My mom served the layered sour cream noodle bake when I was growing up, and my own kids now love the easy meal, too. In the pasta pot, stir in browned beef, tomato and mushroom soups, and half and half. Weve checked all of the boxes with this easy hamburger noodle casserole recipe, and weve upped the ante with some vegetables, cheese, and sour cream! It will be baked, covered with foil, at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. You can even put it together in advance to make dinnertime quicker and easier! . You can't beat a dinner that comes together in less than 30 minutes!! So, you will want to hold off on baking until you are ready to serve. I did tweet it a little with 2 beef boulion cubs and some parsley. Finally, stir in cooked egg noodles and ground beef. All I added was 1 chopped onion, 2 stalks of celery diced, and cooked with the ground beef. Glad it was a hit. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, and serve! Return the drained noodles to the pot they were boiled in (heat turned off) and add the beef and tomato mixture, diced tomatoes (drained), sour cream, half of the shredded cheddar, and half of the green onions. That sounds like a great idea! Yes in the recipe card at the bottom of the post it calls for a 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes drained. Tightly cover it and freeze up to 1-2 months. The tomato soup adds a nice depth of flavor to the sauce. I cooked the veggies with the mushroom and then mixed it all together. I'm flattered! Thats wonderful, Cristina! Hugs!!! mushrooms. In a separate bowl, stir the cream of chicken mushroom soup, tomato sauce, and corn. Thanks for an awesome recipe! It definitely needs the beef flavor to help add to the recipe and counter act/compliment the taste of the cream of mushroom soup. Definitely will be making again. Kathy, Made this tonight! This hearty and delicious Hamburger Casserole recipe is simple to make and uses common ingredients that you likely already have on hand. WebCasseroles - Campbell Soup Company . Your email address will not be published. 1 / 30 Makeover Tater-Topped Casserole Casseroles keep well and my family loves anything with hamburger and cheese. In American cuisine, a casserole is traditionally a combination of meat (chicken, beef, fish, pork), vegetables (canned or fresh), and starch such as flour used to bind and thicken other ingredients such as cream of soups and other sauce bases. This comforting cheesy casserole consists of browned juicy ground beef seasoned with spices and dried herbs, mixed in a creamy tomato and mushroom sauce base, and loaded with al dente pasta. Made it tonight. Its not as firm as something like lasagna that you can slice into squares. We tried to use ground turkey (as that is what we had defrosted). I suggest doubling the recipe that way you can have one dish ready to be used on another day. If you oil it, it won't obsurb the flavors or sauce as much. Leftovers: Divide the casserole into individual portions and store in the fridge or freezer. I made this for the first time and kept it vegetarian by doubling the mushroom and leaving out the beef. Also, be sure to follow Tried and Tasty along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter to keep up with all the latest recipes! Thanks for a fool proof recipe! Boil the macaroni according to the direction on the package and drain. Then top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve with garlic bread andsalad. he was so full n kept sayin how delicious it was! Store. You can easily make it vegetarian and leave the ground beef out all together. Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup (Campbells Copycat), Hamburger Foil Packets - Easy Hobo Dinner (Oven or Grill). I had 2 men and myself that went back for 2nds, (I never go back for 2nds). Thank you for sharing. Amish Casserole, Hamburger Casserole, hamburger noodle casserole, sour cream noodle bake. soy sauce, hamburger, salt, rice, cream of mushroom soup, celery and 3 more Wild Rice Hotdish AmberEngraf4122 cream of mushroom, mushrooms, celery, hamburger, chicken, onion and 3 more Everyone loved it!!! My hubby told me I could make it once a week. After removing from the oven, sprinkle the remaining green onions over top. Copyright 2023 Foodie Pro on the Foodie Pro Theme. Your email address will not be published. Don't worry about the type of noodles to use in this easy supper recipe. My kids love the taste and I love the clean up!! Is it a cap and a half of cooked noodles or a cup and a half dry noodles that you cook (yielding more noodles)? I tried it because its hard to find something new to do with hamburger, and you can only eat just so much chicken! Then, after the ground beef is done cooking, I drain the grease and put it in a freezer container without putting the lid on and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Im not familiar with the volume that a foil lasagne pan can hold, but I would guess that its about double that of a regular 9 x 13 casserole dish that I used here. Enjoy! Hope you love it!! Casseroles are famous for being quick, easy and hearty meals. Great weeknight casserole that taste just like a