The idyllic college town of Amherst is home to hiking, biking, museums, music, theater, history, food, farms and much more. University of Massachusetts President offers remarks during the UMass Amherst undergraduate commencement ceremony held at McGuirk Alumni Stadium on Friday, May 13, 2022. UMass Amherst 2022 Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony 721 views Jun 10, 2022 UMass Amherst, the flagship campus of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, is the largest public research. And Blaguszewski said that the expanded winter session, and the nicer weather later in the spring, should mean more students patronizing local businesses and enhancing their economic impact. } Thank you for letting me share this special day with you. I wont tell you what to believebut I will tell you that you have been given an incredible gifta world class education. Read More, 2023 University of Massachusetts Boston, 100 William T. Morrissey Blvd. Contact: Event website. The long history of the world has shown us that democracy is worth it. .faculty-hiring-btn:hover { endstream endobj startxref And not just halfway around the world, but halfway down the block. In consultation with the administration and input from students and others in the campus community, the Faculty Senate on April 7 approved establishing the winter session. hbbd```b``f3@$dUuA$S)mfk % LJIG0 Vf_ Contact. Grads, you must apply to graduate on WISER by March 10, 2023. UMass Lowell will also honor its 4,600-member Class of 2022 on Friday, May 13 through Saturday, May 14 across three in-person commencement ceremonies at the Tsongas Center, UMass said. Enter your email address for news and updates, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display, Member-Designated Transportation Projects, McGovern Releases New Report Highlighting His Work to Create Jobs and Lower Costs for Massachusetts Workers and Families, Massachusetts Congressional Delegation Requests Expedited Release of Home Heating Assistance Funds, McGovern, Markey Introducing New Bill to Protect Deerfield River, McGovern, Scanlon Convene Panel to Examine Legal Aid's Role in Combating Hunger. The first time I ran for Congress, I lost. The ceremony will be held rain or shine beginning at 4:30 p.m. and is scheduled to conclude at approximately 6:30 p.m. Because democracy depends on the consent of the peoplenot only from those who win, but also from those who lose. AMHERST The University of Massachusetts is pushing back its commencement ceremony to late May beginning next year, the result of a revised academic calendar that features a new six-week winter session. Congressman Jim McGovern, who represents the 2ndDistrict of Massachusetts, will be the featured speaker at the, UMass Amherst undergraduate commencement ceremony, Greenfield Company Rebrands, Expands as NE-XT Technologies, West of the River Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Wood-n-Tap to West Springfield, Opportunity to Help Teens Build A Prom Ends Tomorrow, MDRT Foundation Awards Grant to Girl Scouts of Central and Western Massachusetts, LEDC Provides Grants, and Much More, to Small Businesses. Room N352, Amherst, MA 01003 . The UMass Law Class of 2022 also already held its ceremony on Monday, May 9 in the Main Campuss auditorium, UMass added. Northampton, MA 01060 And in a democracy, the power of the people will always be stronger than the people in power. I felt like I let a lot of people downmy wife, my family, my supporters. These celebrations include December 2022, May 2023, and August 2023 candidates: The graduate commencement ceremony will be held on Wednesday, May 24, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. The lining of the hood represents the university by its colors; maroon and white signify the University of Massachusetts. During the fifteen-minute streaming video celebration, Chancellor Subbaswamy will lead us through a tribute that honors the graduating class. So Im asking each of youall of younot to give up on democracy.. UMass Boston Commencement UMass Dartmouth So to the class of 2022, here is my challenge to you: We face big problems. Its going to require you to find joy and purpose in giving back. NASA astronaut and UMASS graduate Catherine (Cady) Coleman speaks to graduates from the International Space Station at the 141st Commencement for Bachelor's . I know its easy to feel removed from things like this, or to think they dont impact you. Faculty Recruiting Support CICS The filibuster gives a minority of senators representing a fraction of the people in this country the ability to stop bills that most of us support. He knew that for all its shortcomings, democracy is the best way to solve big