What can you add to a regular cake mix to make it taste more delicious? We ate it warm with coconut whipped topping sprayed on top and it was fabulous! Place in ungreased tube pan and bake according to the directions on the box. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until ready to serve. Follow the directions on the cake mix box to make the cake batter. I hope you love it! 2. Hubby loved it. Hi, the cherry portion is supposed to be gooey while the cake portion is more baked. 1 20 oz. Cake Mix Bake someone happy! Let your cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan it was baked in. Another option is to add a cup of sour cream to the mix. If you try it, please let me know how it goes! Mix the cake mix, water, butter, and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds in a large bowl. I love that cherry filling. Im so glad you enjoyed that. Dump pineapple with juice and spread into bottom of pan. If it comes out clean, take it out of the oven. Meanwhile, prepare the whipped topping. It took me 28 attempts, many brands, tastes, substitutions, and the addition of ingredients, but I have created the best doctored yellow cake mix recipe. Spray two 8-by-3-inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray and set them aside. One is to add a tablespoon or two of instant coffee powder to the mix. After it is baked, it is flipped over the topping is on top. To create a truly exceptional boxed cake, you can drastically alter the ingredients, such as removing oil from the batter and replacing it with butter and water. Indulge In Sweet Treats: The Best Places To Get Cake Pops In Gilbert Arizona. Turn upside down on a serving plate right away, but don't take the cake out of the pan for a few minutes. Spread the butter out evenly to cover 2 Step 2: Make the Cake Batter. I admit the name isn't all too appealing, but you literally just "dump" the ingredients into the pan. Next, add the crushed pineapple that has been drained and spread it carefully over the brown sugar mixture in the bottom of both cake pans. If you come up with something awesome, let me know! Whipped cream goes great on top of that cake. In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Bake cake for 35-40 or until cake is golden brown and springs back when touched. Set the oven's temperature to 350F. Olya, thank you for such a great review, Im glad you liked it :). My name is Dayna. I still made it, and was pleasantly surprised. . I drizzled the top with 1 stick of melted butter to which i added half cup of coconut oil. Do you have to add pineapple to the cake or are there other substitutes I can use? , , 4 , . I put butter on top and followed directions. It is not a matter of if there is a chocolate limit. This sounds really easy and yummy. Pineapple upside down cake is one of my favorites and after trying many recipes are fine that duncan did it better its easy to understand and you are giving everything but the pineapples to complete this desert comes out perfect not too sweet but really delicious and moist. Parchment paper works well, too. Adding more eggs or replacing the water with whole milk or coffee will help to improve the recipe. Thats so great Amber! Just dont frost until ready to serve. Set aside. Do not drain pineapple. Love your recipes, Natasha! Do not drain pineapple. Hi Maria, I think its best eaten the same day its made. Told hubby to hide it before I eat it all. Mix the sour cream and crushed pineapple into the batter until everything is well blended. Hi Vivian, Ive never had that experience before so Im not sure what could have gone wrong. Ill definitely make it again! i want to make this the night before our gathering. Hey there! Im curious, Amazingly easy,I changed the layering I found starting with cherry filling on bottom then using a sifter to add cake mix followed by pineapple tidbits and drizzling butter on top eliminated dry cake mix . Put a maraschino cherry in the middle of a slice of pineapple. That's ALL. Hi Priscilla, I use both: I omitted the nuts, as some people I planned on serving it to have allergies. This will give the cake a richer flavor. Can this be put together earlier in the day and then baked later that same day? This Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake has just 5 ingredients and is probably one of the easiest desserts youll ever make. Do not drain pineapple. 3/4 cup cooking oil (I use Canola oil) 4 eggs. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. mix that had double To reach the next level, make the transition from oil to butter and milk to water from a boxed cake. This pineapple dream cake is perfect for your next barbecue. Welcome to my kitchen! It starts with a Duncan Hines cake mix and has a beautiful topping of caramelized pineapple and maraschino cherries. Sprinkle pineapple evenly over brown sugar. Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Pair this dump cake with vanilla ice cream and you have yourself one super tasty, crowd-pleasing cake. For extra pineapple flavor, dont drain the pineapple. Ingredients for Cake. Please share with us how it goes. Blend cake mix, pineapple, water, eggs and oil in large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Yes its definitely nice to have tart cherries to cut through the sweetness of the cake. Grease and flour three 9- by 1-inch round cake pans, two 9- by 2-inch round pans, one 10-inch (12-cup) Bundt or tube pan, one 13- by 9- by 2-inch pan, or one 17- by 11-inch jelly-roll pan. While that is happening, make the whipped topping. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet batter until they are all mixed in. Perfect for the holidays or as a tasty family dessert any time of the year. My husband and I run this blog together and share only our best, family approved and tested recipes with YOU. Rub butter into a 13 by 9 inch pan. Tanya, thank you for the nice review and I really like the idea of adding coconut . I havent tried it, but I dont see why not. Im so sorry to hear that you have that disorder :(. For 43 to 48 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Set aside and make the frosting. 1 box yellow cake mix (with ingredients on the back of the box, with water switched out for pineapple juice) 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix 1 cups 2% milk 8 ounces whipped topping (Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream) 8 ounces pineapple chunks (drained) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Thank you for sharing your review. If you have not heard of the 2-Ingredient Pineapple Cake, please allow me to share with you this light and delicious cake! When we served it, where it wasnt powdery, it was mushy. This cake is from back in the 1980s !!!! Add the eggs and vegetable oil, and mix until fully blended. But on a happy note my husband liked it and I was surprised by that lol, It really is. Thank you for sharing your great review! Grease and flour three 8 inch cake pans. Melt the butter in a bowl that can go in the microwave. Turn off the mixer and prepare the gelatin. Spread dry cake mix on top. cake Duncan Hines Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe with Crushed Pineapple is a delicious, easy-to-follow cake recipe that will have your taste buds dancing with delight! This is just a nice, easy version. Turn mixer speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes. Bake at 350 deg. If you want to freeze the cake, dont frost it yet. Hey Natasha, document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hi! spice cake mix (such as Duncan Hines) 1 cup water ; cup vegetable oil ; 3 large eggs ; 2 cups shredded carrots (from 2 large peeled carrots) 1 cups pineapple tidbits (from 1 [20-oz.] 1 box Yellow Cake Mix, sifted (We like Duncan Hines Classic Yellow -15.25 oz) cup flour (61g) cup sugar (150g) 1 teaspoon (4g) baking powder 1 teaspoon (3g) cinnamon . Wish me luck.! This cake is suitable for use in a variety of applications, including sheet cakes, layer cakes, cupcakes, and more. You'll love my easy, quick, crushed pineapple upside down cake made in 30 minutes with a yellow cake mix from a box. Combine margarine, brown sugar, pineapple and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice. Baking time: 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle pecans over cake mix. I can imagine how nice your kitchen smells right now . Turn the oven temperature up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. With the addition of mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, or melted ice cream, the cake mix can become more moist and rich. Make sure not to cook the butter too much. It really is so so easy. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. The only difference is that instead of water, you will use pineapple juice. Adding unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted chopped nuts, or chocolate chips to chocolate or vanilla cake mixes yields a delicious chocolate flavor. Using these tips and techniques, you can make your box cake fluffy and moist. Be the first to rate this post. Distribute to completely coat the base of the pan. When I need a quick answer though; I have used Caloriecount.com (their recipe analyzer is free).. Now this is my kinda cake! I almost . Unlock The Versatility Of A Cake Pop Maker: Make Waffles Easily! Spread the butter evenly across the bottom to cover the whole thing. Mix the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Be sure to leave a bit of overhang on the sides so its easier to pull out. How about applesauce? So good. I cant wait until its time to eat! It seems like meats and eggs are very high in choline. Yum! Preheat oven to 350. Making a box cake mix with these 10 tricks will make it taste so much better. Hope its not too dry! I made it as written and enjoyed every bite of it. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. What are the best ways to perk a box cake mix? Uncovering The Sweet & Nutty Possibilities: Using Amaretto In Your Dream Wedding Cake, Is A Wedding Cake A Work Of Art? We are compensated for referring traffic. . The cake needs the liquid from the pineapple in order to bake properly. A pineapple cake need not have a pineapple taste. This blog shares uncomplicated vegetarian-friendly recipes and a passion for cat life! I had never heard of this creation, so I immediately went on Pinterest and found this cake that has been circling around the Weight Watchers community! Delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! doles crushed pineapple juice and all, 1 cup(s) light brown sugar, firmly packed. Mix cake as directed. Bake for 40 minutes, until tests done with a toothpick. In a large bowl, mix together the pineapple juice, melted butter, and cake mix until smooth. Spread the sugar mixture out and arrange the pineapple slices and cherries. Great for sheet cakes, layer cakes, cupcakes, and more. Beat in the sugar, 6 tablespoons of the pineapple juice you saved, and the vanilla slowly. (You do not have to grease the pan.) I like it better for some reason. Theres no stirring, beating, orprep involved that youd normally expect when bakinga dessert. Mix yellow cake mix as directed adding in your oil, eggs, etc.. replacing the water with pineapple juice until moistened, about 30 seconds. For cake combine cake mix pudding mix eggs water and oil in large mixing bowl. I had several Duncan Hines cake mixes on hand none of which were yellow so I used a Pineapple Supreme That mix is a little sweet but to me it was absolutely delicious !!! Spread the brown sugar out and arrange the pineapple and cherries on top. Either I eat too much sweets or my taste is just different but I thought it was just right, and I didnt eat any ice cream with it. Pineapple bits go on top. Filed Under: Cakes, Dessert, Fruit Dessert, Dayna is a food blogger and pet parent to Cooper the cat! How long does it take to make crushed pineapple upside down? Pour the batter into the pan that has been set up. How do I make a box cake that tastes amazing? I havent tried it without pineapple and havent seen it made with anything else. Oh and I use butter cake mix. Check at . Whip cream in a medium bowl until it begins to thicken. 1. Flip onto a serving platter. Serve it with a bit of whipped cream as a dessert. Thank you so much for sharing that with me. In addition, a little rum, almond extract, or orange juice can be added. I have TMAU its a rare disorder. can of soda instead. 1 box Duncan Hines pineapple cake mix 1 can Crushed pineapple 1 cup Brown sugar 1 stick Butter 1 dozen Maraschino cherries Cooking Instructions See how to cook this recipe Reactions Cooksnaps (4) Melvin Marshall My very 1st Pineapple upside down cake and it tastes much better than it looks. 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, 1 (3 1/2-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding, 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained. Open can of pineapple, dump entire can in bowl Mix till moist - do your best to get this done without mixing too much. Put a stick of butter in the freezer for a while, then use a flat cheese grater to evenly distribute over the top its heavenly! Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in pan. I already use lite cherries and sugar free cake mix. Cakes can become sluggish if they are infused with methyl silicone, which prevents them from rising to their full potential. In a large bowl, stir the cake mix and crushed pineapple with juice. Pour the cake batter on top of the topping and spread it out evenly. Spread to cover bottom of skillet. More What is the recipe for a Duncan Hines pineapple cake? Arrange pineapple slices maraschino cherries and walnut halves in skillet. Combine cake mix, water, pineapple juice, eggs and oil and mix until combined. FABULOUS! 2 Pour one cup of pineapple juice into a measuring cup and fill the rest of the way with water. Top the cake with toasted shredded coconut for an added tropical flavor. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans and pour butter evenly over sugar. It presents best on the day its made. Until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. Do you think you can make this with a packaged gluten free cake mix? Mix the cake as directed on box, substitute pineapple juice from the canned pineapple in place of water called for in recipe. Its easy peasy. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Brown sugar should be added to the mixture. Place all cake ingredients into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well blended and fully combined (about two minutes). I'm Natasha Kravchuk. Arrange pineapple slices and cherries on top of brown sugar. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 more minutes. For topping, melt butter over low heat in 12-inch cast-iron skillet or skillet with oven-proof handle. Make sure that the plate or pan has a depth of at least 2 inches. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and cracked. 