Actually, I am a product of the Susquehanna Township Middle School Therefore, I am strongly committed to continuing the legacy of getting a great education here while still having fun and laughter. Keith Still, principal at William Penn Senior High School in York, was approved as Susquehanna Township. I am honored that I was chosen to assist in leading such an amazing school community. The grand jury also faults Susquehanna Twp. Over 11 listings were sold over their listed price . When interviewed by school district personnel, the alleged victim denied having an inappropriate relationship with Sharkey. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Meals Served in the 2020-2021 School Year by the HANNA Pantry, Most diverse School Districts in Pennsylvania. The officers of the newly formed association were George Cain, President; Earl Henry, Vice-President; Sue Bitterman, Secretary; and Sara Beck, Treasurer. The student also told police that she texted Sharkey with photographs of her in her underwear. The school board will review the resignations of Kimberly Donahue, who served as an assistant superintendent in the district, and Ralph Lovelidge, who was reassigned from Susquehanna Township High . High School Point of Contacts (opens in new window/tab); Regular Bell Schedule (opens in new window/tab); Attendance (opens in new window/tab); Graduation Requirements (opens in new window/tab); Pathways Information; Class/Cohort Designation (opens in new window/tab); Honor Roll Designation (opens in new window/tab); Secondary Grading System (opens in new window/tab) . Susquehanna Township Police charged Sharkey on Friday. Box 61474 In the last school year, however, parents and community members repeatedly voiced concerns regarding academics and discipline in the district. Susquehanna Twp. Today's Sentinel police log includes a fight among juveniles in Shippensburg and a theft in New Cumberland. Dauphin County Commissioners celebrate high school soccer team Settlement approved in Diocese of Harrisburg bankruptcy Top Video / Feb 15, 2023 / 05:21 PM EST She is now 17, according to Susan Anthony, Susquehanna Township School District spokeswoman. Oft to our minds will come thoughts of thy dear name. In alluding to the Susquehanna case, the grand jury seems to be making the broader point that there's a pervasive public school culture that is ill-equipped to deal with sex scandals involving their own staff and students. Previously, Mr. Gibson was the 3rd grade 6th grade general music teacher and choir director at Maple Manor Elementary/Middle School in the Hazleton Area School District. The full Allegheny County grand jury report can be found here. He also told police that he rented hotel rooms once a month on nights of school board meetings, rather than drive to his home in Philadelphia, the complaint states. High School involving a principal and a 16-year-old student were not lost on a grand jury investigation of a. The district released the following statement but did not comment on whether the district would try to implement any of the grand jurys recommendations: Susquehanna Twp. These successful experiences have molded my belief that building relationships is the foundation to successful academic and social emotional growth of ALL Learners. abc27 reports there is a warrant for his arrest, and the Dauphin County District Attorney's Office said Sharkey has been suspended from duties at the school. During an assembly, Mr. Joseph F. Hilbush, District Supervisory Principal, made an announcement that Mr. James D. Wallace, High School Principal, would be distributing an important message. You're all set! The District has an opening for a Math Teacher. In conjunction with school and community fundraising efforts, the Alumni Association obtained an IRS 501(c)(3) public charity designation in June of 2013. Do not be surprised to catch me at any of the Susquehanna Township High School sporting events seeing that I am a huge fan of our scholar-athletes. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. Elementary School; Sara Lindemuth / Anna Carter Primary School; Susquehanna Township High School. As the principal of Sara Lindemuth/Anna Carter Primary School, I believe that it is my responsibility to model our districts mission, vision and core values. The victim reported that she received phone calls that said her grandson had arrest warrants out of Pittsburgh and she was instructed to send , Police said their investigation revealed man attempted to kill the victim inside a patient room and a staff member witnessed the incident and , Today's Sentinel police log includes a Harrisburg cop charged after a drug sting, and two men charged in Middlesex with committing perjury dur. As she was getting ready to go back to class, he gave her a piece of paper with his personal cell phone number, according to court records. I hope to continue this tradition by developing students that will achieve academic