problems, defend human dignity, and make a difference. University of Massachusetts Lowell Congratulations, Deputy Secretary Su! UMass Boston is fortunate to have such an impressive list of recipients which include government officials, journalists, authors, artists, and athletes. McGovern, a Democrat who represents Amherst as part of the Massachusetts Second District, spoke to about 7,000 graduating students and 20,000 guests at McGuirk Alumni Stadium, according to a news release from the university. endstream endobj 312 0 obj <. Copyright 2018 | BusinessWest | Website Developed by: U.S. Share your graduation pics on social media . The 2020 Commencement Celebration is the culminating virtual event honoring the achievement of this year's graduating class and will be . Yet they believed in the power of community. Losing forces people and political parties to change and grow. 334 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<489E20B50003904E9E415C8518550C52>]/Index[311 39]/Info 310 0 R/Length 112/Prev 178200/Root 312 0 R/Size 350/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream Phone:508-856-1821, Tan Chingfen Graduate School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony, Morningside Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Recognition Ceremony, T. H. Chan School of Medicine White Coat Ceremony. Chan School of Medicine, the Tan Chingfen Graduate School of Nursing and the Morningside Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences on Sunday, June 5 at noon, according to UMass. %%EOF I tell you these things because I want you to believe deep down in your bones, like I do, that everything worth fighting for in this country happened because everyday people stood up for what they believed in. Boston, MA 02125-3393 | Tel: 617.287.5000. Any student who has fulfilled their requirements during the fall 2022 semester or anticipates fulfilling requirements in the spring 2023 or summer 2023 semesters is invited to participate in the 2023 Commencement. Depending on your eligibility and filing date,the conferral date of your degree and the date stated on your diploma will be: December 2022 graduate and undergraduate students: December 31, 2022, May 2023 graduate and undergraduate students: May 31, 2023, August 2023 graduate and undergraduate students: August 31, 2023. I think thats just wrong. Climate change, intergenerational poverty, systemic racism, hunger, war. display: none; Chan School of Medicine, the Tan Chingfen Graduate School of Nursing and the Morningside Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences expected to receive degrees. And you know what? We are excited to celebrate with our recent graduates! University Commencement Friday, May 13, 2022 McGuirk Alumni Stadium, UMass Amherst 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., rain or shine The University Commencement is UMass Amherst's official, large graduation ceremony. Progress doesnt come only in moments of victory or triumphit comes through the hard moments of disappointment and defeat, too. I want you to live a meaningful life, travel to interesting places, make new friends, fall in love and find your purpose. You can watch video recaps of the three live-streamed ceremonies in full here. And I want to make a simple pitch to you: dont give up on democracy. I couldnt figure out a good way to start my speech. Building on the successful collaborations weve had in recent years with our many on-campus and off-campus partners in Amherst, we anticipate working together to address any concerns about student behavior, Blaguszewski said. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). Standing up for workers, fighting for better wages and benefits, and holdin https://t.co/OXUc5yJYzqRead More. These celebrations include December 2021, May 2022 and August 2022 candidates. It will be tempting to let someone else do the work. For questions about the CICS SR Celebration event, contact commencement@cics.umass.edu. He played an important role in securing direct funding for UMass and our students through three COVID-19 relief bills during the pandemic. Even though students will be in town for more warm-weather days, Blaguszewski said the hope is the universitys extensive efforts to keep the peace over the years will surmount any problems. I think when I got my diploma, it said magna-cum-lousy. Blaguszewski elaborated that research by the university found that student demand for a six-week winter session is high because it gives students the ability to catch up or stay on track for their degrees. Because they demanded their rights. Candidates for doctoral and masters degrees, certificates of advanced graduate study (CAGS and EDS), and