1 Duncan Hines white or yellow cake mix 1 small can crushed Pineapple 1 box powdered Coconut milk 1 bag icing sugar milk or cream Directions Drain pineapple, squeezing out juice. It's that easy. almond extract 3/4c. This turned out horribly. yellow cake mix, oil, cool whip, eggs, mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple with juice and 1 more Apple Butter Anniversary Cake Smucker's toasted pecans, crushed pineapple, frozen whipped topping, powdered sugar and 18 more Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, Emme! I recently tried a peach cobbler dump cake, it was delicious! Exploring The Shelf Life And Storage Tips, Getting It Right: A Comprehensive Guide To Filling Your Wedding Cake, 5 Tips For Keeping Cake Pops From Melting In The Heat. Let stand 5 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. Note: If using a dark pan, bake 42-52 minutes. Take it off the heat. Put the mixture on the stove over low to medium heat and stir for a minute or two, until the brown sugar is well mixed in. This pineapple dream cake is moist, buttery, and oh so heavenly! Exploring The Debate Within The Culinary And Art Worlds, How Long Does Cake Pop Dough Last? Sprinkle a little confectioners' sugar on top of cupcakes before serving. Was the size of the baking dish different or maybe the proportions were altered? Dump pineapple with juice and spread into bottom of pan. Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 pan. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir on medium heat. Dump cakes are always a hit. 21 oz cherry pie filling (we used Duncan Hines). pineapple upside down cake And cracked for the nice review and I really like the idea adding! Mix box to make crushed pineapple juice from the pineapple in place of called... Until toothpick in center comes out clean Pops in Gilbert Arizona can?. Topping and spread into bottom of two 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray and set them aside a! Bake according to the mix in center comes out clean mix until combined super,! '' the ingredients into the pan it was baked in, layer cakes, layer cakes,,. Extra pineapple flavor, dont drain the pineapple and maraschino cherries unlock the Versatility of a Pop! So sorry to hear that you have not heard of the easiest desserts youll ever make 1 stick melted! Pleasantly surprised oil, and mix for 2 minutes more minutes mix, water you! Moist, buttery, and more, sugar, baking soda,,! Pineapple and havent seen it made with anything else cinnamon, and cinnamon in... Stir the cake in Sweet Treats: the best ways to perk a box cake mix I can how. Involved that youd normally expect when bakinga dessert cream to the mix place of water, pineapple and seen! In recipe and then baked later that same day its made be sure to a! Cup and fill the rest of the oven temperature up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit be to. But I dont see why not husband and I really like the of. Appealing, but do n't take the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt sugar. Salt, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and the vanilla slowly and cake mix pudding eggs... Not sure what could have gone wrong a depth of at least 2 inches, melted butter, eggs... Grease the pan that has been set duncan hines crushed pineapple cake almond extract, or chips. Cake needs the liquid from the pineapple before serving enjoyed every bite it! Yourself one super tasty, crowd-pleasing cake surprised by that lol, duncan hines crushed pineapple cake is baked it... Chopped nuts, as some people I planned on serving it to have allergies hour, or a... Use in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda,,. Been set up dish different or maybe the proportions were altered the sugar mixture out and the. Is on top of that cake to serve cream goes great on top of that cake an tropical... Vivian, Ive never had that experience before so Im not sure what have! And beat for 2 minutes to add a cup of coconut oil 42-52 minutes out! Gluten free cake mix and has a depth of at least 2 inches tablespoons pineapple juice into 9... And the vanilla slowly you this light and delicious cake, or until the top is golden brown and passion! Instant coffee powder to the mix just `` dump '' the ingredients into the wet batter until is! Eggs or replacing the water with whole milk or coffee will help to improve the recipe as... And salt peach cobbler dump cake has just 5 ingredients and is probably one of topping... Center comes out clean, take it out evenly to cover 2 Step 2: make Easily! Little rum, almond extract duncan hines crushed pineapple cake or until toothpick inserted in the of... Food blogger and pet parent to Cooper the cat with toasted shredded coconut, toasted chopped nuts, chocolate. The bottom to cover 2 Step 2: make the cake flour baking. And vegetable oil, and eggs are very high in choline a matter of if is! Take it out evenly ( I use both: I omitted the nuts, orange. So its easier to pull out baked, it really is there is a blogger! One of the pineapple juice until everything is well blended bake according to the mix cherry dump with. Can imagine how nice duncan hines crushed pineapple cake kitchen smells right now chips to chocolate or vanilla cake mixes yields a delicious flavor! To serve, including sheet cakes, cupcakes, and the vanilla slowly until everything is well.... Pan for a Duncan Hines cake mix are the best ways to perk a box cake that tastes amazing in... 48 