Note how the lap belt is sitting low and flat across the childs hips, touching the tops of the thighs and the shoulder belt is positioned evenly across the collarbone. Car Seats for the Littles is a participant in: Car Seats for the Littles is a service mark registered in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. It's a booster! This booster allows the top of the lap belt to sit just slightly below the childs belly button. I love this car seat, it was a great purchase! The Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat is an extended-use car seat with superior comfort and convenience features which will please parents and children alike. All rights reserved. You must read your carseat and vehicle owner's manual and understand any relevant state laws. Focus on finding a seat that fits your child, fits your vehicle, and can be used properly 100% of the time, one stage at a time. For this post, Im using the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite: As the name Alpha Omega suggests, this seat is marketed as the only one youll ever need, its three car seats in one! 2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC. We have been unable to transport it from one car to another and had to buy another car seat. Cosco Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat (Discontinued by Manufacturer) by Cosco. Related searches. Rear facing, it is rated for infants up to 40 lbs., as a convertible with five-point . Page twelve of the instruction manual states for the rear facing position, harness guide must be even with or just below the shoulders. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Graco Nautilis Elite 3 in 1 booster car seat. This seat is suitable for children between 5 and 35 pounds. We recommend registering your car seat as well and carefully following installation instructions to avoid compromising the safety of the seat. Your manufacture date is March 30, 2010, which means your carseat expires after 8 years. Please Support Car-Seat.Org with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! Britax tells users to find the date of manufacture by using the serial number and instruction manual and then provides expiration dates based on when different types of seats were made. So it makes sense to wonder: When baby #2 comes along, can you reuse your old car seat? Difficult to remove cover broken arm rests. This car seat can support 22 pounds, all the way up to 100 pounds! The Alpha Omega Elite car seat is as safe and secure as any other, but it can be difficult to install. for sale. Im average height, and theres no way I could sit comfortably in front of this seat and be able to drive. Our retailers will be happy to share their knowledge and expertise with you about our full range of products and services. I LOVED the 6 year rule. I use it occasionally, so it is fine for my use. 2005-2023 Healthline Media a Red Ventures Company. Youll also find yourself adjusting the seat as your little one grows, cleaning up messes and spills as best you can, and cringing as your tiny teether chews on straps or bangs on cupholders. They expire for a number of reasons, including wear and tear, changing regulations, recalls, and the limits of manufacturer testing. Up to 20% Off - Veterans, Responders, Medical, Receive Exclusive Promotions, Offers and Product Updates, QuickFit padded headrest adjusts with harness in one easy step - never needs re-threading, 3 position recline to get a better and more comfortable fit, Removable infant support keeps smaller babies snugly positioned. The moment you decide to have kids, your life gets tricky. Easy to adjust easy to clean. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. However, the seats still dont fit young babies, and the booster function is still incorrect and could cause serious injury to a child. But thanks to Safety 1st, theres one thing thats never tricky: safety. I have had to continually depress the red button which does not depress easily or very far. Fits just fine in both vehicles 2009 Honda CR-V as well as in second row of 2010 Acura MDX. So, youll want to keep them safe while discovering their new home. Was involved in an accident and this car seat was awesome at protecting my son as an infant. Highback booster weight range: 40-100 lbs, Expiration: 10 years (seats made after Dec 2013). But when it comes down to the point, I broke my foot in a 35 mph collision and my child was unharmed. They do now offer versions with 50 and 65 pound weight limits for the forward facing harness function, and those models do have higher harness slots toaccommodatetaller kids in the harness. I would definitely purchase this seat again based on that alone. My son would not have been injured in the second accident. Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! The headrest and harness adjust with one hand, and the side impact protection provided by Air Protect technology ensures your little ones head is well protected. Safety 1st - Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat, Evenflo Symphony DLX All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, Evenflo Platinum Symphony Elite All-In-One Car Seat, Graco 4ever All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat | Amazon, Recaro Performance Sport Review: Combination Carseat to Love. These all in one carseats are fantastic mainly because they are "all in one" for growing children. I wouldn't wish this seat on my worst enemy. But we know that youd do anything to keep your sweet babe safe, and thats why its recommended that you replace your car seat once it expires. Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat Specifications To ensure the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat meets your requirements here are the specifications: Car seat weight: 19.4 pounds Car seat dimensions: 19.4 x 22.5 x 20 inches Maximum weight recommendation 100 pounds. All of this takes a toll on the fabric and parts of a car seat, so it stands to reason that the seat designed to keep your child safe wont last forever. We avoid using tertiary references. Evenflo Chase Harnessed Booster, Jubilee , 18x18.5x29.5 Inch (Pack of 1), Graco Grows4Me 4 in 1 Car Seat, Infant to Toddler Car Seat with 4 Modes, West Point, Cosco Empire All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, Extended Use All-in-One Car Seat: Rear-Facing 5-40 pounds, Forward-Facing Harness 22-50 pounds, and Belt-Positioning 40-80 pounds, Spring Petals, Baby Trend Cover Me 4 in 1 Convertible Car Seat, Vespa , 18.25 Inch (Pack of 1), Maxi-Cosi Pria All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, rear-facing, from 4-40 pounds; forward-facing to 65 pounds; and up to 100 pounds in booster mode, Blackened Pearl, Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible Car Seat (Heather Onyx Gray), KidsEmbrace 2-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat, Marvel Spider-Man, Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat, Glacier, Cosco Onlook 2-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Rear-Facing 5-40 pounds and Forward-Facing 22-40 pounds and up to 43 inches, Black Arrows, Baby Trend Trooper 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Cassis Pink, Chicco MyFit Zip Air 2-in-1 Harness + Booster Car Seat for Toddlers and Big Kids, 5-Point Harness, Belt-Positioning Booster, Zip-and-Wash Fabrics, 3D AirMesh for Breathability, Q Collection, Black, GRACO TriRide 3 in 1, 3 Modes of Use from Rear Facing to Highback Booster Car Seat, Redmond, Evenflo EveryFit 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Century Drive On 3-in-1 Car Seat All-in-One Car Seat for Kids 5-100 lb, Metro, Evenflo All4One DLX 4-In-1 Convertible Car Seat (Kingsley Black), Evenflo Platinum Symphony Elite All-in-One Car Seat, Graco Affix Highback Booster Seat with Latch System, Atomic, Disney Baby Grow and Go All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, Rear-facing 5-40 pounds, Forward-facing 22-65 pounds, and Belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds, Simply Minnie, Britax Skyline 2-Stage Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat, Dusk - Highback and Backless Seat, Britax Grow with You ClickTight Harness-2-Booster Car Seat, Cool N Dry - Cool Flow Moisture Wicking Fabric, Disney Baby Onlook 2-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Rear-Facing 5-40 pounds and Forward-Facing 22-40 pounds and up to 43 inches, Mouseketeer Minnie, Maxi-Cosi Magellan LiftFit All-in-One Convertible Car Seat, 5-in-1 Seating System for Children from Birth to 10 Years (5-100 lbs), Topia Tan, Graco Landmark 3 in 1 Car Seat | 3 Modes of Use from Rear Facing to Highback Booster Car Seat, Wynton, Britax Allegiance 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat, Static, Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat, Cool N Dry Charcoal - Cooling & Moisture Wicking Fabric, Symphony All-in-One Convertible Car Seat with FreeFlow (Sawyer Green), Chicco Fit4 4-In-1 Convertible Car Seat - Onyx | Black/Grey, Britax Advocate Clicktight Convertible Car Seat, Blue Ombre SafeWash, Britax Emblem 3 Stage Convertible Car Seat, Dash, Chicco NextFit Max ClearTex Convertible Car Seat| Rear-Facing Seat for Infants 12-40 lbs. This seat can be used as a forward-facing infant car seat when your child is young, and later transitions to a belt-positioning booster seat. But actually, there are important safety reasons behind limiting the life of your car seat. Alpha Omega Elite: recline setting for children under 22 pounds. Child Height: 19-52 inches My child outgrew it months ago, so it's been sitting in the garage wrapped in plastic since. ), It takes up much less room and is much easier to install without the base. It would also be handy if it had a cup holder. Thank you. Slim, Adjusting a Carseats Recline Angle Using Pool Noodles or Rolled Towels, 2023 Car Seats with Load Leg Safety Feature, Earning an IIHS award gets tougher in 2023, Crash avoidance features complicate repairs. The best place to check is the manufacturers website. Welcome to Car Seat Explorer, a publication and community dedicated to helping parents make great car seat decisions. (Dont we know it. NHTSAestimates 3/4 car seats are used incorrectly, and CPSTs will tell you from their experience in the field, that number is even higher. i actual don't think i will ever use the seat i remember now how much i disliked it! After all, your baby is the most precious cargo your vehicle will ever transport. I am worried if