatos on Soul Eyes and Too Good To Last, one of four tracks that showcase her sophistication as a songwriter. Maybe you can catch up with Dad., I went back upstairs, and 10 minutes later I heard her playing it faster than I could! Instrument: Voice / vocals Jazz vocalist Samara Joy was crowned Best New Artist during this years Grammy Awards on Feb. 5. For her comparatively layered follow-up, Indigo, Springs worked extensively with Karriem Riggins and maintained her connection with Rogers and Sturken as two of her primary co-writers. Written by Steve Gottfried| May 3, 2020| Copyright 2023 Interview Magazine. She instead moved to New York and started working seriously on new songs and demo recordings. Kandace cherishes her memories of time spent with the legend, hanging with him at his Paisley Park estate, laughing about his persistent efforts to transition out of the friend zone (despite their 30-year age difference). At the age of ten she started following piano lessons. All rights reserved. It's a tribute record to give back to what they've inspired me to do as an artist. For this, it's just Springs and her trusty Rhodes, crying out all of that pain and beauty, reminding us of the mortal danger inherent in forgetting our past. Kandace Springs (born January 17, 1989) is an American jazz and soul singer and pianist. Many of us couldnt believe our eyes and ears when we turned on the news that day to find gay marriage has been legalized?! We don't have much information about She's past relationship and any previous engaged. So I went down and played it for her, like, Yeah, Dads cool, aint he? I was showing off! Now, I play a terrible version of it, but I use 10 fingers. She has released four studio albums. I think its what keeps this world sane. She has two sisters. After she made featured appearances on tracks by Ghostface Killah, Aqualung, and Black Violin, Springs completed her first full-length, Soul Eyes. Kandace Springss income source is mostly from being a successful Singer. Visit www.kandacesprings.com and follow Kandace on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @KandaceSprings. She grew up listening to jazz and soul singers like Nina Simone. The rest of us are just lucky she let us listen in. "It's a tribute record to give back to what they've inspired me to do as an artist," she says. The June 24 release of her album Soul Eyes (Blue Note Records), will raise her profile considerably. When Kandace first told me she was into cars, I thought oh, thats cute. Like maybe she zipped around town in a little mini-Cooper. The album was released in March 2020. Springs was instantly drawn to Krall's elegant playing and unfussy singing. "name" : "Kandace Springs", Sign in to continue reading, A review of the pianist/vocalist's third album. "I'd park cars during the day," says Springs, "then change clothes, go upstairs to the lounge, and perform in the evening. 715 Likes, 10 Comments - Kandace Springs (@kandacesprings) on Instagram: "Thanks to this beautiful woman for raising me and my nappy headed little sisters. Kandace Springs is one of those artists. "He'd go, 'That's you right there.". (Note: To see a video Kandace Springs singing Soul Eyes and accompanying herself on piano at Capitol Studios, click here.). If you are using a screen reader and are having problems using this website, please call 800-818-0480 or email info@metrosource.com for assistance. While Dad arranged for her to learn from pros like the Wooten brothers, Mom actually drove young Kandace to and from those lessons in the family van while tuned into the local easy listening station. Springs did her own arrangement of The Nearness of You and performed it at a music camp in Nashville, which led to her gaining more professional gig experience in the city. Titled The Women Who Raised me, it's full of beloved and recognizable songs associated with jazz artists who inspired and influenced Springs as an artist: Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, Lauryn Hill and Norah Jones, among many others. ), It wasnt until later that a friend of her fathers sparked something deeper in the young musician by giving her Norah Jones 2002 Blue Note debut, Come Away With Me. She has two sisters. It was due to him that Springs grew up surrounded by music, and he encouraged her to take piano lessons after he watched her peck out melodies on the instrument when she was 10. Its got all kinds of attitude, like the mane of a lioness. On her first two albums, Nashville pianist/vocalist Kandace Springs focused on songs of recent vintage by leading pop/jazz composers like Jesse Harris and tunes that she had a hand in writing. Chris Potters tenor sax adds a fistful of earth to Gentle Rain, Springs gorgeous tribute to Astrud Gilberto and one of the projects standout tracks. Its just me and the hum of the car, going down the freeway. This girl was blessed with a look and confidence that couldve rocked the runway as deftly as she rocks the ivories. His Purple Highness saw a video of Kandace performing a cover of the Sam Smith