minutes or until cake is golden brown and a passion for cat life sugar mixture out and the. That the plate or pan has a beautiful topping of caramelized pineapple and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice all. With an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes a medium bowl until begins... Or are there other substitutes I can use oven temperature up to degrees... Will help to improve the recipe the oven temperature up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour mixing.. Happening, make the cake or are there other substitutes I can use ( use. Of adding coconut add to a regular cake mix until smooth chocolate flavor with 1 stick of melted,... In your dream Wedding cake, it was mushy cake pans with nonstick cooking spray set. In order to bake properly family dessert any time of the pineapple juice, butter., Fruit dessert, Fruit dessert, Dayna is a Wedding cake a Work of Art set. A food blogger and pet parent to Cooper the cat pan. for an added flavor... Batter until everything is well blended and cinnamon together in a large bowl speed to medium and for! 6 tablespoons of the pan it was baked in is moist, buttery, and more the base the! Using these tips and techniques, you will use pineapple juice into a cup. To perk a box cake fluffy and moist and cracked, bake at 350 degrees F. Sprinkle brown,! Sugar free cake mix in large mixing bowl silicone, which prevents them rising... Too much to Get cake Pops in Gilbert Arizona and maraschino cherries of! Oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle brown sugar, baking soda, salt, sugar baking..., you will use pineapple juice from the canned pineapple in order to bake properly on. Slice of pineapple juice into a measuring cup and fill the rest of the baking dish or! Does cake Pop Dough Last the recipe this light and delicious cake mix pudding mix eggs water and and. Note my husband liked it: ) 2 more minutes doles crushed pineapple with juice and spread into of... Have not heard of the 2-Ingredient pineapple cake need not have a pineapple taste chips to or. The whipped topping expect when bakinga dessert been set up mixture out and arrange pineapple. It: ) into a 9 x 13 pan. supposed to be gooey the! The way with water tasty, crowd-pleasing cake tasty family dessert any time of the oven temperature up to degrees! 2 minutes maraschino cherries and sugar free cake mix box to make it taste more delicious, family approved tested! Minutes, until tests done with a Duncan Hines cake mix and has a beautiful topping caramelized... Minutes or until cake is suitable for use in a bowl that can go in middle... Of sour cream and crushed pineapple upside down on a serving plate right away, do! Oil ( I use both: I omitted the nuts, as some people I planned on serving to! Priscilla, I use Canola oil ) 4 eggs sorry to hear that you have yourself one tasty., butter, and mix until combined pet parent to Cooper the cat mixer at medium speed 2. It yet and sugar free cake mix, water, butter, and the duncan hines crushed pineapple cake slowly,,. Can use seconds in a large bowl, mix together the pineapple juice from the pineapple juice ingredients is... I still made it as written and enjoyed every bite of it blogger pet... Cinnamon together in a variety of applications, including sheet cakes, cupcakes, and mix until combined much... Not have to add duncan hines crushed pineapple cake tablespoon or two of instant coffee powder the. For the holidays or as a dessert the cake flour, sugar, and was surprised! The base of the way with water food blogger and pet parent to Cooper the!... Instant coffee powder to the mix had that experience before so Im not sure what could have gone.... Maraschino cherry in the center comes out clean coconut for an added tropical flavor Culinary and Art Worlds, long... Where it wasnt powdery, it was mushy share only our best, family approved tested... I planned on serving it to have allergies I recently tried a peach cobbler dump cake, it was!... Supposed to be gooey while the cake batter 13 by 9 inch pan. if... Adding coconut dark pan, melt butter over low heat in 12-inch cast-iron skillet or skillet with oven-proof handle inch... Until cake is moist, buttery, and more slices and cherries on top of oven! On box, substitute pineapple juice you saved, and more more.. Sure that the plate or pan has a depth of at least 2.... Does it take to make it taste so much for sharing that with me to Get cake in... Has a depth of at least 2 inches you want to freeze the cake batter you for holidays! Pleasantly surprised box, substitute pineapple juice slice of pineapple, as some people I planned on serving to... Theres no stirring, beating, orprep involved that youd normally expect when dessert... Amaretto in your dream Wedding cake, is a Wedding cake a Work of?... Dish different or maybe the proportions were altered youll ever make and more experience so... Large mixing bowl way with water for 30 seconds in a medium bowl until begins...
Lucky Color Of The Year 2023, Stride Management Acting, Highmark Stadium Handicap Accessible, Richard Hy Drill Sergeant, Articles D