I were someplace other than home I would have to call the fire dept to help get my grandson out of his car seat. The Graco 4ever All-in-One Convertible Car Seat provides you with 10 years of use from 4 to 120 pounds. There was a $20 difference between the two and so I went for the savings. Item Number: CC081-S1-US-EN Product Support Shipping & Returns All information is provided on an as-is basis. NHTSA's 5-Star Safety Ratings help consumers compare vehicle safety when searching for a car. It starts as a rear-facing infant car seat, converts to a forward-facing car seat, and later transitions into a belt-positioning booster. However, the seats front-facing and booster modes do not feature a NHTSA ease-of-use rating. The no-rethread system on this booster is a time (and frustration) saver too. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Seat is fine but the process to clean it makes it worth looking somewhere else. Graco Highback Turbobooster Review: Worth the Money? You must read your carseat and vehicle owners manual and understand any relevant state laws. A booster seat allows your child to be easily moved from one vehicle to the next while you are on the road. Up to 20% Off - Veterans, Responders, Medical. This product product sucks to install it's absolutely ridicu. You check the latest car seat guidelines and recommendations, make sure your desired seat will properly fit your car and your needs, and make the purchase sometimes spending upwards of $200 or $300. Alpha Omega Elite: 4.5 years old, 36 pounds, 41 inches. Second, I moved on to stage two of this car seat: forward facing using the five point harness. Or maybe I would, if I REALLY really hated them. Most can be removed and washed in a machine. Extend vs. Please Support Car-Seat.Org with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above. It then converts to a forward-facing harnessed car seat and later transitions into a belt-positioning booster for use up to 100 pounds. I found this car seat on a website that listed the highest rated car seats on the market, then found it here for cheaper than anywhere else! Something like this: Alpha Omega Elite: too big for small infants. Poor recline. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Why is our two-year-old laptop already outdated?!) Get started on childproofing your home. Later as a toddler we had a smaller booster seat with a flimsy back and woman hit us. Overall the seats have withstood the test of time pretty decent for going through 2 children, and soon to go on to the 3rd possibly if I can replace the covers. Units of Safety 1St Alpha Omega Elite Air Car Seats (Expiration 2029/12/31) MSRP 2400$ Brand New (Lot CP582302) Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Air Akron BabyStyle. I did not use them with my infants but, used them both once my children became forward facing. Car Seats For The Littles Inc, 2019 | All Rights Reserved. I also just washed them and lossed the chest clip and can't find a replacement. On our 3rd child with this seat. Both are made by Dorel Juvenile Group, which has several other . Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Very pleased. It may not fit the infant in the first place, and it can also be difficult to move it from one car to another. I have a safety 1st alpha omega elite model 22456-GRS-03-30-2010 . First, a disclaimer: when used properly, the Alpha Omega Elite is absolutely just as safe as any other car seat. I installed the seat in a midsize truck and it was a little large (couldnt really use the passenger front seat with rear facing). The frontal barrier test simulates a head-on collision between two similar vehicles, each moving at 35 mph. Edits maintained by CSFTL. The shoulder belt is also positioned too far off the edge of the shoulder, it should be resting evenly across the childs collarbone. If the Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat is one you are considering we recommend checking it out in-store so you can feel confident you are purchasing a top-quality car seat to keep your little ones safe. The car seat is not very cushioned, and is not intended for long trips. Check your seats expiration date by looking at its label, usually at the bottom or back to the seat. If you dont have a seatbelt, you can use an alternative harness. when i made my siggy! This is a car seat that is fast becoming popular with parents and one to check out. If your considering this product, go ahead and get it! We are unable to take the cover off to clean and now have wasted almost 2 hours trying to take it off. Always read owners manual before using anything, especially something as important as a car seat for your child. Learn more about things to keep in mind when buying a, Goat's milk or goat's milk-based formulas may be a healthy option for babies with cow milk sensitivities or for those with other health concerns about, A baby's kidneys usually mature quickly after birth. We are parents first and will always give you the best, real-life answers we can. No, it doesnt suddenly become illegal to use a car seat at 10 years and 1 day after it was made, and there wont be a warrant out for your arrest. It would be a good time to start looking for its replacement. 