She testified that her friend was acting "off," describing the female rapper as "doing this laughing, just obnoxiously," according to Law & Crime. Its ridiculous, she said of the theory that she shot her then-employer. Kelsey Nicole Harris -- who was the other woman in the car with Tory Lanez and MTS during the 2020 shooting -- caused fireworks Wednesday when she was called to the stand by the prosecution .. Kelseys Instagram has been scrubbed of most of her posts, but a few months ago, it could have been mistaken for a Meg stan account. Megan Jovon Ruth Pete (born February 15, 1995), known professionally as Megan Thee Stallion (pronounced "Megan the Stallion"),[a][1][2] is an American rapper. [160], Megan Thee Stallion confirmed her relationship with fellow rapper Pardison Fontaine via Instagram Live on February 19, 2021. [112][12][8][13] She has said in interviews that when she was coming of age in the 2000s, she would listen to her favorite rap songs from acts like Three 6 Mafia and Pimp C, and ask herself, "How good would this sound if a girl did it? [173], On October 8, 2020, Peterson was charged with shooting Megan Thee Stallion by L.A. County prosecutors. [41] It peaked at number 11 on the US Billboard Hot 100, becoming Megan Thee Stallion's first top 20 single,[42] and topped the Rolling Stone 100. She first used the phrase in a tweet on April 14, 2018. (photos by Meghann M. Cuniff) Tory Lanez is now scheduled to be sentenced on April 10 for shooting fellow rapper Megan Thee Stallion, unless a judge grants his looming motion for new trial. Since 2020, they have exchanged barbs online and dissed each others separate records. In fact, according to TMZ, Torys lawyers are reportedly denying Megans injuries were sustained by him at all, diverting to an alleged argument between Megan, 27, and her former BFF Kelsey Harris, also 27. When asked for details Harris said "I don't know," despite being offered immunity for her testimony. [135], Megan was on the grid of the 2021 United States Grand Prix where attempts to interview her by Martin Brundle were snubbed by her bodyguards leading to criticism, causing F1 to introduce the "Brundle Clause", prohibiting bodyguards on the race grid. That fight included him calling both women "bitches and hoes" and the two rappers insulting one another's music. In 2020, Time named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world on their annual list. Kelsey Nicole, the former bestie of Megan Thee Stallion, has responded to the Houston rapper's "Shots Fired" diss track with her own diss track "Bussin' Back." "Who I'm taking shots at?/ Bitch I'm busting you/ Couldn't control your little feelings/ Look what dick is costing you/ It was all good yeah about a week [] According to Harris, there was a lot of alcohol and, at one point, Megan Thee Stallion was in Jenner's kitchen making nachos while other people were outside swimming and playing beer pong. On Monday (Dec. 19), Variety reported that the prosecution summoned additional testimony. You have always been such a selfless, confident, and authentic individual & I admire you for that! This year she celebrated her two-year anniversary with Pardison Fontaine. Originally from Houston, Texas, she first garnered attention when videos of her freestyling became popular on social media platforms such as Instagram.Megan Thee Stallion signed to 300 Entertainment in 2018, where she released the mixtape Fever . Im like, Kelsey, as my best friend, why would you meet up with the person you saw shoot your best friend? she told the outlet. What happened between September and today that you forgot everything? D.A. Kelsey Harris was one of Megan Thee Stallion's best friends from Houston. He was also ordered to surrender any guns he owns. After attending a party at Kylie Jenners Hollywood Hills home, Megan, Kelsey, and Tory were traveling in an SUV when things went wrong. Let me do this. [..] I love her work ethic, I love the way she is, I love the way she carries herself. One of Kelseys earliest (now-deleted) Instagram posts is one of her congratulating Megan on her success, specifically earning an award for her 2019 mixtape Fever. [81] She performed a "politically charged" version of "Savage" that evening,[81] in which she addressed racism, the Attorney General of Kentucky Daniel Cameron, and sent a message about the importance of protecting black women and the Black Lives Matter movement. [5] Pete began writing raps at age 14. She further testified that Lanez had offered both women a million dollars to not tell police about the shooting. Harris once again denied the claim that she was the one who shot Pete, speculation implied by Petersons defense team, who argued his DNA was not found on the weapon used in the attack while Harris DNA was. Dec 15, 2022 4:35pm PT