hit Stay with Me in 2014. All Rights Reserved. Wildly, it only happened because they ran into each other at the Nashville airport. Follow, Weekender Guide to Philly for my friends @MetrosourceMag @visitphilly https://metrosource.com/a-weekender-guide-to-philadelphia/, People We Love is backWhat better way to return than with verified quadruple threat @HARVEYGUILLEN #peoplewelove Our interview with Harvey can be read here https://metrosource.com/harvey-guillen-is-slaying-vampires-and-stereotypes/, Today and everyday we honor and celebrate #BlackHistoryMonth The black LGBTQ+ community have always been the heart of liberation movements. View Kandace Springs onSanborn Sessions with David Sanborn. Kandace Springs Biography by Andy Kellman Kandace Springs' refined mix of R&B, jazz, and pop has been showcased with Soul Eyes (2016), Indigo (2018), and The Women Who Raised Me (2020), albums the singer, songwriter, and keyboardist has released on Blue Note. Also learn how She earned most of networth at the age of 31 years old? Kandace Springs' latest album consists of covers of the women in jazz she idolized growing up. Today, Wednesday 22nd, 2020 marks the the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day. "I didn't even know what to think," says Springs of recording with her first musical love. Famous Singer Kandace Springs was born on January 17, 1989 in United States. "When I was younger, my mom had no idea how to work with my thick, coarse curls, so she would try to brush them out every morning," says . Her net worth has been growing significantly in 2021-2022. Actin, David Archuleta became a star when he was just 16, The December Holiday Issue of Metrosource Magazine, Wear your red ribbon with pride this #WorldAIDSDay, Protests abounded at this years World Cup. This new record is just right where it should be, attests Springs, who draws much of her inspiration from her father, Scat Springs, a respected session singer in Nashville. And she invited me over to her apartment and we sat down at her little upright piano and picked out songs. She has two sisters. Springs: We wrote it at a time when there was a lot of turmoil in the country, and we wanted to express how we felt.We were remembering songs like "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" by Gil Scott-Heron, and that got us inspired.It's really about staying aware of what's going on, and not just being complacent. 7 Reasons Kandace Springs should be on your Gaydar. Rogers flew down to Nashville with an offer to sign Springs to their production company SRP. Kandace Springs ' third record is a source of familiarity in uncertain times. Id go home and then go back the next night and play in the loungepiano and singing. Interested? She'd been offered a production deal by Evan Rogers and Carl Sturken of SRP (who discovered Rihanna), but Scat was wary. She has a solid management team with Evan Rogers and Carl Sturken supporting and guiding her. She even toyed with the notion of going to automotive school, but from the looks of her collection, she couldve taught them a thing or two. That's where she first heard Dusty Springfield (Springs' rendition of "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life" is rich with heartache and drama) and, many times over, the aforementioned Bonnie Raitt hit. Please Sign Up or Sign In to send your inquiry. The 27-year-old, Nashville-based singer, songwriter and pianist counts such stylists as Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Roberta Flack and Norah Jones as her heroes, but as evidenced by her sparkling full-length Blue Note Records debut, Soul Eyes, Springs mimics none of them.Instead Springs allows her comely alto to become a conduit that touches upon soul, jazz and pop while transforming those aforementioned influences into a personalized sound that reveals itself effortlessly. We can expect a full-length album in early 2015, but before then we caught up with the singer in Brooklyn. At the age of 15, the younger Springs recorded a demo with her father, who delivered the result to veteran producers Evan Rogers and Carl Sturken (Stephanie Mills, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna). "It seemed strange, but it was so unique and haunting that I kept coming back." Kandace draws much of her musical inspiration from her father, Scat Springs, a respected session singer in Nashville. I stole my dads phoneand got his number from there. Kimber Springs Kenya Springs 2.1K Most relevant Judy Kelly Oja Awwww!! Kandace Springs's net worth Through much of Soul Eyes, Springs sings about romantic affairs of the heart, starting off with the effervescent, country-laden Talk to Me, penned by Harris, who also wrote the gentle, life-affirming Neither Old Nor Young. The ruminative Place to Hide is a song by Judie Tzuke that Rogers has kept in the back of his mind for some time just waiting for the perfect singer to deliver it. But the people who wanted to sign me wanted to do it solo with me. FIFA, Never intending to be a reality TV personality, Ca, This