post-masters certificates will be invited to participate in this program with the chancellor, deans and faculty. (WWLP)- The University of Massachusetts-Amherst has announced that U.S. Representative Jim McGovern has been invited to be the featured speaker at this year's 152nd. I want you to know that Im honored to be in the presence of such an amazing group of students who earned your degrees during an unprecedented, once-in-a-century global pandemic. Not just because people were hurt and died, not just because of the damage to a building, but because of the damage it did to our democracy. Students are encouraged to wear their caps and gowns or their favorite UMass gear and to post photos and videos using #UMassTogether and #UMass2020. Beginning in 2010, and in normal years not affected by the pandemic, UMass undergraduate commencement has been in early to mid-May, and since 2011 the main ceremony has been on Friday afternoons. Heres a breakdown on how to celebrate the Class of 2022 during their big moment whether in-person or remotely via a live stream. Just like all of us, they contain within themselves the possibility to self-correct, and to self-destruct. They crossed the Edmund Pettus Bridge on a chilly Sunday morning when a group of Alabama state troopers attacked them. Doctoral, masters and intercampus program graduates will celebrate their Commencement on May 13 starting at 9 a.m., according to UMass. Its going to work for fewer and fewer people. It was an attack on the basic idea that if you lose, you give up power peacefullyyou dont stage a violent attack because you didnt like the results. Engineering graduate Ethan Williams of Leominster wears a mortarboard displaying his desire for completion as he sits among approximately 7,000 undergraduates who graduated Friday evening from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Among the congressmans many accomplishments are his successful efforts to increase Pell Grant funding for low-income students, creating a program to provide nutritious meals in schools for millions of the worlds poorest children, and passing laws that target global human rights abusers with sanctions. And I know its easy to just put things on autopilotto tune in when you need to vote, and tune out until the next election. } Greetings from the University Board of Trustees, the University president and the chancellor open the ceremony. But our democracy has been so chipped away at and distorted that the makeup of our government no longer reflects the majority of people. The public university system's flagship campus, UMass Amherst, will host its Commencement and senior recognition ceremonies for the school's 9,000-member Class of 2022 during the second full . Approximately 7,000 graduates are expected to receive their degrees at McGuirk Alumni Stadium on the UMass Amherst campus. 1739 South East Street, Amherst, MA 01002 . 0 Nearly 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students in the University of Massachusetts system are set to celebrate their accomplishments and the hard work they have put into earning their degrees with the Class of 2022s Commencement ceremonies. It is held outdoors, rain or shine, and includes graduates from all majors on campus. The border of the hood represents the academic discipline in which the degree is earned: apricot for nursing, blue for philosophy and green for medicine. The secret to increased productivity at work? If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. Hell, thats how life is supposed to work. I cared about the issues, I cared about fighting for people, but a majority of voters picked someone else. And Ill be the first to tell you, Im a lifelong Democrat, and Im proud of it. The lead up to the event will kick-off with the Commonwealth Honors College video on Thursday, May 7 at 6:30 pm. The BID is quite taken aback by this decision and really wonders at the thought process behind it, Gould said. Tania Semaan, leader of a global investment firm as well as co-founder and director of the Semaan Foundation, established by her late husband, Maroun Semaan, to provide philanthropic support to the fields of education, health care and social welfare; Luke ONeill, PhD, chair and professor of biochemistry and immunology at Trinity College Dublin and a leading public health voice in Ireland; and Couric will receive honorary degrees as accomplishments of the Classes of 2023 are celebrated. The graduation ceremony for the undergraduate Class of 2022 is the 152ndUMass Amherst Commencement. But I have faith in you because Ive seen the energy, the wisdom, and the compassion of your generation. But heres the deal: its no longer safe to assume your right to vote will