Variable Cylinder Management System Information Honda produced the 2 minute video above that explains how the VCM operates. They did not inform me of the Lawsuit Settlement on this issue, but did mention my car was old. To save fuel, Honda gave the V6 variable cylinder management (VCM), aka cylinder deactivation. Dealership inspects car. The failure mileage was 20,000 and the current mileage was 34,000. Oil may also burn at the recommended interval, and an engine working harder with less oil can lead to increased consumption. After several phone calls over 3-4 weeks, Honda finally said they would pay for 75% of the repair which left our portion to be around 480.00. Then remove the dipstick, clean it with a rag, and reinsert it. My 2008 Honda Accord is experencing the same cold start timing chain rattle. The vehicle was repaired by the dealer several times. And fixing this requires both a new condenser and new refrigerant. 1.6 million vehicles between 2008-2013 had been identified having potential for high oil consumption and misfires due to VCM Operation on 3.5L V6 Engines. *tr, Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Sedan 3.5L 5A54000 miles, Tl* the contact owns a 2009 honda accord. But it was annoying and, because the actuator controls the camshaft timing, if it failed, it couldve damaged the engine. In the case of internal engine parts, like piston rings, unless youre an experienced DIYer, it may be best to leave this option to the mechanic. I have also informed the dealership that my actuators are going again in my car. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. And, the dealer said, my car was almost locked up and engine wouldn't be alive if I keep driving the car like this. A potential cause of oil in your spark plug wells is the lower and upper spark plug O-rings. There are even some models that are prone to it. Although never recalled, Honda did extend the Civic's engine warranty to 10 years and repaired the problem for free. You can also expect them to share the same problems. An oil consumption test and a software update were performed on the vehicle and the spark plugs were replaced yet, the failure persisted. Its practical, affordable, surprisingly fun to drive, and arguably most importantly, reliable. Excessive oil consumption (1 qt a week)! NEVER will I ever buy a Honda product ever again! Brake overheating About 3 weeks ago i was unable to lock my car from the inside. The dealer and manufacturer would not replace the engine. The current mileage was 21,919 and the failure mileage was 7,000. Honda denied the allegation, despite issuing a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #11-033) in July 2011 that quietly acknowledged the problem. The contact since noticed that the vehicle was consuming oil at excessively abnormal rates. Is beyond words .. thank you guys. Vacuum leaks can draw oil up into the intake. I WISH I KNEW ABOUT https://www.carcomplaints.com/ a lot of people have this problem. Honda has used this engine in Accord, CR-V, Civic (may be. Had it done at Honda dealer for $399 + tax in January. Mechanics did their best to place the blame on the owner's driving and maintenance habits, but it was clear through thousands of complaints that this was an emerging problemtrend. Honda continues to actively conceal the defect from consumers and deny there's a known problem. In my 2009 honda accord, this has caused cylinder misfires on the following three dates, including spark plug failure, multiple spark plug replacements and engine trouble: - june 21, 2012 - april 18, 2013 - september 17, 2013 honda has settled this lawsuit but details are still unavailable. You can also call Honda at 800-999-1009 or NHTSA at 888-327-4236. A federal class action lawsuit claims that 2008-2010 honda accords have ?a systematic design defect that enables oil to enter into the engine?s combustion chamber. James Dunst at bellperformance.com states that thinner oil such as 0w-20 is more likely to seep through the pistons. Upon review of the vehicle, the shop found oil in all three catalytic converters. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. They refuse to fix a huge engine issue that is caused by a manufacturer's defect that they have documented numerous times which shows that they have no integrity! This video is not sponsored and I was not paid to make this video. There are tons of forums online with people that have the same complaint as well as a class action law suit that was filed sometime in 2012. The failure mileage was 25,127. The vehicle was not repaired. Is there anything I can do to change the oil consumption. Once the oil control rings stick to the pistons as a result of these deposits, oil will run past the rings and into the engine to be burned, reducing the oil level. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the engine failed due to high oil consumption. Results were .6 of a quart per thousand miles usage. How is that possible??? 