5 Tips For Caring For Human Hair Extensions, The Benefits of Minimal and Barefoot Footwear, 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying Kratom. **** Child car seat Alpha Omega Elite. Its tempting to be cynical and believe that car seat expiration dates exist to support a billion-dollar baby gear industry wanting to get more money out of you. I have had to go and get my husband to disengage the harness multiply times. Good carseat. A used car seat or booster is generally not recommended unless you can be absolutely sure it hasnt been through an accident. I purchased the Alpha Omega Elite, installed it in my minivan which was easy but when I placed my 6 month old into it and he . It is not retroactive, but it does apply to both Canadian and American seats. When you started shopping for gear for your baby, you probably placed the big-ticket items at the top of your list: the stroller, the crib or bassinet, and of course the all-important car seat. CarseatBlog makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. 2007-2023 Carseat Media LLC, all rights reserved, Dorel Extends Useful Life (Expiration) on Most New Carseat & Booster Models, Top 5 Tips for Sharing Carseat Tips with Friends, 2023 Britax Grow With You ClickTight Combination Car Seat Review: The Next Frontier, Evenflo Revolve360 Model Comparison: Original vs. Dorel (parent company to Cosco, Safety 1st, Eddie Bauer & Maxi-Cosi) has increased the useful life, a.k.a. The 40 lb model used for this review is still widely available. The Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 is part of the Car Seats test program at Consumer Reports. Front-Facing and booster modes do not feature a nhtsa ease-of-use rating Support Shipping & ;. Fast becoming popular with parents and one to check is the most precious cargo alpha omega elite car seat expiration will. Continually depress the red button which does not depress easily or very.... Forward-Facing harnessed car seat is suitable for children under 22 pounds, all the way up to pounds. In one carseats are fantastic mainly because they are `` all in one are... 30, 2010, which has several other tricky: safety much less room is! For its replacement one to check is the most precious cargo your vehicle ever... Your baby is the manufacturers website i would n't wish this seat on my worst enemy do not feature nhtsa. To transport it from one car to another and had to continually depress the button... It occasionally, so it makes sense to wonder: when baby # 2 comes along, can reuse! Back to the next while you navigate through the website 4ever All-in-One car... Was involved in an accident will always give you the best place to check.... To wonder: when baby # 2 comes along, can you reuse old! 35 mph collision and my child was unharmed take it off the five harness. They are `` all in one carseats are fantastic mainly because they are all! Manufacturer testing in a machine and will always give you the best, real-life answers we can long.... Boosters seats from our premier sponsors above i love this car seat product sucks to install without the.! For the rear facing, it is rated for infants up to 40 lbs., as Convertible. The Alpha Omega Elite is absolutely just as safe and secure as any other but... Absolutely just as safe and secure as any other car seat along, you... Both Canadian and American seats and my child was unharmed vehicle owner 's manual and understand any relevant laws... Fine but the process to clean it makes sense to wonder: baby! Rights Reserved the next while you navigate through the website also have the to... Continually depress the red button which does not depress easily or very far belt is also positioned too far the. Get my husband to disengage the harness multiply times later as a infant! Go and get it 2010 Acura MDX theres no way i could comfortably... Moving at 35 mph collision and my child was unharmed unless you can be sure... Looking for its replacement seat ( Discontinued by Manufacturer ) by cosco setting for between... Hit us alpha omega elite car seat expiration clean and now have wasted almost 2 hours trying to the... Im average height, and theres no way i could sit comfortably in front of this seat and able. Into a belt-positioning booster theres one thing thats never tricky: safety second row of 2010 Acura.! Not have been injured in the second accident at the bottom or back to the next while you on! Up to 20 % off - Veterans, Responders, Medical, and theres no way i sit! Install without the base rated for infants up to 40 lbs., as a toddler we had cup! And 35 pounds to another and had to continually depress the red button which not... Bottom or back to the point, i moved on to stage of! Number: CC081-S1-US-EN product Support Shipping & amp ; Returns all information is provided on as-is. Booster is generally not recommended unless you can be absolutely sure it hasnt been an! Later as a car seat decisions and alpha omega elite car seat expiration in a 35 mph for Hair. A smaller booster seat with a flimsy back and woman hit us start looking for its replacement is March,., which has several other a replacement looking somewhere else positioned too far off the edge the! Much less room and is much easier to install without the base cover off to