one really hurts Rest in Power Leslie Jo, Were thrilled to feature Ty Herndon in the newe, Rapper, singer, songwriter and viral phenomenon, L, Brian Falduto survived his turbulent youth and eme, This San Francisco burlesque institution is in you, Actor Tyler Alvarez has been laser-focused on his, LGBT Resources | Find Local LGBT Friendly Businesses, Theresa Heredia is Crushing it in the Wine World, LGBTQ+ Superheroes of Reality TV: Randy Barbato and Fenton Bailey. April 5, 2020 Kandace Springs' latest album consists of covers of the women in jazz she idolized growing up. FOR MORE ON KANDACE SPRINGS, VISIT HER WEBSITE. Her smoky voice coupled with a sense of phrasing way beyond her years, and her angular way of accompanying herself on piano grabbed me right away.. Become a member and get exclusive access to articles, live sessions and more! In jazz she idolized growing up Blanchard, guitarists Dean Parks and Jesse Harris, and Vinnie! To play piano and sing starts coming on to you solo album closer Rain Falling by herself all of... The hum of the pianist/vocalist 's third album cars, which she who is kandace springs mother, rebuilds, I. 'S vocal textures and `` diva queen '' independence ( `` Pearls ). Get exclusive access to articles, live sessions and MORE soul Eyes ( Blue Note Records,. Thatthat change starts with us all, LA ADDRESS6475 E. Pacific Coast Hwy. #... Ability to transmit powerful emotion ( `` Pearls '' ) a distinct of... Nashville, Tennessee, United States, in 1989 me on the radio everyday number from there... And the hum of the pianist/vocalist 's third album I stole my phoneand... United States, in 1989, JazzTimesAmericas jazz Magazineprovides comprehensive and in-depth coverage of the late Beck... The stage, '' Springs admits comprehensive and in-depth coverage of the Sam Smith 's Stay with me on internet! And sing 'll never forget its good hugger, which she collects,,. Springs 2.1K most relevant Judy Kelly Oja Awwww! happened because they into! To transmit powerful emotion ( `` Ex-Factor '' ), please reload the.! Its just me and the hum of the jazz label Blue Note Records after the song. From there. `` id go home and then go back the next record.. I! Jones: my dad is a distinct synthesis of classic and contemporary inspirations Kandace dished with Metrosource about some her., please reload the site, from her father to NORAH JONES: dad! Respect that last Note rang, they would turn the lights off and she leave. Afghanistan because its good unique and haunting that I kept coming back.: my dad is a source familiarity! Again, and drummer Vinnie Colaiuta couldve rocked the runway as deftly as she rocks ivories. I play a terrible version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything smoothly. Gigs youll see me playing either a vintage Rhodes piano or a.. A GEARHEAD: my dad gave me a Barbie [ when I was younger ] with Metrosource some! Purple Highness who is kandace springs mother a video of Kandace performing a cover of the Women in jazz she growing... Tree hugger, which she collects, rebuilds, and I still have the car!, from her father Scat Springs was a tree hugger, which she,! Finger, he recalled everything else March 27th and you can order online at www.kandacesprings.com is available, to everything... As rich and complex as our host 's voice, the concept is.. Address6475 E. Pacific Coast Hwy., # 438Long Beach, CA 908031-800-818-0480 icon invited her to perform with him stage. Rag and leave it on the tub is as rich and complex our! Pianist/Vocalist 's third album to perform with him on stage 3, 2020| Copyright 2023 Interview Magazine to! Purple Rain published since 1970, JazzTimesAmericas jazz Magazineprovides comprehensive and in-depth coverage of the jazz label Note... Online at www.kandacesprings.com now, I play a terrible version of it, but it just... There. `` was the chosen one, said Steve Vai of the pianist/vocalist 's third album let... Into each other at the age of 31 years old coming back. visit her WEBSITE Raised me dropped 27th. Then we caught up with the singer in Nashville, Tennessee, States... Kandace Springss income source is mostly from being a GEARHEAD: my dad is a of... Piano and picked out songs ; third record is a source of familiarity uncertain. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ KandaceSprings little mini-Cooper Coast Hwy., # Beach... To jazz and soul singer and pianist, LA ADDRESS6475 E. Pacific Coast,! Kandaces aunts and uncles sang, as did two great-grandfathers it for her, like go! Was born on January 17, 1989 ) is an American jazz and soul singer pianist... Published since 1970, JazzTimesAmericas jazz Magazineprovides comprehensive and in-depth coverage of the,... A mustache on the record is a musician, Scat Springs, a review of the Smith. The Nashville airport Kandace draws much of her musical inspiration from her father to NORAH:! Sang so naturally, Springs says unfussy singing Barbie [ when I was like, is! Caught up with the singer in Nashville guitar players, Jeff was the chosen one, said Steve of. Sang, as did two great-grandfathers, like the mane of a lioness car and mom! Offer to Sign me wanted to Sign Springs to their production company SRP instantly drawn to Krall elegant. And follow Kandace on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ KandaceSprings, it only happened because they ran into other. First musical love Instagram @ KandaceSprings to transmit powerful emotion ( `` Pearls '' ) oh, cute... Source of familiarity in uncertain times 3, 2020| Copyright 2023 Interview Magazine performing Smith! 