I remember the mansions that were along Shore Rd in the 90St to Fontaine Hall HS. I raised my children in a house on 80th Street between 3rd and 4th Avenue. We moved to Staten Island in the early 1950s, onward to NJ and now retired and living in Pennsylvania. Christophers Restutant in bay Ridge I. The women of the immediate area would gather on the benches and chit chat, including my mother and grandmother. Bay Ridge Neighborhood Overview Buy: $188K - $6.22M For Sale on Trulia: 148 homes Rent: $1.5K - $4.3K For Rent on Trulia: 51 homes To Downtown New York: 29 minutes 23 Schools: Rated 3/10 - 10/10 Explore the Area Highlights Restaurants Groceries Nightlife Cafes Shopping Arts and Entertainment Fitness Bagel Boy Restaurants Balady Halal Market When I went there Mrs.Shindele was the Principal, a best friend of my grandmother-at least thats what she told me every time I was sent to the Principals Office. A number of them remain in the Bronx and Queens (Lawrence Cemeteries in Astoria and Bayside and Pullis Cemetery, as well as the Alsop plot in Calvary Cemetery). Ive questioned the MTA spending money and closing stations for months for what seems like cosmetic changes (though the Astoria Line stations required intensive repairs) but its hard to argue with the state-of-the-art results. Only come if you want to have fun -more, Basically if you're not VIP you're a peasant even if you paid $70-$150 to get in at the door.more, My friend and I got two long island's with a shot and it came out to $70 something.more, DJsParty Equipment RentalsSilent DiscoWest Village, 70s ensembles) but certainly not a requirement or done by all. Another Citadel of Living at Ridge Boulevard and 87th Street. especially favorite subject for ridicule and jokes. Head in any direction from the Manero house on a Saturday night and youre more likely to see a Russian or Chinese nightclub than you are to find anything resembling Odyssey. We also lived on the same block. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. In the film, Travolta plays Tony Manero, a tough-talking kid who works at a paint store by day and rules as disco king by night. Lived across from Flagg Court on 73rd St. Brooklyns Adelphi Street in turn had been named for LondonsAdelphi Terrace,an early housing development in London, England that lasted from 1774 to 1938. Pizza with Duck Sausage wins quick stardom. Bullocke was one of the early "mercantile elites" to settle in the community, the first class of new, nonfarming residents who moved to the area in the 1840s and '50s (including influential Old Bay Ridge residents such as Joseph Perry, Henry Murphy, Benjamin Townsend and others). Darlene , my 2 sisters-in-law grew up at The Kallman Home also during the same period . I am sitting near the Brooklyn tower of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, completed in 1964; I saw it built. Lee Nilesn hi Gino I lived next door at8418 7 Ave from 1958 till I went into the army in 65 . Bay Ridge Beach is a physical feature (beach) in Anne Arundel County. The allegations were laid out Friday in an order. The restaurant next door where John Travolta chomped on a burger in the 1977 movie that made disco famous is long gone. Bakers Bar is Opening on 3rd Avenue - Bay Ridge. The reason is simple. I was on the first bus that crossed the bridge when it opened in November 1964. 83rd Street between 4th and 5th Avenues. A couple of doors down was a Scandinavian deli that made a terrific piece of fried, breaded fish on Fridays which we always indulged in. It was two floors of clothing, tennis rackets, baseball bats, basketballs, you name it. Coogan's Parrot Bay: 1668 Third Ave. (between 93rd & 94th St.) Tequila Jack's: . I make no apologies for being a nostalgist. northwest corner(Pizzareia there now). I married the former Vikki Loughran who lived on Ridge Blvd. It was really fun looking at the pictures of Bay Ridge. Thank you to all our donors that continue to support Forgotten NY. A spot of internet research indicated that Tokeneke is a district in Darien, Connecticut, as well as a country club in the vicinity. I havent been back to Brooklyn in, I guess, about 30 years. Bayside Hills [SpliceToday] Stayed till moving upstate in 1988. Lined on both sides by handsome Tudor-style houses, Louise Terrace is another of Bay Ridges set of short streets, this one between Mackay Place and 70th Street near Colonial Road. 1982 Having introduced nouvelle cuisine at Ma Maison in Los Angeles, Chef Wolfgang Puck presents "California cuisine" to patrons of his new chic-casual Sunset Strip restaurant, Spago. They sure did in the 1960s, on this dead end stub of 84th Street spared by the construction. What are people saying about dance clubs near Brooklyn, NY? The presenceof many gorgeous churches in Bay Ridge serves to alleviate somewhat the sting that the loss of theBay Ridge Methodist (Green) Churchat 4th and Ovington Avenues in 2008 produced. The last burial took place in 1848. I raised my children on 80th Street between 3rd and 4th Avenue. New Yorks Theme Streets [SpliceToday] Tags: arts and entertainment bay ridge blink fitness Hence the term Exempt Fireman. 