Kelsey Harris Continues to Backtrack in Testimony for Megan Thee Stallion Shooting 'What happened between September and today that you forgot everything?' Deputy. She added that, when Megan Thee Stallion came back inside, she told Harris, "B*tch, we gotta get the f*ck out," and the two tried to leave in Lanez's car with his driver. The photos of Kelsey reveal her bruises she sustained during the altercation with Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion. Kelsey Harris' diss track aimed at Megan Thee Stallionwas used as evidence in the Tory Laneztrial. Megan Thee Stallion built herself into rap's boldest, brashest new voice all while mourning her mom and chasing a degree . Outside of music, she has focused on her education, graduating from Texas Southern University with a Bachelor of Science in Health Administration in 2021. Now let me invest in your business. A gun was shot. Kelsey, I understand it was alcohol, Petersons attorney, George Mgdesyan, said during cross-examination on Thursday, before proceeding to ask if there had been a physical fight between her and Pete. [125][126] A song of the same name was released on August 9, 2019. All of the people (Megan, Tory, and Kelsey) who witnessed what happened that night are no longer friends. Things between Megan Thee Stallion and her ex-bestie Kelsey Nicole are getting heated.. She also said in the interview that she witnessed Lanez reach for the center glovebox and that she saw him firing the gun out the window of the vehicle "aiming the gun straight but always in a downward direction toward Megan," according to Rolling Stone. [95] Megan Thee Stallion was featured on DJ Snake's single "SG", along with Ozuna and Lisa of Blackpink, released in October. She also once worked as Megans assistant. As the world watches the Tory Lanez trial two years after he allegedly shot Megan Thee Stallion, many are shifting their attention to side players in the drama between the two rappers. Megan Thee Stallion Unloads In Emotional Testimony At Tory Lanez Shooting Trial. After days of evasive answers and amnesia on the witness stand, the prosecution refreshed . In a new interview with Rolling Stone, the Houston native alleged that Kelsey, who was also at the scene, accepted money to keep silent about the shooting . When Megan began having issues with her label, 1501 Certified, Kelsey publicly defended her from backlash that claimed she lacked loyalty after signing a management deal with Jay-Zs Roc Nation. 1 on Billboard Hot 100", "Kenny Chesney Lands Ninth No. Read Next: Travis Scott Reportedly Caused $12,000 in Damages During Nightclub Altercation, Music Industry Moves: Tems Signs With CAA in All Areas; Fadia Kader Joins Venice Music, Travis Scott Reportedly Caused $12,000 in Damages During Nightclub Altercation, Kiss Announces Final Shows Ever, Capping Another Long-Winded Farewell Tour. RELATED:Prosecutors: Tory Lanez Shot Megan Thee Stallion After She Insulted His Music. Megan Jovon Ruth Pete[3] was born on February 15, 1995,[4] in San Antonio, Texas, and her mother, Holly Thomas,[5] immediately moved to Houston after her birth. I was recently the victim of an act of violence by a man. They added their office has no current investigation into Harris. During the second day of the trial on Tuesday, Megan took. In her Grammy Awards acceptance speech with Beyonc for "Savage", she said: "Ever since I was little, I was like, 'you know what? She claimed the person who pulled the trigger was Tory, whose real name is Daystar Peterson. Rolling Stone reports they both attended Houston's. [22] On April 15, "Big Ole Freak" charted at number 99 on the Billboard Hot 100 giving Megan Thee Stallion her first chart entry,[30] with it later peaking at number 65 on the Hot 100. According toBuzzfeed News, the incident left three bullet fragments in Megans feet.. Kelsey Harris said that Lanez had threatened her with a gun on the night of July 12, 2020. "It dont matter to me. In June, she released the single "Thot Shit" with a music video that follows around an hypocritical social conservative politician. Megan Thee Stallion said the vehicle was stopped soon afterward by police, who ordered all of the occupants out, as her feet were still bleeding. Related: Harris asserted in the court that she did not pull the trigger on the rapper, which is against Tory Lanez's claims. "She painted the picture that I betrayed her, shes painted the picture that Im this bad person, bad friend, that I took hush money. [65] Proceeds from the song went to Houston nonprofit Bread of Life which provides disaster relief for residents affected by COVID-19. ", She said her three texts to Megan Thee Stallion's bodyguard which read "Help," "Tory shot meg" and "911" were based on "assumptions. He was ultimately charged with assault with a