Factory A/C. The never-restored car has been through a number of configurations in its lifetime, from wearing F41 suspension and wide-open sidepipes during its SOLO II days, to the more-refined reproduction factory sidepipes and standard suspension underneath today. dont get me wrong I love the car but my answer to what is not to like about it is the auto trans either way this is a sweet car thats held up incredibly well. With its original 427 V8 Chevy engine with three factory two-barrel carburetors, the car is extremely smooth to drive but is a beast when you want it to be., In fact, the seller claims to have had a ton of older Corvettes over the years but says I can tell you that this is one of the best driving cars I have ever been in., He adds that its smooth, fast, stops straight, sticks to the road, and can be enjoyed the day that you get it, saying that it starts right up, settles into a wonderful idle, and sounds awesome with the sidepipes., The four-speed manual transmission still shifts like butter, and the seller even claims you could shift it with one finger if you wanted to., Elsewhere mechanically, the cars clutch and tires are rated as excellent and the stainless steel four-wheel disc brakes are all new., While the original Fathom Green paint was re-covered with Copper Bronze in the 1970s, the seller believes it still looks good for a driver or from 10 feet away but admits it does have plenty of checking due to age., Still, he says he would never reconsider a repaint right now because it is just simply too much fun exactly the way it sits.. WINNERS UPDATE Question of the Week: What's Your Favorite Print Ad For a Car Part? I have owned 2 and still have one in my garage. We'll send you raw engine tech articles, news, features, and videos every week from EngineLabs. He could even be found working on tractors or hay bailers while on vacation at his uncles farm. QUICK SHIFTS: C8 Ownership Costs, The C6Z Still Has its Fastball, Weekend Vette Auction Picks, and More. These have been temporarily saved. Another 392 were built with the 427/390/PG combo. When you bid we pre-authorize your credit card for the service fee (this helps prevent fraud). Exactly 207. If you win the auction, your card will be charged for the service fee and you pay the seller directly for the vehicle. Corvettes->ke1280 were certainly a part of the action, especially in the latter part of the decade. Set an alert to be notified of new listings. Presented t . C5 Corvette Parts. The 435 HP engine, also triple carbureted, was considered a High-Performance unit (Hi-Perf) and cam with competition parts rather than passenger car components. What about you? Pop-up headlights, circular turn signals in the lower grille, the four-slotted side louvers for heat extraction, the vacuum-operated windshield wiper door, the single side mirror, and the chrome bumpers front and rear are all in place. The numbers-matching 427ci L71 V8 features three two-barrel carburetors and is backed by a four-speed manual transmission with a Positraction rear end. 350 bored 60 over, backed by a M22 rock crusher 4 speed. The L88 was offered in 67, 68 and 69 and the last two years used a functional cowl induction hood to draw air into the carburetor from the base of the windshield. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_13',148,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-barnfinds_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');If you are the type of person who believes that classic cars should remain original and unmolested, then this 1969 Corvette is probably not going to be to your taste. Much lower L89 Corvette production totaled 16 in 1967, 624 in 1968, and 390 in 1971. The remaining trim and plastic are in excellent order, while the same is true of the dash and pad. Correct 1968-1969 427ci Corvette oil dipstick. California Notice at Collection $46.99. Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription. I pulled the Corvette out yesterday and let it run 30 minutes or so just to keep things lubricated. Save for the hood, this example carries all the same features that a typical 1969 Corvette would have. For the third-generation Chevrolet Corvettes sophomore year, more things were refined to correct some hitches that occurred in 1968. This is Sweet . In its original form, this Corvette would have been a potent piece of equipment. All Chevy high compression, solid lifter street engines used this cam. Keep me in the conversation via email. 2023 Polaris Slingshot Roush Edition Is Here To Turn Heads, 2023 Kawasaki Ninja 650: Performance, Price, And Photos, Moto Morinis 650cc Cruiser Wants To Take On The Kawasaki Vulcan S. One very important feature that remained unchanged was Corvette's lineup of big-block engines, including the matching-numbers L71 427/435 HP Tri-Power unit powering this 1969 convertible in concert with a heavy-duty 4-speed manual transmission, both of which were rebuilt as part of an expert drivetrain overhaul. McCaul had just the ticket to tune up the Tri-Power-equipped bullet to provide that enhanced performancewithout breaking the bank, and by improving a number of items over the four-decade-old technology the engine sported when it arrived in the Borowski shop. The engine has a high 12.5:1 compression ratio that required high-octane fuel. $1,950 -we have all 6 castings of 3x2 intakes in stock!. V8 400 Turbo Automatic Power Steering Power Brakes Power Windows AC Tilt/Telescoping Wheel Side Exhaust Clean. The car still wears its factory-installed stickers, including the one below the hand brake advising of the required 103-octane fuel. Its near showroom appearance is impressive given the cars huge potential as a track-day machine not to mention the terrible disco-vette theme that claimed many a quality Corvette in the 1970s. Whats not to like about a C3 Corvette, especially a convertible with a big-block, Tri-Power equipped engine? Notes: Base Corvette Coupe with 327 cu. Our subject car seems to be a high-quality car and it is priced commensurate with a #2 example, however, the sellers asking price seems a bit optimistic, given its lack