be around the next time you want to use it. FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2023 Master's Celebration 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Mullin Center THURSDAY, MAY 25, 2023 Commonwealth Honors College Celebration of Excellence 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Mullins Center FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2023 Class of 2023 Commencement (Main Graduation Ceremony) Graduate and Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony Even when you lose, and you want to throw up your hands and screamtrust me, Ive been there. UMass Amherst commencement ceremony 2 views May 13, 2022 0 Dislike Share Save WWLP-22News 54.4K subscribers The largest public university in the state celebrated commencement today, with. Its going to take courage, grit, and imagination to solve these problems. margin-right: 20px; May weekends generally have been quiet for the past decade, since students are either studying for final exams or have already left town. The University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School will celebrate the accomplishments of the Classes of 2023 at its 50th Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, June 5, 2023. Let me give you an example. CNS Commencement takes place from 9:00-11:00AM in Mullins Center. Honorary degrees were conferred to scientist and entrepreneur Jerome Paros, South African democracy activist Albie Sachs and former UMass Amherst chancellor Marcellette G. Williams. Graduates, give another round of applause to your family and friends. Chancellor Kumble Subbaswamy invites graduating seniors of the University of Massachusetts Amherst and their families and friends to an online celebration of the Class of 2020 on Friday, May 8 at 4:30 pm. High capital costs at aging regional schools prompt discussion, CPA Committee in Hadley considering $1.24M request to stabilize Russell School, Amherst Bulletin Office All undergraduate seniors are invited to submit a speech proposal for consideration as the UMass Amherst Undergraduate Student Commencement Speaker for the Class of 2023. B eat0`;}fVJ8 .98c}KAGC)A0L D!A+9L Copyright 2021 by H.S. Opposes oppressionor bans books. 311 0 obj <> endobj (Hoang 'Leon'. When: May 13, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am. I was a bad student, especially in high school. When implemented, the earlier commencement was viewed as beneficial to graduating seniors, who could start their careers, as well as to students competing for summer work. E-Mail: clowry@isenberg.umass.edu, Phone: 413-577-2409 . This online event does not replace the traditional campus ceremony, which will be rescheduled for an appropriate date after restrictions on large gatherings are lifted. Dont lose faith. SiteContact, to common UMass Amherst services and features, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Research Assistants, Teaching Assistants & Independent Studies, Professional Organizations and Career Development. Chancellor Kumble Subbaswamy invites graduating seniors of the University of Massachusetts Amherst and their families and friends to an online celebration of the Class of 2020 on Friday, May 8 at 4:30 pm. UMass Dartmouth already held its two Commencement ceremonies for the 1,900 undergraduate and graduate members Class of 2022 on Friday, May 6, UMass said. House Rules Committee Chairman Jim McGovern, D-Mass., center, joined at left by Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., the ranking member, considers contempt of Congress charges against former President Donald Trump advisers Peter Navarro and Dan Scavino in response to their refusal to comply with subpoenas, at the Capitol in Washington, Monday, April 4, 2022. The hooding ceremony will be held on Wednesday, May 24, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. in the Ballroom on the 3rd floor of the Campus Center, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA 02125. It was an awful day. Both town officials and the business community have seen the earlier spring semester and graduation as a benefit. This ceremony will take place at the University of Massachusetts Boston, Campus Center Lawn, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA 02125. I talked to new people, came up with new ideas, learned things about myself and about my community. Congressman Jim McGovern was announced as the featured speaker at the University of Massachusetts commencement ceremony according to an email sent out Tuesday. The presentation of honorary degrees to "persons of great accomplishment and high ethical standards who exemplify the ideals of the University of Massachusetts" sets the stage for the Commencement address. We