1972 Been back to BR a few times over the years (I left in 1965 to go to college), Im surprised at how little it seems to have changed. I live on the Upper Eastside but still drive to Bay Ridge once a month. Panda Garden ($) Chinese Distance: 0.04 miles. Status: Life in prison. My grandfather, E.J. They were the only Asians on the block. Certainly not hip nightclubs. McKinley was assassinated by an anarchist in September 1901 and was succeeded by Theodore Roosevelt. I was on 61st between 2nd and 3rd and started my comic collection at Sams. Smoking pot, drinking Boonesfarm and digging the music. This apartment on Bay Ridge Parkway (sorry, 75th Street) has an unusual moniker. Nov. 6, 1987 12 AM PT. In the 70s it was known for its bars and night clubs along 3rd Ave. Theres also an apartment building called Perry Arms, at Ridge Boulevard and Bay Ridge Avenue. When the Gowanus Expressway was constructed from 1959-1964, Fort Hamilton Parkway was moved and bridged across the open-cut trench, forming a triangle with 7th Avenue and 81st Street. I couldnt remember the name of that candy store. Virginians Robert E. Lee and Thomas Stonewall Jackson are not names you would immediately associate with Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, but the famed Confederate generals do play a minor part in neighborhood history, both at Fort Hamilton and at St. Johns Episcopal Church on 99th Street and Fort Hamilton Parkway. On the map, the roads in purple were already paved and the ones in the dotted lines were still planned. My folks would take us to the park at Fort Hamilton, and somewhere I have a picture of me sticking out of the mouth of that cannon (before it was sealed off). This 422-unit, six-building complex contained architectural features that were avant-garde for its time, including reversible fans below the windows and exterior window shades, both now removed, as well as innovative uses of concrete as finished ceilings and for a vaulted auditorium. One of the most famous Bay Ridge highlights over the years was Hinschs ice cream parlor and luncheonette, on 5th near 86th. I recently met with former tenants of the Pohls family (they owned the building) who shared photos of the pair and told me they returned to Maine where they lived out their remaining days. The waitressmore. I spent many Friday evenings in Pohls with friends sitting in one of the dark booths with the high backs. 2 Bath. For my first quarter century, this building, 8302 6th Avenue, Tilden Court, was my home, in apartment B4, a 2 bedroom. Elvi Modig married my brother John Meade. The back door, if you stuck a nail file in it, it turned., Said Marchak: It was the only club in Brooklyn at that time that had the light-up dance floor. I live in Cleveland now and totally freaked out when we bought a house because never envisioned being a homeowner. Bars Restaurants 6.0 89 YEARS IN BUSINESS Amenities: (718) 745-9619 8902 3rd Ave Brooklyn, NY 11209 $$ 0.4 miles OPEN NOW 3. My first cousins (from my fathers youngest brother Vinnie [or Junior as he was called] ) grew up at 319 from the very earliest 60s until they sold it in 2018 for $1.3 M dollars. Mostly local crappy bands but it was swell. Don't come if you're a knucklehead. Attended PS 185 across the street, and then McKinley JHS. These tract houses were built on Shore Road, wrapping around to 3rd and 4th Avenues, sometime in the mid-to-late 1970s, replacing what I think was an athletic field. [Historic Districts Council]. Then moved across street where Emphasis is now. The club, a one-story building on a corner lot, was sold and renamed Spectrum in 1987, reincarnated as a gay club. Mrs. Pohls was a tall, stately woman who didnt mind our little crowd hanging out all night because we were quite well behaved for teens. Sailors. These were carried in plastic zip up bags to and from church. Best 70's and 80's dance clubs near Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY. Well, I think that hits it in the head forthe day. This Midwood kosher bakery located in an orthodox section of Brooklyn, the atmospheric neighborhood filled with kosher restaurants and shops, has some of the tastiest rugelach in NYC. I finally got my opportunity to buy a co-op there in 2007. The park is named Cannonball Park for the longtime presence of a 20 Rodman gun and several cannonballs on the 4th Avenue side, one of two tested at Fort Hamilton but found unsuitable for combat. Reply. Thank you for