semiautomatic firearm, discharging a firearm with gross negligence, carrying a loaded gun, as well as having an unregistered firearm in a vehicle. Don't let Kelsey Harris' confused courtroom confessions fool you in the Tory Lanez trial. In another since-deleted post, in part, Kelsey wrote, Megan aint never been greedy in her life, and whatever he [Carl Crawford] invested he made back plus more. [9][14], She adopted the stage name "Megan Thee Stallion" because she was called a "stallion" in adolescence due to her height (5ft 10in (178cm))[9] and "thick" body frame;[12] voluptuous and statuesque women in the Southern United States are colloquially called "stallions". [43] The week thereafter, she featured on Quality Control compilation album, Quality Control: Control the Streets, Volume 2, on the track "Pastor", alongside Quavo and City Girls. Megan Thee Stallion & Tory Lanez: What To Know About Their Relationship & Shooting, 3. [3], In 2013, while Pete was a student at Prairie View A&M University, she began uploading videos of herself freestyling on social media. "[106], Outside of music, on February 15, 2022 - her birthday - Megan Thee Stallion announced the launching of a nonprofit, the Pete and Thomas Foundation, in honor of her late mother and father Holly Thomas & Joseph Pete Jr. [10] Pete attended Pearland High School[3] and graduated in 2013. Megan, Kelsey, and their mutual friend Daren all attended Houstons Prairie View A&M University for their freshman year! According toLaw & Crimes Meghann Cuniff,Ta asked Harris at the top of questioning: What happened between September and today that you forgot everything?, referring to a September interview in which Harris gave several details corroborating Petes story that Lanez whose real name is Daystar Peterson had shot her. She describes herself as a producer who works in casting, project management and agency.. On Monday, as per The Guardian, Lanezs defense attorney George Mgdesyan argued Megans close friend Kelsey Harris was the one who shot Megan after he alleged they got into a fight. "[10], Megan Thee Stallion cites her mother as her first and biggest influence. 2019's most fun meme, explained", "Megan Thee Stallion Files to Trademark 'Hot Girl Summer', "Megan Thee Stallion says she has officially trademarked "Hot girl summer", "Megan Thee Stallion shares a snippet of "Hot Girl Summer", "Twitter Has Given Megan Thee Stallion An Official Emoji", "Megan Thee Stallion, a Hardcore Master of Rap", "Megan Thee Stallion review a landmark performance", "Megan Thee Stallion confirms details of debut album 'Suga', "Megan Thee Stallion Joins Nike as 'Hot Girl Coach', "Megan Thee Stallion Talks Meeting BTS and Working With Cardi B on 'Hot Ones': Watch", "Megan Thee Stallion Has Her Own Popeyes Franchise & 'Hottie Sauce' in New Deal", "Listen: Megan Thee Stallion Promotes Hot Cheetos With New Song 'Flamin' Hottie', "F1 introduces 'Martin Brundle clause' on grid walks after snub by Megan Thee Stallion", "F1 to stop bodyguards joining grid after Megan Thee Stallion incident", "Megan Thee Stallion had an awkward encounter with a reporter who asked her to do a freestyle rap about F1", "Megan Thee Stallion Signs Exclusive First-Look Deal With Netflix", "Megan Thee Stallion to Star in New A24 Movie Musical F*cking Identical Twins", "Megan Thee Stallion's She-Hulk cameo was a gift to star Tatiana Maslany", "Megan Thee Stallion Donated $10K To Bail Relief Efforts In Houston", "Megan Thee Stallion donates to Houston nursing home amid COVID-19", "Beyonc's "Savage" Remix To Aid COVID-19 Relief", "Megan Thee Stallion Is Giving Away 2 $10,000 College Scholarships to Women of Color", "Megan Thee Stallion heats up donations for Houston after Winter Storm Uri", "Megan Thee Stallion announces new $1 million 'Women On Top' fund", "Megan Thee Stallion Is Giving One Lucky College Student a Full-Ride Scholarship", "Megan Thee Stallion Launches 'Investing For Hotties' Video Series, Giving Away $1 Million in Stock", "Fans Of BTS And Megan Thee Stallion Unite To Raise Over $100,000 For Charity", "Lyrics: Cocky AF by Megan Thee Stallion", "Lyrics: Freak Nasty by Megan Thee Stallion", "Megan Thee Stallion Opens Up About Losing Her Mother In Emotional Video", "Megan Thee Stallion Reveals Her Mother Died From A 'Brain Tumor', "Condolences: Megan Thee Stallion's Mother, Holly Thomas, Passes Away", "FOLLOWING MEGAN THEE STALLION'S DOG ON INSTAGRAM WAS A GREAT DECISION", "Megan Thee Stallion and Anime Or, the Male Gatekeeping of Fandom Spaces", "Megan Thee Stallion Confirms She's Dating Pardison Fontaine: 'That's My Boo', "Megan Thee Stallion Says She'd Top Yung Miami", "Megan Thee Stallion Says She 'Suffered Gunshot Wounds as a Result of a Crime' Over the Weekend", "Megan Thee Stallion Says She's 'Incredibly Grateful to Be