excellence in all areas," Still said. I dont know if the song will hold in Harrisburg, but as an Alma MaterGee it could live on forever. Susquehanna Township School District Staff Directory Keyword First Name Last Name Location Department 1 2 3 42 > showing 1 - 12 of 500 constituents Dhuhan Abdullah Teacher Cheryl Adams Teacher Richard Adams Athletics - Coach Tiahra Adderley Teacher Christopher Alexander Network Assistant Technology Elizabeth Alexander Teacher A Susquehanna Township High School assistant principal is facing charges that he allegedly carried on a sexual relationship with a student, according to court documents. That led to at least 10 different sexual encounters between February and March. I believe that each of these experiences has helped me to grow as an educator, an administrator, and a person. Susquehanna Township High School Assistant Principal Shawn Sharkey, 45, of Abington, is awaiting a preliminary hearing in connection with sexual contact with a student. In the end, Sharkey was sentenced in 2015 to 6 to 18months inthe Dauphin County prison work release center, followed by 2 years of probation, on counts of sexual contact with a student, corruption of minors and unlawful contact with a minor. I look forward to immersing myself completely in our school and hope to avail myself to you as much as possible. There was an opening for an elementary school teacher here in the Susquehanna Township District. All rights reserved (About Us). Well ever cherish, honor you in word and deed, So good old, dear old Susquehanna, were all for you. The district had been well known in the area as one with both academic excellence and diversity. Please subscribe to keep reading. Bell Schedules. Elementary School. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google. The Organization was re-established in the mid 1980s by Albert Richwine and Charles Eslinger after the earlier effort in 1922 was not fully sustained. Contact Information Phone: 717-657-5100 Fax: 717-724-1851 General Email: openrecords@state.pa.us (for general questions and appeal submissions) District Office Hours 8:00am to 4:00pm when school is in session Sign up for our free summaries and get the latest delivered directly to you. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). The encounters would take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. The focus of that inquiry, or that investigation, was basically whether or not students were spreading false rumors about Mr. Sharkey, not whether or not a child was potentially being victimized, said Marsico. I am grateful for the rapport that I have been able to build, and support that I have provided to our staff and students each day. A search of the student's cell phone records by police also indicated numerous calls to and from a phone number that belongs to Sharkey, police said. The teen went on to delete evidence of the relationship from her phone, according to the grand jury. Here's to a great school year. Susquehanna Township High School Alumni Association No one claimed to have any direct knowledge of abuse. Spring ELL Night Feb 15 2023. still denied having a sexual relationship with Sharkey but officers informed her that they planned to get a search warrant for her phone. This is a 4 month program for current 8th - 11th graders interested in Neuroscience & Behavioral Health, Click on scholarship title for full detail of all the scholarships. This advice, in our opinion and in the grand jurys opinion, unnecessarily delayed discovery of Sharkeys criminal conduct and could have potentially endangered other students, said Marsico. By JEFFREY A. JOHNSON and JULIANNE MATTERA, PennLive.com. Best of High Schools, loud rings her cry. There are no resources or collections to display, Sara Lindemuth / Anna Carter Primary School. Sharkey would pick up the student around 10 p.m. and bring her home as late as 3 a.m., police said. Hello! Staff. 1/2 Day Schedule B. According to the criminal complaint, police received information Tuesday that Sharkey and a student were involved in a sexual relationship and would meet for sex Tuesday and Thursday nights at the Red Roof Inn in Harrisburg. Subsequently, I obtained a Master of Education in Educational Leadership at Cabrini College. HAZLE TOWNSHIP, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) James Hudock, a former chemistry teacher who was promoted to vice principal at the Hazleton Area High School has pleaded guilty to charges accusing . . sued the District, alleging a hostile educational environment in violation of Title IX, violations of the Fourteenth Amendment, and state-law claims. I want to continue to build of the students foundation of becoming lifelong learners and reach their full potential. Elementary. Let the police sort through it.. We welcome, value, and celebrate the individuality and diversity of our students. Martin is the athletic director at Steelton-Highspire School District, Miller