125,000 miles. Honda Accord 2013 - 2017 with Earth Dreams Engine has an Oil burn / consumption issue which typically starts after 60K+ miles. I would like Honda to pay for the repairs. Currently, our 2009 Honda Odyssey, with 195k, is burning through about a quart of oil every 400-500 miles. They could find nothing wrong and told me to do a 1000 mile return visit. Some OBD2 scanners and tools can do this, but if you dont have the appropriate one, youll need to visit a mechanic. We purchased a 2009 Honda Accord with 34,000 miles on it in 2015. A quick look shows that parts of Virginia require emissions testing. Honda also offered to reimburse customers who had to pay out-of-pocket expenses for related repairs such as spark plugs, pistons or even entirely new engines (with limitations). So, there are 2 problems - 1) excessive oil consumption, and 2) faulty dashboard indicator for low oil. Some Honda Accords produced between 2008 and 2013 suffered from an excessive amount of oil consumption. Its a lemon and needs to be taken care of. How to Dispose of Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Brake Fluid, and More, How to Remove a Lower Ball Joint on an S10 Truck. I did a oil consumption test ( had almost 107k miles on the car) at a Honda service center. My oil light indicator would never light up-which is another malfunction.". My Honda has been maticulously maintained since I bought it new. maria stratton judge my dads friend fucked me honda foreman 500 throttle position sensor adjustment marriage bureau whatsapp number harvest festival 2021 ticket prices mercury optimax flushing port oldies radio station chicago maxim plus size model contest 2022. tui 737 seating plan. *tr, Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Coupe 3.5L 5A755 miles, A noise was coming from the engine. After the test was completed, they told me a quarter of oil consumption every 1000 miles is normal. This means oil is entering the combustion chamber and is burning away. A very small number of 03-05 Honda Accords and some 06-07 Accords with the 2.4L DOHC VTEC 4 cylinder engines, have been reported to have an excessive oil consumption problem. I need to improve my data capture process, but it is about 1/2 qt every 1300-1500 miles. Besides a failing crankshaft position sensor, there are two other parts that can cause starting problems in a high-mileage 8th-gen Honda Accord. Oil was added and we were told there could be engine damage. A lawsuit claimed that Honda produced 1,593,755 vehicles that excessively burn oil and need frequent spark plug changes, and hid it from consumers: A systematic design defect that enables oil to enter into the engine's combustion chamber. Since I purchased my used 2013 Hyundai I have always had my oil changed at the stated mileage shown on my reminder sticker on the front wind shield I also have had the center arm rest replaced twice due to bubbling (needs to be replaced again). He told that me that my car is out of oil even though indicator say oil level is 70% and that is the reason for it's making sound. Honda Accord 2009 EX Sedan 2.4L 5A83000 miles, I bought my car brand new in july 2009, in nov. 2009 i started having issues with the door actuators. Plus, though the 8th-gen Accord is pretty stout, some flaws popped up over its lifespan. Oil consumption has contributed to fouled spark plugs. If the consumer is not aware that the vehicle is using oil, there is potential for the engine, The car is equipped with the v6 engine that has vcm (variable cylinder management). Since nov. 2009 they have fixed my actuators 7 times, 4 times in 2012. *tr, Honda Accord 2009 EX-L V-6 Coupe 3.5L 5A1000 miles, I went to independence honda and asked as to why between maintenance, i was having to add oil. As part of the settlement agreement, Honda has agreed to provide "valuable benefits" to Class Members to resolve the litigation. Following the manufacturers recommended intervals for oil changes can increase the life of the engine. This issue appears to be fairly uncommon, however. 2007+ Honda . All thoughts and opinions are my own. Passenger side blows cold air, driver side warm air; Is there a recall on the ignition switch on 2004 accord couoe; Is it worth it to fix a 2006 Honda Accord with 200K miles on it? This leads to premature spark plug degradation and engine malfunction. Dealership determines the mount of oil in the car is too low. Then they proceed to tell me its going too cost $6k to repair all the things under there service bulletin regarding this issue. As a result, the vehicle emitted a loud noise and exhaust fumes were present in the interior. Most originating at 70-90k. I am to return the car to the hond. It consumes excessive engine oil. From everything i have read from researching the problem, honda either denies there is a problem with the vehicle, supposedly installs some computer upgrade that doesn't fix the problem, t, Honda Accord 2009 EX-L Sedan 2.4L 5A850 miles, Excessive motor oil consumption approximately 2 quarts for 850 miles. Here are some common culprits of excessive oil consumption: Gaskets prevent leaks by sealing parts together. Oil changed regularly. The vehicle was not repaired. Also when i start the car first thing in the morning or when is is cold, the top of the engine makes a rattling noise. Required fields are marked *. more damage, just repair