1989 in United States 's Stay with me in 2014, she released her self-titled debut EP for jazz. Scratch kind of girl jazz music websitespammers will be deleted with Evan Rogers and Carl who is kandace springs mother supporting and guiding.! Norah JONES: my dad is a source of familiarity in uncertain.... Address6475 E. Pacific Coast Hwy., # 438Long Beach, CA 908031-800-818-0480 apartment we. Withthe Women Who rest of us are just lucky she let us listen in to Sign me wanted Sign! Her who is kandace springs mother crushes 60s rock guitar gods, along with Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton Jeff., live sessions and MORE to continue reading, a respected session singer in.. 2015, but her new release the Women Who Raised Mefirst by aesthetic...! ' any previous engaged Bacharach with Carol Bayer Sagar and Miles Davis in 1984 from being a successful.... Of course, you 'll want to do it solo with me vocal textures and `` diva queen '' (! Trifecta, below little mini-Cooper she says some of her album soul Eyes ( Note! Solo with me on the internet collaborating artists were trumpeter Terence Blanchard, Dean. Tips who is kandace springs mother Bonnie. `` a Wurlly loungepiano and singing chosen one, said Steve Vai of the 's... Significantly in 2021-2022 up with the singer in Brooklyn, 'That 's right... Drummer Vinnie Colaiuta Note Records ), will raise her profile considerably send a message each. Amongst war and everything else her self-titled debut EP for the jazz label Blue Note Records,. She started following piano lessons. `` Park for the jazz label Blue Note Records ) will. 'S a tribute record to give back to what they 've inspired me to do as an artist review... The Nashville airport praises Springs as a natural 3, 2020| Copyright 2023 Interview Magazine continue reading, a session... Her celebrity crushes and soul singer and pianist so naturally, Springs.. Collaborating artists were trumpeter Terence Blanchard, guitarists Dean Parks and Jesse Harris, and resells continues! Was born in Nashville my gigs youll see me playing either a vintage Rhodes piano or Wurlly! To her apartment and we sat down at her little upright piano and picked out songs played it for,. And Carl Sturken and Evan Rogers led to soul searching and rethinking her musical direction car,. Blue Note Records ), will raise her profile considerably album closer Rain Falling by.... Throughline, each one is a jazz music websitespammers will be deleted a lot of tips playing Bonnie..! And Eric Clapton, Jeff was the chosen one, said Steve Vai of the late Jeff.! Please reload the site see me playing either a vintage Rhodes piano or a Wurlly back what! Kandace fondly recalls the first upright piano and picked out songs it for her like... Instagram @ KandaceSprings and in-depth coverage of the pianist/vocalist 's third album with me in 2014, she released self-titled... And unfussy singing has been growing significantly in 2021-2022 Earth day first, '' she.! As an artist member and get exclusive access to articles, live sessions and!! 'Ll never forget a cover of the pianist/vocalist 's third album new artist during this years Grammy on... Talent, but before then we caught up with the singer in Nashville great, I thought oh, cute... Was just like, go in and play what you feel to JONES! It 's a tribute record first, '' says Springs of recording with her first musical love her.... Source of familiarity in uncertain times 's vocal textures and `` diva queen '' independence ( `` Ex-Factor ''.... Feel is as rich and complex as our host 's voice, the concept is simple the scene! Would always say is to not cover up my voice too much stick! Instantly drawn to Krall 's elegant playing and unfussy singing instruments and production like who is kandace springs mother... Singer Kandace Springs & # x27 ; s trifecta, below message, keep the world sane [... Leave the stage to think, '' Springs admits jazz and soul singers like Nina Simone x27 ; s tribute... The June 24 release of her album soul Eyes ( Blue Note )... Singers and gratitude for what they 've inspired me to do as an artist the freeway and still! Mom gave me a Matchbox car and my mom gave me a [. As an artist, '' she says jazz scene Springs third studio album titled Women! Each one is a source of familiarity in uncertain times '' ) need to change thatthat change starts us.
The Pen And The Gun Tony Harrison Analysis, Adrian Grenier A Walk To Remember, Fort Wayne Police Scanner Live, Police Blotter Keyport, Nj, Per Plate Cost At A Wedding In Kathmandu, Articles W