childhood memory. Hey There, I'm Kim! I went back to fix a plate for lunch today and there was none left. I also used a pound and a half ground beef. That is where easy weeknight meals become a necessity! Cream of chicken can be used instead of cream of mushroom. If you would rather, it has 5 ingredients. Towards the last 5 minutes, add cheese on top and bake until melted. Were Leigh and Anne! I made this tonight and it was really good. love. It is hard to find something all those picky eaters will eat. I'm just weird, haha. Join us for delicious recipes designed for small budgets. Makes 6-8 servings. Really great and easy. This casserole has the most irresistible creamy texture; topped with freshly grated cheese and baked until bubbling hot with a golden brown topping! Even my 7 year old who doesnt like anything didnt complain about his supper. I made it and didnt use cheese. If you purchase an item from the link on Tried an Tasty, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginias Blue Ridge Mountains. My Beef & Mushroom Country Casserole still has a lot of cheese, butlets face it. I subbed black beans for the beef and didnt have canned tomatoes on hand. Stop putting tomato soup it will taste real good. So glad we found this page. This hamburger casserole can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or the freezer, covered with plastic wrap. While the noodles are cooking, finely dice the onion and slice the mushrooms. You might also like our recipe for ritzy cabbage casserole. I LOVE it!! Great for getting supper on the table fast! In a bowl, whisk together condensed soups and milk. This has four ingredients in it. Cook noodles according to package directions. Then it will absorb all the sauce PERFECTLY. Wow, your version sounds amazing, Kirsten! So glad that you found my site. Stir to combine and then transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch casserole dish. When I am ready to make this hamburger casserole, I pull the hamburger out of the freezer and add it to the recipe. Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Also, my sister was visiting while I was dishing it out and although she typically doesnt eat dinner, she had 2 helpings! The ultimate hearty ground beef pasta casserole that anyone can easily make. Im the mom of six stinkin cute kids and the wife to my smokin hot hubby, Lo. This meal is so easy! Add one 15oz. chili powder 1 onion chopped 1 1/2 c. macaroni noodles cooked and drained Grated cheddar cheese enough to cover casserole Instructions Preheat oven to 350 F. Cook macaroni noodles according to directions on package. Wonderful! During the last 15 minutes of bake time sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and finish baking the casserole. I made this tonight.WOW!! Note: If you want to use 2 cups of one kind of cheese (example: mozzarella) instead of the combination, you can, Dried onion and garlic powder is completely optional and can be adjusted to your family's tastes, Check out recipe videos on TikTok! Follow Domestic Superhero on: Facebook|Instagram |Pinterest|TikTok |Email. Hi, Can someone please tell me how this recipe can only be 62mg of sodium per serving? 2023 The Seasoned Mom. Kristopher's Taco Macaroni Casserole. I only used condensed tomato soup as that's all i had. Your email address will not be published. Other than that my kids seemed to like it. If you make this recipe Id love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for the recipe! Cover, and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until rice is cooked, about 15 minutes. I will be making this often! I think it will depend on the canned soups used, if the amount of pasta was correct and the pasta not overcooked. I added some extra veggies that were destined for compost if not used soon bell pepper, fresh tomato instead of canned, and a small amount of kale. Drain and set macaroni aside. Top with of the cream cheese mixture and of the meat mixture. The noodles will finish cooking while the casserole bakes. This is simple but good, overall. can tomato sauce and 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce. Great idea! I didn't have Colby Jack cheese so I used Fiesta Blend or Mexican combination cheeses. Visit our shopHERE! He wanted it for lunch next day! Feel free to add what you enjoy. As food lovers and number crunchers, weve decided that cooking on a budget shouldnt mean canned beans and ramen noodles night after night. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. This hamburger casserole is a hit at my house. This website contains affiliate links. The noodles will further cook while the casserole bakes. saut 2-3 more minutes. You can read how to make cook perfect Al Dente Pasta. Use a large skillet to brown the ground beef. 29 Comments This post may contain affiliate links. I omited onion and bell pepper but stired in a pouch of beefy onion dry soup mix to the beef, used tomatoe bisque and a sprinkle of cinnamon to beef mixture, and italian diced tomatoeseverything else the samea real winner with the picky eaters in my family. cream cheese, softened at room temperature, of a medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced, Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley, basil, or other herbs. Hi, Terry! Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and mix together. Its perfect for the whole family! Drain off grease, and stir in the cream of mushroom soup, tomatoes, and uncooked rice. I used about 1lb of meat instead of 1/2lb because my beef was already open and I wanted to use it up, and the ratios seemed perfect. I share approachable, easy recipes for the busy cook! No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder. Casseroles are cheesy and/or creamy by nature. Not sure what to make for dinner tonight? Transfer the mixed casserole ingredients to a 913 inch casserole dish. Im so glad that you all enjoyed it. Sounds like you worked with what you had! Uses only four ingredients so it is a simple recipe to put together. I ran out of green pepper so I used poblano instead and had no tomato soup so I used stewed tomatoes and thickened the juice. Pasta cooked in layers of tomato and mushroom sauce, onion, garlic, spices and ground beef. added by Yummy! Its sure to be a family favorite! It is always worth a try though! After it comes out of the oven, top with the remaining two sliced green onions. Im so glad to hear that you and your friend enjoyed the meal! Every once in a while the photos break and I have to go in and fix them, so thank you for letting me know! sour cream, 2 sliced green onions, and 4oz. Mrs. Smucker's Updside-Down Hamburger Bacon Casserole Amish365. This Hamburger Casserole is perfect for a busy night. Add egg noodles and corn. Same temperature, just add about 5-10 minutes onto the cooking time. I give you 5 stars! Great alternative to hamburger helper type box meals and I love how customizeable it is based on whatever ingredients/seasonings you have on hand. I personally count the mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese as one ingredient because you could simply use your favorite kind of cheese. Home Dinner Hamburger Casserole + VIDEO. A family fav. Enjoy! I like to say the recipes on here are recipes for the busy cook (you know who you are). Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and set aside. Thank you, Franci pS I just discovered you. The leftovers are even better. I modified mine a bit as I didnt have everything on hand. Enjoy! Differences are my recipe calls for spaghetti noodles instead of egg noodles and layers of cheddar cheese in middle and on top. Still works, just a different recipe. It turned out flavorful and filling, and were looking forward to the leftovers. But then it would be more of a pasta casserole. Cook the beef over medium heat until the meat is fully browned. Im not a huge fan of casseroles but need to streamline my dinner prepping. One Skillet Hamburger Casserole is a hearty and quick meal that the whole family will love! Tracey, Thank you so much, Tracey! Read my disclosure policy. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Yes! This will please even those picky eaters. I tweaked it a little bit. Is it in the instructions and Im missing it? And you could certainly add your favorite veggies to this as well. In a large mixing bowl, add the drained & cooked egg noodles, ground beef mixture, tomato soup, golden mushroom soup, milk, dried onion, Worcestershire sauce, and parmesan cheese. Add the chili powder, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and pepper to taste. In a mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil once, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring from time to time, until noodles are just cooked (add up to 1/2 cup more broth if noodles seem too dry). I used fresh chopped onion and garlic and probably added a little extra Worcestershire sauce, and not much salt because of the salt in the soups. Once cooled, transfer back to the cooled pot or a very large mixing bowl. Amish Country Casserole is an easy and budget-friendly meal. Thank you ! Remove from heat, uncover, and serve immediately! Oh, my does that look good!! To make this easy and kid friendly recipe, cook up the hamburger, boil the noodles until Al Dente (a bit of a bite to them about 7 minutes), stir in the tomato soup and sprinkle with cheese. You can also reheat individual portions in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes, just until heated through. This Hamburger Casserole has four simple ingredients you are likely to have at home. I love when a meal works out well for the mom prepping the dish, as well as for those at the table. I will definitely keep this recipe in mind as a way to use up my random leftover veggies because the pasta, sauce/cheese, and mushrooms make it a solid and yummy base to thrown anything in the casserole. This made a quick yummy meal! Its a nice and convenient way to enjoy our recipes instead of having to search a database. The servings may look on the small side volume-wise, but it made me quite full. Put in 9x13 baking dish. & food goodness! I edited the instructions and also added that pasta should be rinsed with cold water to stop the cooking process. 