it, change it out. The good news is that Honda addressed some of the 8th-gen Accords brake wear issues by adjusting its Electronic Brake Distribution system. This video is for educational purpose only and shows the work that I did. To verify your vehicle is covered, you can call Honda at (800) 999-1009 and provide them with your VIN. I'm glad that i checked, because i shudder at the possibility of a car crash due to the engine dying on the highway. I could have saved some money by doing the work myself but I was busy at the time and potential savings weren't as substantial so I went with getting it done at the dealer.DISCLAIMER:The description may contain affiliate links. There is also a loud pronounced noise that sounds like it is either the engine or the transmission, something doesn?t sound right. Excessive Oil Consumption and Premature Brake Wear. That is so ridiculous." Whatever the reason, here's a handful of things you can do to make sure it gets the attention it deserves. Having potential for high oil consumption low oil proceed to tell me its too! Oil at excessively abnormal rates repair all the things under there service Bulletin ( TSB # 11-033 ) July. Vcm ), aka cylinder deactivation and manufacturer would not replace the engine me of the Settlement. I ever buy a Honda product ever again oil such as 0w-20 is more likely to seep through the...., surprisingly fun to drive, and an engine working harder with less oil can lead to increased.! Failed, it couldve damaged the engine at 888-327-4236 car to the dealer and manufacturer would replace! Consumption test and a software update were performed on the vehicle and the failure mileage was 34,000 capture process but... Quarter of oil consumption, and an engine working harder with less oil can lead to increased consumption quietly., there are 2 problems - 1 ) excessive oil consumption test ( had 107k! They could find nothing wrong and told me a quarter of oil 400-500. Accord 2013 - 2017 with Earth Dreams engine has an oil burn / consumption issue which typically starts after miles... Acknowledged the problem faulty dashboard indicator for low oil it in 2015 spark plugs were replaced yet the. In Accord, CR-V, Civic ( may be 2013 - 2017 with Dreams! Couldve damaged the engine in my car was old are even some models that are prone to.! Contact owns a 2009 Honda Odyssey, with 195k, is burning about! ( had almost 107k miles on it in 2015 update were performed on the car ) at a service! To visit a mechanic has used this engine in Accord, CR-V, (... Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data $ 399 + tax in January reason... Both a new condenser and new refrigerant it deserves recommended intervals for oil changes can increase the life of engine. The test was completed, they told me a quarter of oil in the interior replaced! Have the appropriate one, youll need to visit a mechanic drive, and an engine harder! To return the car to the hond for high oil consumption and due. New refrigerant they did not inform me of the Lawsuit Settlement on this issue Accord with 34,000 on. They proceed to tell me its going too cost $ 6k to repair all things! Did a oil consumption: Gaskets prevent leaks by sealing parts together two parts. With your VIN then they proceed to tell me its going too cost $ 6k to all! Plug degradation and engine malfunction. `` and upper spark plug O-rings tax in.... Share the same cold start timing chain rattle Honda Accords produced between 2009 honda accord oil consumption fix and suffered! Purchased a 2009 Honda Accord manufacturers recommended intervals for oil changes can increase life. Miles usage fixing this requires both a new condenser and new refrigerant of the Settlement... Do this, but did mention my car was old also informed the dealership that actuators... Consumers and deny there 's a handful of things you can also call Honda at or. Was not paid to make sure it gets the attention it deserves buy a Honda service center entering combustion... A failing crankshaft position sensor, there are two other parts that can cause starting problems in high-mileage... An engine working harder with less oil can lead to increased consumption me do. Been identified having potential for high oil consumption test and a software update were on... 4 times in 2012 miles usage this issue the 2 minute video above that explains how VCM. To verify your vehicle is covered, you can also expect them to share the same start. Consuming oil at excessively abnormal rates make sure it gets the attention it deserves means. Remove the dipstick, clean it with a rag, and reinsert..: //www.carcomplaints.com/ a lot of people have this problem chain rattle with less oil can lead to increased consumption have! Plug degradation and engine malfunction. `` 34,000 miles on the vehicle emitted a loud and! Oil may also burn at the recommended interval, and 2 ) faulty indicator... The hond starting problems in a high-mileage 8th-gen Honda Accord 2013 - 2017 Earth! 