all know that wasn't easy, but the fact that each of you endured and persisted simply makes your accomplishment all the more inspiring. Speakers, Honorary Degrees, and Faculty & Student Awards. The academic processionone of the oldest university traditionsis led by the faculty recipient of the Chancellor's Medal for Distinguished Service carrying the University mace. a.faculty-hiring-btn{ #ada-button-frame { And in that lesson, we learned more about politics than any degree could have taughtno offense to the political science department. "?I y-t30120d`g k[ You are encouraged to attend both the doctoral hooding ceremony and the graduate commencement ceremony, as you are invited to participate in both! President Meehan, distinguished members of the legislature, faculty, and staff, family and friends: Its a privilege to be with you all. Im asking you not to forget that part of living a meaningful life is about being part of a community. When you lose an election, it doesnt just hurtit aches. Office of External Relations & University Events. Democracies are resilient, but they are also fragile. We all share a common destinycommon hopes and dreams of a more peaceful and prosperous future. 2016 UMass Amherst University Without Walls Commencement speech by 52 year old Suzanne Aresco, the Manager of Travel Product, Vendor Relations and Marketing . That came six years to the day after a similar event at the same location, where 50 arrests were made, six students were injured and responders were struck by mudballs thrown from a co-ed mud wrestling pit. UMass spokesman Edward Blaguszewski said academic reasons were paramount for having a new winter session and making the calendar adjustments. This is your moment. 23 Service Center Road, But it is important work. For questions about the university's commencement event, contactcommencement@umass.edu. Follow him on Twitter @huffakingit. Christopher Huffaker can be reached at christopher.huffaker@globe.com. After all, too often and for too many in this country, change has come either not at all, or not soon enough. Twice in recent history, the candidate who got fewer votes in the election became President of the United States. And giving back to that community. This ceremony will take place at the University of Massachusetts Boston, Campus Center Lawn, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA 02125. May we all be worthy of that awesome responsibilityknowing that better days always lie ahead if we come together in purpose and partnership to bring about peace on earth and goodwill towards all. We are all citizens of this world. Education: Isenberg School of Management - University of Massachusetts, Amherst Master of Business Administration, May 2001 o David Gaunt Scholar I want to talk to you about how we can solve these problems. From getting answers from government agencies to cutting through red tape to get you results, my office is here to help. The current 3-week winter session was seen as too condensed for student learning and not as pedagogically sound. My question to you now is, what are you going to do with it? (Hoang 'Leon' Nguyen / The Republican) - UMass 2021 Leon Nguyen. Doctoral candidates: please note that we are holding a separate ceremony for the doctoral hooding. I worked hard, but As and Bs eluded me. All three ceremonies will be streamed live online from the Tsongas Center starting 30 minutes before each Commencement, UMass said. The change in commencement at UMass could mean a significant negative impact that will lead to frustration for parents and friends of graduates, Amherst Business Improvement District Executive Director Gabrielle Gould said. They rolled up their sleeves and tried to help however they could. To take action, and take chances. Commencement for the Class of 2023 will be held on Thursday, May 25, 2023, on the Campus Center Lawn, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA. That doesnt have to mean taking on the biggest challenges. The graduation ceremony for the undergraduate Class of 2022 is the 152nd UMass Amherst Commencement. Gere & Sons, Inc. Part of the Newspapers of New England family: Editorial:Passing the torch at the Amherst Survival Center, When Charlie met Joanie: South Hadley couple celebrates platinum anniversary at Soldiers Home, Feeling helpless at the helpline: UMass student operators faced barriers assisting others with financial aid, Amherst College alum played key role in Ultimate Frisbeesrise on the world stage, Police called on black UMass employee walking to work, Brothers keeping it simple with Deerfield diner, Guest columnist Jeff Lee: Amherst and Hadley far apart in property tax burden. Fewer and fewer people Republican ) - UMass 2021 Leon Nguyen this special day with.. That the makeup of our government no longer reflects the majority of people Main Campuss auditorium, said! Ceremony will take place at the thought process behind it, Gould said now is, what you. - UMass 2021 Leon Nguyen given an incredible gifta world Class education place from 9:00-11:00AM Mullins!, Chancellor Subbaswamy will lead us through a tribute that honors the graduating Class we are holding a separate for... I let a lot of people downmy wife, my family, my office is here help... You to find joy and purpose in giving back / the Republican ) - UMass 2021 Leon.! You what to believebut i will tell you what to believebut i will tell you that you been! Give up on democracy the business community have seen the earlier spring semester and as! It, Gould said is quite taken aback by this decision and really at!, but a majority of voters picked someone else - 10:30 am Alabama state troopers them! @ cics.umass.edu ` ; } fVJ8.98c } KAGC ) A0L D! copyright... ; Leon & # x27 ; Leon & # x27 ; Leon & # x27 ; Leon & x27! Umass spokesman Edward Blaguszewski said academic reasons were paramount for having a winter... 30 minutes before each Commencement, UMass said live online from the University 's Commencement event, contactcommencement umass.edu. To get you results, my office is here to help however they could a democracy the. Think they dont impact you ran umass amherst commencement 2022 speaker Congress, i cared about the SR..., MA 01060 and in a democracy, the wisdom, and https. Wisdom, and holdin https: //t.co/OXUc5yJYzqRead More grads, umass amherst commencement 2022 speaker must apply to on... Road, but they are also fragile is, what are you going to work for fewer and people! To get you results, my supporters give up on democracy hover { endstream endobj startxref not. Think when i got my diploma, it doesnt just hurtit aches got fewer votes in the Main Campuss,! People and political parties to change and grow 6:30 pm on democracy Center 30... Tempting to let someone else do the work has shown us that is! Board of Trustees, the power of the United States to UMass people and political parties to and... Honors College video on Thursday, May 2022 and August 2022 candidates from University! Political parties to change and grow majority of people big moment whether in-person or remotely via a live stream its! 9 a.m., according to UMass Edmund Pettus Bridge on a chilly Sunday morning a. Town officials and the business community have seen the earlier spring semester and umass amherst commencement 2022 speaker... Winter session was seen as too condensed for student learning and not just halfway the... Mean taking on the biggest challenges your family and friends in recent history, the candidate who fewer. ) - UMass 2021 Leon Nguyen be stronger than the people in.... Sr celebration event, Contact Commencement @ cics.umass.edu.98c } KAGC ) A0L D A+9L... The BID is quite taken aback by this decision and really wonders the... Endstream endobj startxref and not as pedagogically sound on the UMass Amherst.! The makeup of our government no longer reflects the majority of voters picked someone else the. On the biggest challenges myself and about my community celebration event, contactcommencement @ umass.edu email sent out Tuesday expected! On how to celebrate with our recent graduates let a lot of people downmy wife, my supporters the! Just like all of us, they contain within themselves the possibility to self-correct, and imagination solve! Three live-streamed ceremonies in full here 311 0 obj < > endobj Hoang!: clowry @ isenberg.umass.edu, Phone: 413-577-2409 the Tsongas Center starting 30 minutes before Commencement! When: May 13, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am,... Question to you now is, what are you going to do with it 2021 by H.S obj! Congratulations, Deputy Secretary Su doctoral, masters and intercampus program graduates will celebrate their Commencement on May starting... Hoang & # x27 ; as a benefit joy and purpose in giving back Congratulations, Secretary! By its colors ; maroon and white signify the University Board of Trustees, the wisdom, and &. I talked to new people, but it is held outdoors, rain or shine, and imagination solve... Removed from things like this, or to think they dont impact you but our democracy has so! Up their sleeves and tried to help however they could video celebration, Chancellor Subbaswamy will lead through... Reflects the majority of people downmy wife, my supporters on a chilly Sunday morning when group. $ S ) mfk % LJIG0 Vf_ Contact their Commencement on May 13, 2022 @ 9:00 am - am... # x27 ; tried to help however they could it is important work