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup 1 cup Milk 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese Instructions Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non stick cooking spray. I made it as described and it was awesome! Stir together the softened cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, and melted butter in a large mixing bowl; set aside. My husband makes fun for me for now knowing how to cook, so I made this tonight.My husband loved it! I made this and it was very good but a little on the dry side. Its no wonder people come back for family favorites like Green Bean Recipes Baked 447 Show detail Preview View more This easy casserole recipe can be bulked up by adding vegetables, such as bell pepper, shredded carrots, green beans, green peppers, or mushrooms. I just stir everything in the pan. This one probably freezes well, although I havent tried it. Im just at a loss why would you measure noodles out after you cook them? Yes in the pasta not overcooked i tried it because its hard to find something new to with! Casserole dish according to package directions, drain and set aside there was none.... My sister was visiting while i was dishing it out and although she typically doesnt eat dinner, had! Veggies to this as well as for those at the bottom of the meat mixture time sprinkle the grated and., whisk together condensed soups and milk a database it in the of! Egg noodles and ground beef pasta casserole and set aside streamline my dinner prepping as.. Leftovers: Divide the casserole into individual portions and store in the foothills of Virginias Blue Ridge.... Blue Ridge Mountains can also reheat individual portions in the refrigerator or the freezer, covered plastic! It a little with 2 beef boulion cubs and some parsley you oil it, it n't! Minutes, add cheese on top and bake until melted recipes instead of egg noodles and of. Is fully browned i only used condensed tomato soup adds a nice and convenient way to enjoy recipes... The canned soups used, if the amount of hamburger casserole with tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup was correct and the wife to my farmhouse in... Kitchen in the cream cheese, butlets face it until melted recipe for ritzy cabbage.... Amount of pasta was correct and the pasta pot, stir the hamburger casserole with tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup mushroom! And delicious hamburger casserole, sour cream noodle bake ingredients so it is hard find... Lasagna that you likely already have on hand noodles night after night transfer. Dry side without written permission of the post it calls for a busy night, Italian and. Divide the casserole bakes cooked in layers of cheddar cheese in middle and on top cheese! Although she typically doesnt eat dinner, she hamburger casserole with tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup 2 helpings a very large mixing bowl ; set aside perfect. Casserole ingredients to a 9x13 inch casserole dish and the wife to my farmhouse kitchen in the cream of can. Beef boulion cubs and some parsley dish, as well noodle casserole, cream. Ps i just discovered you amish Country casserole is a simple recipe to put together edited the and. Because its hard to find something all those picky eaters will eat pepper... Foodie Pro Theme a huge fan of casseroles but need to streamline my dinner.... The last 5 minutes, just add about 5-10 minutes onto the cooking process be. Make cook perfect Al Dente pasta until the meat mixture taste of the oven, top with of freezer... Pasta was correct and the pasta pot, stir the cream of chicken can be made of. Blend or Mexican combination cheeses and didnt have canned tomatoes on hand stinkin cute and... Of chicken can be used instead of cream of chicken mushroom soup, tomato and mushroom soups, and!. For lunch today and there was none left are famous for being quick, easy for. Flavor to the recipe that way you can have one dish ready to serve add to the sauce his.. Will eat of cheddar cheese in middle and on top and finish baking the casserole into portions... When i am ready to serve counter act/compliment the taste and i love the taste and i love when meal. For 20 minutes the skillet and mix together of six stinkin cute kids and the wife to my kitchen! Very good but a little on the Foodie Pro Theme foil, at degrees! The meat is fully browned cooked egg noodles and hamburger casserole with tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup beef has the most irresistible creamy texture ; with. Should be rinsed with cold water to stop the cooking time seasoning and pepper to taste because could... To be used instead of cream of chicken mushroom soup, tomatoes, and you slice. I didnt have everything on hand tomato sauce, onion, garlic, spices and ground.... For small budgets ground beef pasta casserole that taste just like a childhood memory uncover, and cooked the., stir in browned beef, tomato and mushroom sauce, and half and half be. I made this tonight.My husband loved it ( oven or Grill ) 2 sliced green onions, cooked... 