said. It goes without saying it is with great excitement that I am looking forward to this school year with you all. After some brief conversation, the student said she showed Sharkey pictures on her cell phone. Association members in attendance were Mrs. Duey Briner, Grace Keiser, Mrs. Walter Wevodau, Sara Beck, Susan Stoner, Daisy Bickel, Marie Berhart, Irene Mark, Sue Bitterman, Mary VanDyke, George Gruber, Stephen Gruber, George Solada, Allen Solada, George Cain, Early Henry, Jeremiah Long, Earle Lingle, William Baker, John Shoop, Abram Fry, William Miller, Wesley Garland, Norman Snyder, and Professor F.O. Still said via email Tuesday that he was "excited about the opportunity" to work at the district. Miller confirmed both salaries were approved as stated on the agenda. Webster (lyrics). Hes scheduled to appear in court again Feb. 14. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. In closing, I look forward to our new school year together and learning and growing with our amazing students, dedicated staff, supportive families and community. I firmly believe that it is my job to support our students, families, community members, and other stakeholders each day. The beginning of my 32-year tenure was at the Harrisburg School District, where I taught for a total of nine years. The staff at Sara Lindemuth/Anna Carter Primary School work collaboratively with one another, students, and their families to provide the best educational experience possible for children in our district. First, at the Thomas W. Holtzman Jr. School and then I transitioned to the Sara Lindemuth/Anna Carter Primary buildings. Sharkey had been at the school since Jan. 22 and previously worked for the Philadelphia School District as a dean of ninth grade students. The Susquehanna Township School District endeavors to be a world class school district with performance excellence expectations of employees. I look forward to being a member of the Susquehanna Township family. Of dear, old, S.T.H.S. The grand jury found the district never sought or obtained records relating to Sharkey held by the School District of Philadelphia, where he previously worked. There are no resources or collections to display, Sara Lindemuth / Anna Carter Primary School, 15 (MORE) SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS TO PENNSYLVANIA STUDENTS, Pre-Health Program for Underrepresented Leaders in STEM Education, Any High School Student that resides in Pennsylvania, Click on scholarship name for fillable PDF application, This is not a scholarship. You already receive all suggested Justia Opinion Summary Newsletters. The Susquehanna Township High School Alumni Association was established in 1922 when a group of graduates met on November 17, 1922. A berks county native, Mr. Gibson is the new Assistant Principal at Thomas Holtzman Jr. 10. hannasd.org. The grand jury made some recommendations, including immediately reporting indications of abuse and conducting more thorough background checks of employees. The school district's solicitor is issuing a letter of termination for Sharkey and filing an educator misconduct form with the state Department of Education, according to the school district. The Susquehanna Township School District is a midsized, suburban, public school district serving students from Susquehanna Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. Susquehanna Township High School; Susquehanna Township Middle School; Thomas W. Holtzman Jr. Court documents indicate Sharkey faces charges of sexual contact with a student, corruption of minors and unlawful contact with a minor for an incident that occurred on Feb. 1. But, if your solicitor is saying dont do it, then you follow the advice of the solicitor.. even claimed they were pulling their children out of the district, Ralph Lovelidge was reassigned to be the middle school's assistant principal, the school board also approved a contract with Fred Cummins to be its acting principal. sthsalumniassociation@gmail.com. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. District Band Festival. School District's investigation of that case are being cited by a grand jury investigating a series of teacher-student sex scandals in Allegheny County. We are anxious for the spotlight to return to our districts academic, athletic and artistic achievements, Susan Kegerise, superintendent, said. Skip To Main Content. #HANNASpotlight is a project designed to honor the exciting teaching & learning happening in the Susquehanna Township School District each month. I wholeheartedly believe that teamwork makes the dream work and that we must make great efforts to ensure that true and vibrant collaboration exists amongst our entire school staff, the students and their families, and the community. Board members also voted 8-0 in approving Andrae Martin to be the high school's assistant principal/athletic director. . Susquehanna Township High School assistant principal faces sex charges Live Jan. 6 panel urges Trump prosecution with criminal referral Susquehanna Township High School assistant. My 32-year experience as a teacher has lead me to believe in the potential of every student. Welcome to Susquehanna Township Middle School Cycle Day Day 6 February 27, 2023 OUR Core values: Every learner has the right to a world class education. My name is Mrs. Lisa Robbins and I am extremely grateful as well as incredibly excited to serve as one of the Assistant Principals at the Susquehanna Township Middle School. The purpose of the Alumni Association is to promote the interests of. 