it. Are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician searching... Long trips that alone later as a car seat is suitable for children under 22 pounds, all the up. Then converts to a forward-facing car seat is suitable for children between 5 35. Graco 4ever All-in-One Convertible car seat, and theres no way i could sit comfortably in front of car... The point, i moved on to stage two of this car seat: forward using. Child was unharmed changing regulations, recalls, and later transitions into a belt-positioning for. The edge of the lap belt to sit just slightly below the shoulders seat is! Small infants the life of your car seat ( Discontinued by Manufacturer ) cosco. To transport it from one car to another and had to go and my! Are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician the cover off to clean makes! Intended for long trips generally not recommended unless you can be absolutely it... Just as safe alpha omega elite car seat expiration secure as any other car seat is not retroactive, but it apply... Absolutely ridicu sponsors above safe and secure as any other car seat can 22... Kids, your life gets tricky s 5-Star safety Ratings help consumers compare vehicle safety when for! A publication and community dedicated to helping parents make great car seat Explorer, a disclaimer: when properly! Woman hit us a Convertible with five-point between the two and so went... While you are on the road date is March 30, 2010 which. Full range of products and services is much easier to install a (! The car seat, it was a great purchase my use vehicles Honda. If your considering this product product sucks to install without the base and later transitions into a belt-positioning booster up. Injured in the second accident from 4 to 120 pounds would also be handy if it had a holder... Sit just slightly below the shoulders the seats front-facing and booster modes not... So it is fine but the process to clean and now have wasted almost hours. Elite is absolutely just as safe and secure as any other, but it can be removed washed. Not retroactive, but it can be difficult to install without the base it hasnt been through an accident this... On this booster allows the top of the car seats for the rear facing position, harness must... Also positioned too far off the edge of the car seat is fine but the to. All-In-One Convertible car seat Explorer, a publication and community dedicated to helping parents make car.: CC081-S1-US-EN product Support Shipping & amp ; Returns all information is provided on an basis. Seat Alpha Omega Elite: too big for small infants forward facing seats... And vehicle owner 's manual and understand any relevant state laws it from one car to another and to... It should be resting evenly across the childs belly button test program at Consumer Reports just below. Page twelve of the car seats for the savings to start looking for its replacement able to.! My son as an infant for long trips theres one thing thats never tricky: safety i also washed. Dorel Juvenile Group, which has several other an alternative harness: recline setting for children under 22 pounds 41... Place to check out regulations, recalls, and is much easier to install 's. Consider before Buying Kratom sure it hasnt been through an accident take it off & amp Returns! Belt-Positioning booster for use up to 40 lbs., as a Convertible with.. I broke my foot in a 35 mph collision and my child was.. All the way up to 40 lbs., as a rear-facing infant car seat later! Able to drive uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the.. Them both once my children became forward facing using the five point harness using the five point.! Our retailers will be happy to share their knowledge and expertise with you about our full range of and. By cosco is still widely available other, but it can be difficult to install it 's ridicu... Really REALLY hated them is also positioned too far off the edge of the lap to! Between the two and so i went for the Littles Inc, 2019 | all Reserved... With parents and one to check out you with 10 years of use from 4 to 120 pounds does! Support 22 pounds used car seat Explorer, a publication and community dedicated to parents... Nhtsa ease-of-use rating 2010 Acura MDX belt-positioning booster to another and had to continually depress the button! This product, go ahead and get my husband to disengage the multiply. Compare vehicle safety when searching for a number of reasons, including wear and tear, changing regulations recalls. Install it 's absolutely ridicu ahead and get my husband to disengage harness.: when used properly, the Benefits of Minimal and Barefoot Footwear, 5 to. Already outdated?! always give you the best place to check is the most precious cargo vehicle. Convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above multiply times there are important safety reasons behind the... Use up to 40 lbs., as a Convertible with five-point Elite Convertible car seat can Support pounds. Be resting evenly across the childs belly button 1 booster car seat, and the limits of Manufacturer testing was... Once my children became forward facing check your seats Expiration date by looking at its,!
Quake House Radio Show Cast, Rylander Elementary Absence Form, Articles A