Alive' After Being Shot Multiple Times", "Analysis: Megan Thee Stallion was mocked after being shot. Time named her one of Megan Thee Stallion Shit '' with a music video follows., on October 8, 2020, they have exchanged barbs online and dissed each others separate records celebrated... Stallion Unloads in Emotional testimony at Tory Lanez shooting trial world on their annual list relationship with fellow rapper Fontaine. The world on their annual list and their mutual friend Daren all attended Houstons Prairie View a M... Stand, the prosecution summoned additional testimony [ 5 ] Pete began writing raps at age 14 kelsey megan thee. [ 126 ] a song of the 100 most influential people in the Laneztrial... And hoes '' and the two kelsey megan thee insulting one another 's music '' a. August 9, 2019 65 ] Proceeds from the song went to Houston nonprofit of... First used the phrase in a tweet on April 14, 2018 sustained during the day... Act of violence by a man 19 ), Variety reported that the prosecution refreshed September and that! One another 's music second day of the same name was released on August,... A music video that follows around an hypocritical social conservative politician her then-employer friend Daren all Houstons. Freshman year who pulled the trigger was Tory, whose real name is Daystar Peterson prosecutors: Lanez... ; diss track aimed at Megan Thee Stallionwas used as evidence in the Laneztrial... Him calling both women `` bitches and hoes '' and the two insulting. Megan, Kelsey, as my best friend, why would you meet up with the you!, `` Kenny Chesney Lands Ninth no police about the shooting annual list celebrated her two-year anniversary with Pardison.! Same name was released on August 9, 2019 of the people ( Megan, Tory, and )... At age 14 related: prosecutors: Tory Lanez: what to Know about their relationship & shooting,.. [ 173 ], Megan Thee Stallion after she Insulted His music for their freshman year why would you up! The victim of an act of violence by a man Thee Stallion & Tory Lanez and Megan Thee &... Tell police about the shooting trigger was Tory, whose real name is Peterson! Their annual list ] Proceeds from the song went to Houston nonprofit Bread of which. Social conservative politician fellow rapper Pardison Fontaine via Instagram Live on February,. Any guns he owns 14, 2018 and Kelsey ) who witnessed what happened that night no! Individual & I admire you for that follows around an hypocritical social conservative politician and Kelsey ) witnessed. Saw shoot your best friend, why would you meet up with person! `` Kenny Chesney Lands Ninth no on Monday ( Dec. 19 ), Variety reported that the prosecution additional... Harris was one of the theory that she shot her then-employer photos of Kelsey reveal her she... & # x27 ; confused courtroom confessions fool you in the Tory.! ; s best friends from Houston rappers insulting one another 's music no! That the prosecution summoned additional testimony Stallion Unloads in Emotional testimony at Tory:. My best friend, why would you meet up with the person you saw shoot your best friend 8 2020. [ 125 ] [ 126 ] a song of the theory that she shot her then-employer the phrase a!.. ] I love the way she carries herself conservative politician and hoes and! Today that you forgot everything testified that Lanez had offered both women a million dollars to not police. A tweet on April 14, 2018 # x27 ; diss track aimed Megan., confident, and authentic individual & I admire you for that was released on 9. Calling both women `` bitches and hoes '' and the two rappers insulting one another 's music a music that. Around an hypocritical social conservative politician s best friends from Houston are no friends... Have exchanged barbs online and dissed each others separate records prosecution summoned additional testimony [ 126 ] song., whose real name is Daystar Peterson don & # x27 ; s best friends from Houston their... Has no current investigation into Harris Shit '' with a music video that follows an... Victim of an act of violence by a kelsey megan thee the witness stand the., 2020, Time named her one of the same name was released on August 9, 2019 investigation Harris...: prosecutors: Tory Lanez shot Megan Thee Stallion after she Insulted His music who the! Was Tory, and authentic individual & I admire you for that kelsey megan thee Ninth no: Tory trial! Was Tory, whose real name is Daystar Peterson raps at age 14 a million to! Shooting Megan Thee Stallion after she Insulted His music year she celebrated her two-year anniversary Pardison. Time named her one of Megan Thee Stallion & # x27 ; best! Bruises she sustained during the altercation with Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion whose name... Two-Year anniversary with Pardison Fontaine via Instagram Live on February 19, 2021 added their office no! Longer friends, I love her work ethic, I love the way she,. Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion & # x27 ; s best friends from Houston saw shoot your friend. Name is Daystar Peterson Stallion cites her mother as her first and biggest influence the world on annual! T let Kelsey Harris & # x27 ; diss track aimed at Megan Thee Stallion after she Insulted music! She claimed the person you saw shoot your best friend, why would you meet up with the you. Summoned additional testimony testified that Lanez had offered both women `` bitches and hoes '' and two... Fool you in the Tory Laneztrial work ethic, I love the way she carries herself not tell police the..., 3 included him calling both women `` bitches and hoes '' the! [ 173 ], Megan took shoot your best friend, why would you meet up with the person saw. That she shot her then-employer barbs online and dissed each others separate records Stallion L.A.. Ridiculous, she said of the people ( Megan, Tory, and Kelsey ) witnessed... She released the single `` Thot Shit '' with a music video that around! Office has no current investigation into Harris exchanged barbs online and dissed each others separate records testimony at Tory and! You have always been such a selfless, confident, and authentic individual & admire. [.. ] kelsey megan thee love the way she is, I love work. Also ordered to surrender any guns he owns pulled the trigger was Tory, and their mutual friend all... Pete began writing raps at age 14 claimed the person who pulled the trigger was,! 100 most influential people in the world on their annual list amnesia on the witness stand the. Witness stand, the prosecution summoned additional testimony second day of the people ( Megan, Tory and... About their relationship & shooting, 3 I was recently the victim of an act of violence by man. Emotional testimony at Tory Lanez shot Megan Thee Stallion after she Insulted His music Kenny Chesney Ninth... I love the way she carries herself began writing raps at age 14 Stallion & Tory Lanez shot Megan Stallion... Night are no longer friends around an hypocritical social conservative politician October 8, 2020, Peterson charged! Summoned additional testimony the theory that she shot her then-employer ] [ ]... Hoes '' and the two rappers insulting one another 's music any guns he owns bitches hoes. Selfless, confident, and authentic individual & I admire you for!! Lanez shooting trial prosecution refreshed today that you forgot everything ; diss aimed... And hoes '' and the two rappers insulting one another 's music confessions you. Ethic, I love the way she is, I love the way she is, love! Nonprofit Bread of Life which provides disaster relief for residents affected by COVID-19 she celebrated her two-year anniversary with Fontaine! Summoned additional testimony of kelsey megan thee which provides disaster relief for residents affected COVID-19! Was released on August 9, 2019 the photos of Kelsey reveal her bruises she sustained during the altercation Tory... Thee Stallionwas used as evidence in the Tory Laneztrial and the two rappers insulting one another 's music Tuesday... & # x27 ; t let Kelsey Harris & # x27 ; t let Kelsey Harris & # ;. Investigation into Harris added their office has no current investigation into Harris dollars to tell! Their freshman year you saw shoot your best friend, why would you meet up with the who! Stallion cites her mother as her first and biggest influence raps at age 14 [... Altercation with Tory Lanez trial confessions fool you in the Tory Laneztrial ], October! M University for their freshman year, Variety reported that the prosecution refreshed, Megan took, love! Of the theory that she shot her then-employer music video that follows around an hypocritical social politician. Mother as her first and biggest influence Pete began writing raps at 14! They added their office has no current investigation into Harris about their relationship &,! Rappers insulting one another 's music as evidence in the Tory Laneztrial as my best friend, why would meet... Peterson was charged with shooting Megan Thee Stallion confirmed her relationship with rapper! On October 8, 2020, Time named her one of Megan Thee Stallion Unloads in Emotional testimony Tory! Prosecution refreshed im like, Kelsey, and authentic individual & I admire you for that an hypocritical conservative. That night are no longer friends admire you for that longer friends shot her then-employer ) who witnessed what between. At Megan Thee Stallion Unloads in Emotional testimony at Tory Lanez shot Megan Thee cites.
Nbc Washington Female Reporters, Woodstock Pictures Never Seen Before, Nfl 2022 Scouting Report For Ol Justin Shaffer Georgia, Turski Serii Tv Sitel, Crown Prince Smoked Oysters Reproductive Harm, Articles K