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM. My name is Keith Edmonds, and I am the new Head Principal of Thomas W. Holtzman Jr. HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) - Police have filed charges against an assistant principal at Susquehanna Township High School who allegedly had sexual relations with a female student. When we shall leave you for worlds of fame. Weeks later, students began spreading rumors. (717) 657-5100. Board President John Dietrich said Board Member Carol Karl was absent from the meeting. No other appropriate person at the District had actual knowledge of the sexual relationship until days before Sharkey resigned. I have spent the past 25 years working in the field of education in a variety of roles in the states of Maryland and Pennsylvania. "It is my belief that I can help students achieve new heights with the help of an outstanding faculty and staff," he said. Concerning Still, Miller said, "he was my top candidate going into this, and my top candidate going out.". Susquehanna Township High School assistant principal faces sex charges. The references to Susquehanna Twp. School District's investigation of "rumors" of sex between the then principal and a female student. Community partnerships are vital to our success. and of this song.. Jimmy and Thomas were lifelong friends and joined the 1924 cruise. 11. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM. Assistant Principal. Billing ATTN: PRINCIPAL/AD, 3550 ELMERTON AVE, HARRISBURG, PA 17109. Former high school principal Ralph Lovelidge was reassigned to be the middle school's assistant principal on July 21. Elementary School; Sara Lindemuth / Anna Carter Primary School; . He soon met M.S., a sixteen-year-old female student, and they began a sexual relationship that lasted until the end of March 2013. The Third Circuit affirmed summary judgment for the District. We will act ethically at all levels of the organization. Example video title will go here for this video. Oft to our minds will come thoughts of thy dear name. Initially the Organization was a social entity but in recent years, school district and community based endeavors have been in the forefront. The alleged sexual relationship began after the student said she met Sharkey in the school nurse's office. Carrie Martin. "On behalf of board members, educators, and students, we are sickened and saddened by this news, and are very concerned about those involved in this difficult situation," the statement added. {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Nebraska cheerleader competes by herself at state competition, but crowd doesn't let her feel alone, New menu, owners and updated interior as Sunnyside Family Restaurant reopens in Carlisle, Evening fire at Mechanicsburg area farm damages wood-storage structure, Dickinson College launches center, program that will focus on history of Carlisle Indian Industrial School, Former NFL star Chad Johnson says he saved money by living inside Cincinnati Bengals stadium for 2 years, Wild Rabbit, new restaurant and bar, opens in New Cumberland, Police: Two men charged after 'grandparent scam' in Perry County, Big Spring School Board appoints new superintendent with April start, Truck wedged under Orange Street railroad underpass in Carlisle disrupts traffic Friday, Cumberland Valley boys basketball reaches first District 3 final since 1995 with semifinal win over Hempfield, Carlisle's Layton Schmick captures District 3 Class 3A wrestling title, Justin Bardo, Josh Smith's heroics help Mechanicsburg overcome Warwick in District 3 boys basketball quarterfinals, Police say man tried to kill 92-year-old patient at Holy Spirit Hospital, 5 Questions: Retired Army colonel from Carlisle receives FAA master pilot award, Newville moves forward without borough manager as forensic audit of finances progresses, Police: Teen seen at location where they believe bullet was fired in Carlisle attempted homicide case, Millions at Risk of Slipping Into Poverty as COVID-Era SNAP Benefits Set to End, More than 300 words have been added to the English dictionary, Citizens travel to Peru's capitol Lima to protest against Boluarte, Russia accuses U.S. of intent to use chemical weapons in Ukraine. Group of graduates met on November 17, 1922 School in York, was approved stated! My 32-year tenure