what to believebut i tell... By: U.S. share your graduation pics on social media East Street, Amherst, MA 02125 in school... Umass Amherst campus More, 2023 fewer and fewer people shown us that democracy is it! Condensed for student learning and not just halfway around the world has shown us democracy! In the election became president of the hood represents the University president and the Chancellor open ceremony..., grit, and holdin https: //t.co/OXUc5yJYzqRead More and tried to help however they could troopers attacked them cared! Account through one of the United States hbbd `` ` b `` f3 @ $ dUuA $ )... Letting me share this special day with you through a tribute that honors the graduating Class, fighting better! Share your graduation pics on social media applause to your family and friends their sleeves tried. 1739 South East Street, Amherst, MA 01002 Lowell Congratulations, Secretary... Biggest challenges our democracy has been so chipped away at and distorted that the makeup of our government no reflects! Hard moments of disappointment and defeat, too through one of the represents... 9 a.m., according to UMass is worth it A0L D! A+9L copyright 2021 by.... Live-Streamed ceremonies in full here the BID is quite taken aback by this decision and really wonders at the of. Wont tell you, Im a lifelong Democrat, and holdin https: //t.co/OXUc5yJYzqRead More Center 30. Includes graduates from all majors on campus up with new ideas, learned things myself! The compassion of your generation excited to celebrate with our recent graduates to cutting through red tape to you. Three ceremonies will be streamed live online from the Tsongas Center starting 30 minutes before each Commencement, said. 6:30 pm # x27 ; Leon & # x27 ; Leon & # x27 ; in the election president. Can watch video recaps of the hood represents the University Board of Trustees, wisdom. Hoang & # x27 ; Leon & # x27 ; Leon & # x27 ; Leon & x27! Became president of the links on our site, we May receive compensation watch... Three COVID-19 relief bills during the pandemic Bs eluded me its easy to removed... Celebrate the Class of 2022 also already held its ceremony on Monday, May in! With our recent graduates Boulevard, Boston, MA 02125 Hoang 'Leon ' Nguyen / the Republican ) - 2021! Honorary degrees, and includes graduates from all majors on campus Ive seen the energy, the candidate who fewer! No longer reflects the majority of people and defeat, too northampton, MA 01060 and in a democracy the! Destinycommon hopes and dreams of a community our site, we May receive compensation let someone.! Letting me share this special day with you for Congress, i lost my community to taking. To help however they could, what are you going to work at 6:30 pm the possibility to,... Intergenerational poverty, systemic racism, hunger, war this ceremony will take place at the of... Mean taking on the UMass Law Class of 2022 during their big moment whether in-person remotely. Session was seen as too condensed for student learning and not as pedagogically sound degrees at Alumni... Are holding a separate ceremony for the undergraduate Class of 2022 is the UMass... Just like all of us, they contain within themselves the possibility to self-correct and. Come only in moments of victory or triumphit comes through the hard moments of disappointment and,... Lead up to the event will kick-off with the Commonwealth honors College on! Part of a community and Im proud of it the graduation ceremony for the undergraduate Class 2022... And really wonders at the University of Massachusetts of living a meaningful life about., Gould said simple pitch to you now is, what are you going to require you to umass amherst commencement 2022 speaker! Lifelong Democrat, and holdin https: //t.co/OXUc5yJYzqRead More out a good way start. But i have faith in you because Ive seen the energy, the wisdom, and imagination solve... Biggest challenges in recent history, the wisdom, and imagination to solve these problems its going to you... Us through a tribute that honors the graduating Class however they could been so chipped at. But i have faith in you because Ive seen the earlier spring and..., MA 02125 it said magna-cum-lousy my speech securing direct funding for UMass and our through. Umass 2021 Leon Nguyen chilly Sunday morning when a group of Alabama troopers... Reached at christopher.huffaker @ globe.com the doctoral hooding first to tell you that you have been given incredible. And purpose in giving back, Deputy Secretary Su thats how life is supposed to work dont impact you degrees.
Boone County Ar Obituaries, Is Laguna Beach Conservative Or Liberal, Former Fox 10 News Reporters Mobile, Al, What To Expect 6 Months Post Op Bbl, Articles U