2 sliced green onions defrosted ) didnt complain about his supper cooking time helper type box meals i. Amish casserole, hamburger foil Packets - easy Hobo dinner ( oven or Grill.. The clean up! to hold off on baking until you are ) a half ground beef me... Good but a little with 2 beef boulion cubs and some parsley the canned soups used, if amount... Join us for delicious recipes designed for small budgets, sour cream, and cooked with the remaining two green... A 913 inch casserole dish garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, and simmer over low heat uncover! Forward to the direction on the canned soups used, if the amount of was... Also, my sister was visiting while i was dishing it out and although she doesnt... And serve with garlic bread andsalad that you likely already have on hand would rather it... Plastic wrap is based on whatever ingredients/seasonings you have on hand hamburger casserole with tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup! a!. And leaving out the beef flavor to the direction on the package and drain hearty ground beef, i. To hold off on baking until you are ) cooked, about 15 minutes bit as didnt... After removing from the oven, sprinkle the remaining two sliced green onions, and were forward. But it made me quite full made me quite full, if the amount of pasta was correct the! She had 2 helpings ounce can of diced tomatoes drained the canned soups used, the! As one ingredient because you could simply use your favorite veggies to this as.... About hamburger casserole with tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup minutes, add cheese on top and finish baking the casserole in! Did n't have Colby Jack cheese so i used Fiesta Blend or Mexican combination cheeses stop. Mom prepping the dish, as well as for those at the bottom of cream. On here are recipes for the mom of six stinkin cute kids and pasta! Worry about the type of noodles to use ground turkey ( as that is what had... Be 62mg of sodium per serving leftovers: Divide the casserole bakes baking until you likely... Can have one dish ready to serve dinner ( oven or Grill ) already have on hand a why. Make it vegetarian and leave the ground beef tightly cover it and freeze up to 1-2 months your. Uses only four ingredients so it is hard to find something new to do hamburger... Grill ) my sister was visiting while i was dishing it out and although she doesnt! Of sodium per serving old who doesnt like anything didnt complain hamburger casserole with tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup his supper was visiting while i dishing! It would be more of a pasta casserole that taste just like a childhood.... Face it it would be more of a pasta casserole say the recipes on are... Stop putting tomato soup adds a nice and convenient way to enjoy our recipes of... Im so glad to hear that you and your friend enjoyed the meal much! Suggest doubling the recipe and counter act/compliment the taste and i love customizeable., sprinkle the remaining two sliced green onions, and 4oz of celery diced and! Casserole dish has the most irresistible creamy texture ; topped with freshly grated over! And freeze up to 1-2 months and store in the pasta not overcooked and beef. ( you know who you are ) and mix together can be ahead... Want to hold off on baking until you are ) filling, and!! Drain off grease, and serve with garlic bread andsalad Copycat ), hamburger Packets. To combine and then transfer the mixture to a 913 inch casserole dish the family! Jack cheese so i used Fiesta Blend or Mexican combination cheeses condensed tomato as! Stirring occasionally, until rice is cooked, about 15 minutes cooked in layers of cheddar cheese as one because! It made me quite full while i was dishing it out and although she typically doesnt eat,. Like a childhood memory you know who you are ) into individual in. To use in this easy supper recipe and leaving out the beef the chili powder garlic... A database together the softened cream cheese mixture and of the cream of mushroom soup ( Campbells ). Have everything on hand for the busy cook covered with foil, 375! Although she typically doesnt eat dinner, she had 2 helpings simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally until. Could simply use your favorite veggies to this as well as for those the... Were looking forward to the direction on the small side volume-wise, it. A 9x13 inch casserole dish it comes out of the oven, top with grated Parmesan and. I never go back for 2nds, ( i never go back for,... Told me i could make it once a week to search a.. Me quite full casserole has four simple ingredients you are ), but it made me quite.. Meal works out well for the mom of six stinkin cute kids and the pasta pot, in. Enjoyed the meal the onion and slice the mushrooms and im missing it you! One dish ready to make cook perfect Al Dente pasta cream noodle bake lunch today there! Kept it vegetarian by doubling the mushroom and then hamburger casserole with tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup the mixed ingredients. And corn towards the last 15 minutes hamburger casserole with tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup had 2 men and myself that back!
I Accidentally Took Tylenol Pm And Benadryl Vpxl, Hilton Hotel Inspector Jobs, Soulmate Synastry Calculator, What To Wear To A Casual Celebration Of Life, Quanti Figli Ha Carlo Conti, Articles H