was at the Harrisburg School District as a dean of ninth grade students other appropriate at! Before Sharkey resigned and Thomas were lifelong friends and joined the 1924 cruise principal/athletic director District 's investigation a... Beginning of my 32-year experience as a dean of ninth grade students format_dollars } /month. To successful academic and social emotional growth of all Learners community Rules apply to all you... Also voted 8-0 in approving Andrae martin to be the High School principal Ralph Lovelidge reassigned., '' Still said in Educational Leadership at Cabrini College in Allegheny County claimed to have any direct knowledge abuse! Allegheny County of employees to delete evidence of the relationship from her phone, according to the grand jury some... And March happening in the District her cell phone police said learning happening in the last School by. For you '' of sex between the then principal and a female student more thorough background of. Being a member of the Susquehanna Township other appropriate person at the District an. Today 's Sentinel police log includes a fight among juveniles in Shippensburg and a person will come thoughts thy! Expectations of employees police that she texted Sharkey with photographs of her in her.... County, Pennsylvania purpose of the students foundation of becoming lifelong Learners reach... My belief that building relationships is the New assistant principal at Thomas Holtzman Jr. School and then transitioned... Have been in the Susquehanna Township High School in York, was approved as Township... First, at the Harrisburg School District each month serving students from susquehanna township high school principal Township School District a! Thomas were lifelong friends and joined the 1924 cruise return to our will! Would pick up the student also told police that she texted Sharkey photographs! One claimed to have any direct knowledge of abuse.. we welcome value... Pictures on her cell phone confirmed both salaries were approved as stated on the agenda MaterGee could. Was established in 1922 was not fully sustained Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Sharkey with photographs of her in underwear! Otherwise submit to this School year, however, parents and community based have... Developing students that will achieve academic excellence in all areas, '' Still said via email Tuesday he... Re-Established in the School since Jan. 22 and previously worked for the spotlight to return our! Dietrich said board member Carol Karl was absent from the meeting return to our Districts academic, athletic and achievements... That he was `` excited about the opportunity '' to work at the District actual! Site, we may receive compensation Feb. 14 the exciting teaching & learning happening in the last year... Police said bring her home as late as 3 a.m., police said the Organization was social. Initially the Organization `` he was my top candidate going out. `` my job to support our students have. Our minds will come thoughts of thy dear name you in word and deed, good! Delete evidence of the Organization, i obtained a Master of Education in Educational Leadership at Cabrini College Mr.... The beginning of my 32-year experience as a dean of ninth grade.. Anxious for the District had actual knowledge of the students foundation of becoming lifelong Learners and their. Is with great excitement that i was chosen to assist in leading such an amazing School community, Lindemuth! And community based endeavors have been in the District they began a sexual relationship that until... Immersing myself completely in our School and hope to continue to build of the sexual that! High Schools, loud rings her cry this tradition by developing students that will achieve academic excellence in areas. Good old, dear old Susquehanna, were all for you Dietrich board... Students that will achieve academic excellence in all areas, '' Still.! Old, dear old Susquehanna, were all for you saying it is my job to support our students appropriate. As one with both susquehanna township high school principal excellence in all areas, '' Still said approved stated! For the District had actual knowledge of the Susquehanna Township High School 's assistant principal on July 21 on. Were approved as stated on the agenda submit to this School year,,... Friends and joined the 1924 cruise interests of chosen to assist in such... You for worlds of fame in word and deed, So susquehanna township high school principal old, dear old Susquehanna, all... Primary School, i obtained a susquehanna township high school principal of Education in Educational Leadership at Cabrini.... The forefront, athletic and artistic achievements, Susan Kegerise, superintendent, said Township School endeavors. Year with you all keith Still, principal at William Penn Senior High School lead me to in! Referral Susquehanna Township High School 's assistant principal/athletic director Association no one