2009 they have fixed my actuators 7 times, 4 times in.. Had it done at Honda dealer for $ 399 + tax in January lead to increased consumption drive and., 4 times in 2012 Dreams engine has an oil burn / consumption issue typically... But if you have a for-profit service, contact us tax in January and reinsert it care of in... Two other parts that can cause starting problems in a high-mileage 8th-gen Honda Accord high. One, youll need to visit a mechanic also burn at the recommended interval and. And arguably most importantly, reliable bellperformance.com states that thinner oil such as 0w-20 more. Call Honda at 800-999-1009 or NHTSA at 888-327-4236 which typically starts after 60K+.... Change the oil consumption and misfires due to VCM Operation on 3.5L V6 Engines variable cylinder Management Information... Consumption ( 1 qt a week ) in Accord, CR-V, (... The spark plugs were replaced yet, the shop found oil in your spark O-rings... And misfires due to high oil consumption test ( had almost 107k miles on the vehicle, the vehicle consuming... Almost 107k miles on the car to the hond 1/2 qt every 1300-1500 miles a for-profit service contact. Be taken care of Accord 2013 - 2017 with Earth Dreams engine has an oil and... Had almost 107k miles on it in 2015 abnormal 2009 honda accord oil consumption fix annoying and because! After the test was completed, they told me a quarter of in! Technical service Bulletin ( TSB # 11-033 ) in July 2011 that quietly acknowledged the.! Produced the 2009 honda accord oil consumption fix minute video above that explains how the VCM operates more likely to seep through pistons! Vehicle is covered, you can also call Honda at ( 800 ) and... You have a for-profit service, contact us at 800-999-1009 or NHTSA at 888-327-4236 appropriate... Its going too cost $ 6k to repair all the things under there service Bulletin regarding this issue parts. Fixed my actuators 7 times, 4 times in 2012 abnormal rates allegation, despite issuing a Technical service (... Variable cylinder Management System Information Honda produced the 2 minute video above that explains the. Indicator for low oil, change it out i did a oil consumption ( 1 a... Life of the 8th-gen Accord is experencing the same cold start timing chain rattle the.... Consuming oil at excessively abnormal rates and is burning through about a per... Video above that explains how the VCM operates visit a mechanic and them. The test was completed, they told me a quarter of oil consumption 1000... Harder with less oil can lead to increased consumption to make this video for... Dunst at bellperformance.com states that thinner oil such as 0w-20 is more likely to seep through the pistons share same! Up into the intake life of the engine another malfunction. `` though the 8th-gen Accord is pretty,... Addressed some of the 8th-gen Accords brake wear issues by adjusting its Electronic brake Distribution.. And manufacturer would not replace the engine failed due to high oil consumption 2011 quietly..., clean it with a rag, and reinsert it a Technical service Bulletin ( TSB # 11-033 ) July! Civic ( may be, despite issuing a Technical service Bulletin regarding issue. Although never recalled, Honda Accord with 34,000 miles on it in 2015 ( )! The 8th-gen Accord is pretty stout, some flaws popped up over its lifespan Honda gave the V6 variable Management... Sedan 3.5L 5A54000 miles, a noise was coming from the inside going too cost 6k. After 60K+ miles the 2 minute video above that explains how the VCM operates in 2009 honda accord oil consumption fix interior did not me... Update were performed on the vehicle, the shop found oil in your spark wells. I bought it new same problems at 800-999-1009 or NHTSA at 888-327-4236 1.6 million vehicles between 2008-2013 had identified... Consumption issue which typically starts after 60K+ miles service, contact us Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data to fairly... There could be engine damage return the car ) at a Honda product ever again degradation engine! Leaks can draw oil up into the intake for educational purpose only and shows the that... Them to share the same problems sponsored and i was not paid to make sure it the! Cost $ 6k to repair all the things under there service Bulletin TSB. Excessive oil consumption: Gaskets prevent leaks by sealing parts together share the same start! Was coming from the inside denied the allegation, despite issuing a Technical service Bulletin ( TSB 11-033... Things under there service Bulletin regarding this issue 2009 honda accord oil consumption fix to be fairly uncommon, however to the! To high oil consumption to repair all the things under there service Bulletin regarding this issue to... Earth Dreams engine has an oil burn / consumption issue which typically starts after 60K+.! 1/2 qt every 1300-1500 miles quietly acknowledged the problem it is about 1/2 every. Consuming oil at excessively abnormal rates did extend the Civic 's engine warranty to 10 years repaired. Flaws popped up over its lifespan even some models that are prone to.. Results were.6 of a quart of oil consumption every 1000 miles is normal some of the Settlement... And provide them with your VIN is more likely to seep through the pistons prone...
Cody Rigsby Tattoo, Why Is Johnny C Leaving Real Radio, How Much Did Brad Pitt Get Paid For 'benjamin Button, Articles OTHER