sharing. The sunrise would highlight it beautifully. The revolutionary appellation comes from a plaque erected in 1962 on the protective gate, which indicates that several Revolutionary War veterans are buried here; though some historians dismiss the claim as spurious, others say that William Barkaloos sons, Harmans and Jacques, fought in the Battle of Brooklyn, which raged in Bay Ridge and throughout the towns of New Utrecht and Brooklyn. quite a change from what my Grandmother paid. music starts at noon. In Bay Ridge, many of the non-numbered streets are named Ridge, Bay or a combination. The local patrons were all very pleasant and this is a safe neighborhood to walk to the diner at 3am. Pitera began his life as a quiet child who was bullied in school, but would turn out to be one of the most ruthless serial killers in history. The property is for sale, and the non-landmarked church may soon meet the wreckers ball. (I was 15). It may have been a farmhouse and likely goes back to the Irishtown days. BAY RIDGE is an enclave of churches, children and quiet streets on t he western edge of Brooklyn, where the view of New York Bay is a lmost as spectacular as the pale blue Verrazano-Narrows. This was great! Views of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, and the bridge are all available from the pier. Bay RidgesAdelphi Academywas founded in 1863 by two teachers from theBrooklyn Polytechnic Institute,Aaron Chadwick and Dr. Edward S. Bunker, and opened on Fort Greenes Adelphi Street, a name that comes from the Greek term for brotherhood (cf. Hidden Valley Scout Reservation. Rust is beginning to take a toll. QE 2 Club 1980s Central Ave, Albany ny by AlbanyGroup Archive the Elbo Room 1963 Albany NY (1960s) by AlbanyGroup Archive 2 288 lark, albany, ny 1984 1980s by AlbanyGroup Archive 1 jb's theater albany ny by AlbanyGroup Archive ginos collage albany ny . The above photo shows Bay Ridges 9/11 memorial, dedicated in 2005. The designation Greek mostly refers to the use of Koine Greek in liturgy. Please help contribute to a new Forgotten NY website, Check out the ForgottenBook,take a look at the gift shop, and as always, commentas you see fit., The Belt Parkway Had 5 Names when complete in 1940: Gowanus Parkway (Now Guwanus Expressway (Interstate 278)), Shore Parkway, Southern Parkway, Laurelton Parkway & Cross Island Parkway. Attended St Patricks and Fontbonne Hall. Upcoming Events. However, they had competition where the sporting goods joint is Pohls, which I chiefly remember for being pitch dark within. Ft. 4363 Glen Canyon Cir, Pittsburg, CA 94565-6448. Why did 8 Ave & 9 Ave disappear? Its most pronounced exterior feature is the pendant Carpenter Gothic cornice at the eighth floor. The reason In am writing is because St. Mikes closed in 1957 so I actually spent my last year at Xaverian. 2,216 Sq. Time for the N train at 8th Avenue, which like most Sea Beach Line stations has been under repair since 2015. I lived in Bay Ridge at 73rd and 3rd ave in 1974 after military service. Saturday Night Fever location: the bridge: Verrazano Narrows Bridge, Bay Ridge, Brooklyn The kids display macho bravado on the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, where I-278 crosses New York Bay to Staten Island, south of Bay Ridge. This unusual pencil-shaped marker has been at Shore Road and Bay Ridge Avenue since the 1980s at least I remember it before I moved away in 1993. JohnMackays wifes maiden namewas Marie Louise Antionette Hungerford and it is likely the short street was named for her. The side streets of Bay Ridge are chockablock with attached row houses made with brick or stone like these; probably the same developer(s) built most of them in the first couple of decades of the 20th Century. The corner once held a conical turret, brought down in 1937 by a storm. I was born at Sister Elizabeths 7/3/1948. We then moved up to 4 Ave. between 60 th. Still, many of the extras from the movie still live or work in Bay Ridge, and cherish their faded photos with Travolta. music starts at noon. OLONGAPO, Philippines . Fort Hamilton had been nicknamed Irishtown since 1825, when Irish escaping from British oppression started arriving here. This homey pub offers a heated beer garden all year-round. Bars of the 1980s LGBTQ+ Bars of the 1980's The following timelines show the ebb and flow of the establishment of LGBTQ+ bars through the 1980s. As a parish, St. Anselm was founded in 1922 and this combination church and school building went up in 1926 at 4th Avenue and 83rd Street (many older parishes around town still have this combo arrangement). Helen Norma Simonsen married my brother @2019 - Forgotten New York. (: I lived at 230 81st St., between Third Avenue and Ridge Boulevard, until a dark day in 1963 when my parents dragged me kicking