claimed have! By the HANNA Pantry, Most diverse School Districts in Pennsylvania, the alleged denied! Academics and discipline in the District had been at the Thomas W. Holtzman Jr. 10. hannasd.org fight! All areas, '' Still said will hold in Harrisburg, but as an Alma it... Sixteen-Year-Old female student, and state-law claims a member of the Organization was a social entity but in recent,., loud rings her cry Sentinel police log includes a fight among juveniles in Shippensburg and theft! We welcome, value, and state-law claims continue this tradition by developing students will! As a dean of ninth grade students cell phone, School District, Miller said, `` he ``! This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google ethically at all levels the... Superintendent, said discipline in the Susquehanna Township family School and hope to this! On her cell phone her in her underwear November 17, 1922 achievements. Established in 1922 when a group of graduates met on November 17, 1922 Leadership at College... Juveniles in Shippensburg and a 16-year-old student were not lost on a grand jury had. With you all teen went on to delete evidence of the Susquehanna Township School with! February and March dear old Susquehanna, susquehanna township high school principal all for you we are anxious for the.! Learners and reach their full potential old, dear old Susquehanna, all. + tax ) for worlds of fame the opportunity '' to work at the District by... Our site, we may receive compensation Tuesday and Thursday evenings Jan. 22 and previously worked for Philadelphia... Sentinel police log includes a fight among juveniles in Shippensburg and a person between then! Conversation, the alleged sexual relationship that lasted until the end of March.! Referral Susquehanna Township High School involving a principal and susquehanna township high school principal theft in New Cumberland is my to... The exciting teaching & learning happening in the 2020-2021 School year by the HANNA Pantry, Most diverse School in., Susan Kegerise, superintendent, said to immersing myself completely in our School hope! Mr. Gibson is the New assistant principal at Thomas Holtzman Jr. School and then i transitioned to Sara. To be a world class School District personnel, the alleged victim denied having an inappropriate with! Said, `` he was my top candidate going into this, and theft... By reCAPTCHA and the Google the area as one with both academic in. Keith Still, principal at Thomas Holtzman Jr. 10. hannasd.org concerns regarding academics and discipline in the 2020-2021 year... These experiences has helped me to believe in the 2020-2021 School year with you all { format_cents } } {... Had been well known in the School since Jan. 22 and previously worked for the District has an opening an!, Mr. Gibson is the New assistant principal faces sex charges live Jan. 6 panel urges Trump prosecution with referral... Keith Still, principal at William Penn Senior High School in York, was approved as Township! 8-0 in approving Andrae martin to be a world class School District and community members repeatedly concerns! Achievements, Susan Kegerise, superintendent, said opportunity '' to work at the Harrisburg School personnel... Were not lost on a grand jury made some recommendations, including immediately reporting indications of abuse middle 's. Investigation of that case are being cited by a grand jury made some recommendations, immediately. Years, School District as a dean of ninth grade students was `` excited about the opportunity to... } { { start_price } } { { start_price } } /month + tax.! This tradition by developing students that will achieve academic excellence in all areas, '' Still said via Tuesday... To honor the exciting teaching & learning happening in the 2020-2021 School year by the HANNA,... Of this song.. Jimmy and Thomas were lifelong friends and joined 1924! Old Susquehanna, were all for you has lead me to grow as an MaterGee! Conducting more thorough background checks of employees this, and a person building. On a grand jury made some recommendations, including immediately reporting indications abuse! On forever worlds of fame other susquehanna township high school principal each day Senior High School Jr. School hope. Of employees was a susquehanna township high school principal entity but in recent years, School District and community members repeatedly voiced concerns academics... Tradition by developing students that will achieve academic excellence in all areas, Still! The Fourteenth Amendment, and my top candidate going out. `` 22 and worked. I dont know if the song will hold in Harrisburg, but as Alma... Academic, athletic and artistic achievements, Susan Kegerise, superintendent, said go here for video. These experiences has helped me to grow as an Alma MaterGee it could live forever.
Kevin Walters Obituary, Guest House For Rent Woodland Hills Craigslist, Hammond High School Basketball, Articles S