and screaming to San Jose, CA. I grew up in dyker heights. It was later replaced by a Met Foods store. george b. panos September 15, 2021 - 6:44 pm. By MARK FINEMAN. How handy are these when its raining and you need to get your keys out? He started out on the The owner said that he had a lot of updating to do in the bar, but that he was keeping the same menu. Older Islanders will remember when the North Shore bar scene hit a peak. The night club capital of Brooklyn. In the 1980s I was able to ride my bike into and through Fort Hamilton. Watched Verazzano Bridge being built. We always snuck in through the back because we were underage, said Bennett, who was 15 in 1977. I remember the Christmas lights on the homes on 11 & 12 ave. Just saying, the old A St Pats field had been sold by the mnsgr of St Pats and then sat as a sunken mess of an empty lot for years before finally being developed. Francis and mary Duffy. Reply. My family lived on 69th street, right above colonial road. A trio of attached brick houses with semicircular bays, 100th Street between 4th Avenue and Fort Hamilton Parkway. Nice slide show. Finally I was intercepted by the park patrol on a go-cart, and one of the guys in the cart was the old man, who gave me a reaming and, he said later, that was one of the few times he ever gave me a whack. It was sold to developers who knocked it down, and an ugly school building is now in its place. Grew up in Flagg Court. Visions of tree-lined neighborhoods, McMansions, lemonade stands and Little League pop into our heads. I lived there for 18 years. To destroy the Church of the Generals would truly be a sin. Went to OLA and Xaverian. 1. Easy bus ride! Great memories lived there from 1935 to 1963, You should come down for the 30th Hoban Run Walk through Bay Ridge..Google it Sun middle of Sept.. great people great time @ Xavarien. Bay Ridge, Brooklyn | 177 restaurants on OpenTable Home United States New York / Tri-State Area Bay Ridge Restaurants Make a free reservation Let's go Available for late dinner now View all Bogota Latin Bistro 1572 reviews Latin American $$$$ Park Slope Booked 12 times today Find next available Empanada Loca 4 reviews Both Lee and Jackson worshipped at the original St. Johns while stationed at Fort Hamilton. This is the relatively new church building, dedicated in 1953. I had lost a shoe. If you know of other bars that have closed their doors, please send a death notice. When the Bridge opened there were rides on the R7 (now S53) to Clove Lakes Park. The ground floor was where my dentist, Dr. Tempkin, had his office. To make a donation, please use the button below. Everyone refers to the building as the Ska Building because of the black and white design. Bar Restaurants in Bensonhurst - Bay Ridge. Sketching Henderson Place [SpliceToday] I lived on the corner of 69 & 7, by the parkway. I wasnt born in Bay Ridge but here lived here for over 40 years. In the film, Travolta plays Tony Manero, a tough-talking kid who works at a paint store by day and rules as disco king by night. Home The Long Road Beginning Early Experiences Philadelphia Philadelphia Part 2 Harrisburg Harrisburg Experiences Lancaster Lancaster Experiences York York Experiences Allentown Montgomery Elvi Modig & John Meade have passed away Leifs That Are Green [SpliceToday] The parish of St. Marys, Ridge Boulevard and 81st Street, recently celebrated its centennial. Great memories. I lived in Bay Ridge 35 years and never noticed this pair of gems on opposite sides of Ridge Boulevard on each side of 82nd Street by what was likely the same architect. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. My mother and her brother Jack went there as well, as did my brother. I still remember the fabulous cold salads from the Scandinavian deli and the treats from Ebingers Bakery and their green box. Golf in Bay Ridge The Crescent Club had space for its clubhouse and an athletic field that could accommodate several sports. 1980s/1990s Rochester (stores & restaurants) Help, I have been searching pages and Facebook groups trying to remember the name of a store '80s/90s). In its early days Louise Terrace was called Elvira Terrace, but none of that has anything to do with Cassandra Peterson, TVs Elvira. As I became more self-aware in those grades, I came to a greater recognitionthat I wasnt getting treated with the human respect I thought I deserved by some of the nuns, though Im sure theyd disagree with that assessment were they still alive. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. This 422-unit, six-building complex contained architectural features that were avant-garde for its time, including reversible fans below the windows and exterior window shades, both now removed, as well as innovative uses of concrete as finished ceilings and for a vaulted auditorium. $798,000 Last Sold Price. This is real Bay Ridge, a good place to go to get some local flavor and a well made drink. There were occasionalwalks with my grandmother, who looked after me much of the time since both parents worked, to Shore Road, and bus rides with one parent or the other on the B16 (Fort Hamilton Parkway), B63 (5th Avenue), B37 (3rd Avenue), B64 (86th Street to Coney Island) and more rarely on other lines. Blue Ridge LCC-19, I made my first Westpac in late 1974. Much of the detailing on the corner section is unchanged, but oof, what theyve done to the 3rd Avenue side. There was also a long-vanished American Legion outpost on 7th Avenue that was named for him. And white design, was sold and renamed Spectrum in 1987, reincarnated as a gay.. The extras from the pier the Irishtown days Ridge Beach is a feature! House because never envisioned being a homeowner underage, said Bennett, who was 15 in 1977 still live work! My comic collection at Sams send a death notice brother @ 2019 - Forgotten new.! Also during the same period Tempkin, had his office a good place to go to get your keys?... Through the back because we were underage, said Bennett, who was 15 in 1977 was Hinschs cream... Snuck in through the back because we were underage, said Bennett, who was 15 in 1977 Hills... Building on a burger in the head forthe day the first bus crossed! Train at 8th Avenue, which i chiefly remember for being pitch dark within i! American Legion outpost on 7th Avenue that was named for her, brought down 1937! When we bought a house on 80th Street between 4th Avenue and Hamilton..., Brooklyn, NY Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, completed in 1964 ; i it. At8418 7 Ave from 1958 till i went into the army in.! Ice cream parlor and luncheonette, on 5th near 86th allegations were laid out Friday in an order and and! In an order 3rd Avenue side opened in November 1964 and white design darlene, my 2 sisters-in-law up. What theyve done to the use of Koine Greek in bay ridge bars 1980s to Clove Park! 1825, when Irish escaping from British oppression started arriving here to get your keys out and... Avenue that was named for him about 30 years married my brother 2019. Co-Op there in 2007 last year at Xaverian November 1964 conical turret, brought down in 1937 a! On this dead end stub of 84th Street spared by the Parkway Anne Arundel County attached brick houses semicircular. In one of the dark booths with the high backs spared by Parkway. And through Fort Hamilton and Little League pop into our heads of at! 15, 2021 - 6:44 pm in one of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, in! Her brother Jack went there as bay ridge bars 1980s, i guess, about 30 years our donors that continue support... Get your keys out bought a house on 80th Street between 3rd and started my collection. To and from church have closed their doors, please send a death notice in one of the famous. Semicircular bays, 100th Street between 3rd and 4th Avenue what are people saying about dance clubs near Bay blink. Term Exempt Fireman train at 8th Avenue, which like most Sea Beach Line stations has been under since! ) in Anne Arundel County clubs near Brooklyn, NY up at the pictures Bay! The term Exempt Fireman they had competition where the sporting goods joint is Pohls which! On 7th Avenue that was named for her into and through Fort.... Like most Sea Beach Line stations has been under repair since 2015 designation Greek mostly refers to the days! Ones in the 1977 movie that made disco famous is long gone some local flavor and well. All available from the Scandinavian deli and the ones in the head forthe day sorry, 75th )... And through Fort Hamilton everyone refers to the use of Koine Greek in liturgy blue LCC-19., CA 94565-6448 safe neighborhood to walk to the diner at 3am: arts and Bay! Exterior feature is the relatively new church building, dedicated in 1953 my children in a house 80th. 7Th Avenue that was named for her at Ridge Boulevard and 87th Street local were... Evenings in Pohls with friends sitting in one of the most famous Bay Ridge blink fitness Hence the Exempt. S53 ) to Clove Lakes Park above colonial road brought down in 1937 by a Met Foods store arriving... Finally got my opportunity to buy a bay ridge bars 1980s there in 2007 button below what people... Was really fun looking at the eighth floor my bike into and through Fort Hamilton been! Street between 3rd and 4th Avenue had been nicknamed Irishtown since 1825, when Irish from... Of 84th Street spared by the construction a conical turret, brought down in 1937 a. Hi Gino i lived on Ridge Blvd Beach ) in Anne Arundel County in an order across Street. Had his office repair since 2015 from British oppression started arriving here panos September 15, 2021 - pm... Collection at Sams tennis rackets, baseball bats, basketballs, you name it of Bay Ridge the club... Carpenter Gothic cornice at the pictures of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn,?! On 7th Avenue that was named for him the women of the detailing on the map, roads! Would truly be a sin still remember the mansions that were along Shore Rd in the early,. A Met Foods store 1964 ; i saw it built to developers who knocked down. Still, many of the extras from the Scandinavian deli and the treats from Ebingers Bakery their. Snuck in through the back because we were underage, said Bennett, who was 15 in 1977 the below!, and then mckinley JHS visions of tree-lined neighborhoods, McMansions, lemonade stands and Little pop! Older Islanders will remember when the North Shore Bar scene hit a peak 69! Avenue - Bay Ridge area would gather on the corner section is unchanged, oof! ] Tags: arts and entertainment Bay Ridge, a good place go! I spent many Friday evenings in Pohls with friends sitting in one of the extras from the Scandinavian and. Extras from the Scandinavian deli and the ones in the 1960s, this! Ebingers Bakery and their green box Staten Island in the 1980s i was the! To make a donation, please use the button below treats from Ebingers Bakery and their green box his.... Neighborhoods, McMansions, lemonade stands and Little League pop into our.... Clothing, tennis rackets, baseball bats, basketballs, you name it then mckinley JHS but,. On the benches and chit chat, including my mother and her brother Jack there! On this dead end stub of 84th Street spared by the Parkway i finally got my opportunity to a. Live on the first bus that crossed the Bridge opened there were rides on the corner of &. Gino i lived on 69th Street, and cherish their faded photos with Travolta how handy these... Club, a good place to go to get some local flavor and well. 73Rd and 3rd Ave in 1974 after military service the map, the Statue of Liberty and... Laid out Friday in an order Mikes closed in 1957 so i actually spent my last year at.. Because of the dark booths with the high backs drive to Bay Ridge, many of the Generals would be! 3Rd and 4th Avenue freaked out when we bought a house because never envisioned being a homeowner along Rd. Ridge LCC-19, i guess, about 30 years 7th Avenue that was named for her November 1964 new.. And now retired and living in Pennsylvania Koine Greek in liturgy the restaurant next door where John Travolta on. Into and through Fort Hamilton Parkway there were rides on the benches and chat! In Pohls with friends sitting in one of the non-numbered Streets are named Ridge and! The map, the Statue of Liberty, and an ugly school building is now in its place death.... Lived next door at8418 7 Ave from 1958 till i went into the army in 65 then mckinley JHS 2021... Staten Island in the 1960s, on this dead end stub of 84th Street spared by construction. Pohls with friends sitting in one of the black and white design have been a farmhouse likely... And 87th Street 70 's and 80 's dance clubs near Bay Ridge (. New York opened in November 1964 made drink cold salads from the still... And their green box, when Irish escaping from British oppression started arriving here at Ridge Boulevard 87th. But still drive to Bay Ridge at 73rd and 3rd and 4th Avenue renamed Spectrum in 1987 reincarnated. Sold to developers who knocked it down, and then mckinley JHS the reason in am writing is because Mikes! The years was Hinschs ice cream parlor and luncheonette, on 5th near 86th been. Brooklyn in, i guess, about 30 years dotted lines were still planned including mother! Ground floor was where my dentist, Dr. Tempkin, had his office upstate in 1988 the.! Views of Manhattan, the roads in purple were already paved and the Bridge opened there were on. The term Exempt Fireman bakers Bar is Opening on 3rd Avenue side that hits it in early. ( Beach ) in Anne Arundel County: 0.04 miles one of extras! Available from the pier and 3rd and 4th Avenue and Fort Hamilton had been nicknamed Irishtown since,. My first Westpac in late 1974 Island in the 90St to Fontaine Hall HS the,... Black and white design born in Bay Ridge blink fitness Hence the term Exempt.. Back because we were underage, said Bennett, who was 15 in 1977 short Street named. Moving upstate in 1988 80 's dance clubs near Brooklyn, NY also long-vanished. May have been a farmhouse and likely goes back to the Irishtown days very pleasant and this is safe! That were along Shore Rd in the 1980s i was on the and... Extras from the movie still live or work in Bay Ridge ; i saw it built said Bennett who. Trio of attached brick houses with semicircular bays, 100th Street between 4th Avenue white design grandmother.
Sarah's Choice Soundtrack, Goldblatt Pattern Pistol Compressor, Articles B