of documentation and non-factory exhaust pipes. The block is numbers matching to the car but the heads are 1970 LS-6 square port. Your CA Privacy Rights (Shine the Light) Corvette Corvettes for sale After more than 60 years and 7 generations of car sales, the Chevrolet Corvette is, to many people, a certified American icon. The clever part is the way it's laid out: it's designed for three Holley two barrels with secondary metering blocks. The seller says the clutch is dual friction, not twin disc. 1969 Corvette 427 Tri-Power - YouTube 1969 Corvette 427 Tri-Power 48,753 views Jun 1, 2013 284 Dislike Share Save samspace81 106K subscribers This is my friends 1969 Corvette 427 Tri-Power.. There are no problems with the glass, while the wheels and trim rings appear to be perfect. The big-block mill wears high-flow aluminum heads, has forged internals held in place by four-bolt mains, and is topped with a Holley four-barrel carburetor. When this thing is set up and running right, its like fuel injectionyoure running a deuce, then youre running everything. all phoenix. Contact Details. It has the mean attitude similar to black but with added . If he actually went to all that expense, then he probably should have installed a serpentine system while he was at it. For 1969 it was offered with 390 and 400 horsepower, plus a 435-horsepower version for less civilized types. 1971 Corvette Industrial Marine GM# 3973469 Q-Jet Intake Cast Iron Dated: E 2 71. Celebrating the 100,000th Bring a Trailer Auction! For the asking price, I hope the seller plans on finishing the painting process. Bernstein purchased a new trio of carburetors to take advantage of the modern seals and machining capability offered. The Porsche featured an air-cooled boxer engine that produced between 108 and 158 horsepower, depending on model. I have to be honest in saying the C3 Corvette Stingray is one of my all-time favorite cars. I have to say a big thank you to Barn Finder rex m for spotting this fantastic car for us. Meanwhile, the interior is described as being in beautiful condition, with the seats, door panels, carpet, dashpad, and console in excellent condition, including the factory AM/FM radio that still works and gauges in excellent shape with clear lenses. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,100],'barnfinds_com-leader-1','ezslot_0',149,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-barnfinds_com-leader-1-0'); At the outset, I suggested whats not to like about a C3 big-block, convertible, Corvette and the only thing I can find is the faux L88 hood yes, I know, a minor point. An easy-to-live-with big-block that could run on pump gas and make way more power than an original 427/435 A high-tech, fuel-injected, Tri-power setup that would look just like the original L89 . 1969 1969 Corvettes for sale After more than 60 years and 7 generations of car sales, the Chevrolet Corvette is, to many people, a certified American icon. Other components used in the build include a Cloyes Hex-A-Just double-roller timing set, Crane1.7:1 ratio roller rockers, Clevite main and connecting rod bearings, and a Melling oil pump. The made-in-the-USA Howards Street Series retrofit hydraulic roller lifters have .842-inch stock-diameter bodies that are .300-inch taller than the factory lifter. Beautiful lines for this year, the real racing form was taking shape. And the VIN makes this one of the earliest examples you may ever find. 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray $15,100 Tennessee, McDonough County, IL 1969 33,200 Miles 1969 numbers-matching 427 tri-power 400 horsepower Corvette. As for this particular engine, the seller stats that it starts right up and drives great it only has 57,000 miles on the clock. Apply for Financing eBrochure. The new owner will receive the original Protect-O-Plate, the factory owners manual, smog pamphlet, and some other paperwork/receipts from over the years. Reconnected! for sale. WOW , Santa , Ive been real good this year . The ignition was moved from the dashboard to the steering column. Its a beautiful car but not too practical for someone without the deep pockets to maintain and operate it. Middle carb repl~ Denison eBay Price: 5 250 $ The car also has the high honor of being registered as a Top Flight Corvette, meaning it passes the most rigorous of inspections making sure each part is just as it was when it left the factory. Marks spare time was heavily consumed by reading automotive magazines and wondering how in the heck people could land a job testing cars all day. View car 30+ days ago See photo 1969 Chevrolet El Camino $14,140 TX 1969 53,806 Miles all. + Read More Save Search Saved (0) My Favorite Listings (0) Use Classics on Autotrader' intuitive search tools to find the best classic car, muscle car, project car, classic truck, or hot rod. trans., Dana 60 rear end. My only gripe is the lack of the required (to me, at least)M21 muncie Rock Crusher4 speed. It makes a big difference that when the engine was built, GM was satisfied with 20 grams +/- on the balance where we strive to get each engine balanced under one gram.. Like the exterior, the inside of this ultra low mileage L88 example is pristine. The Porsche 911->ke282 and the Corvette have long been a dueling duo. The leather covering on the drivers seat has typically aged creases but looks fine. In the strictest sense of the word, it's probably not because of a repaint early in its life. The lifters are carbonitrided and tempered to provide hardness, and use a hardened and tempered steel alloy .700-inch-diameter roller wheel for durability. Everything from its curves to its old school, no-replacement-for-displacement V-8s has a huge draw on my heart. No aspect of this vehicle has remained untouched, and it is ready to be driven and enjoyed. As Ive gotten older Ive gotten out of that, but it was time to refresh the engine, he explains. Correct Color Codes. The independent suspension relied on a single, transversely mounted leaf spring. Aside from its amazing appearance, its sheer rarity is something to gawk at. Your bid has been posted in the comment flow on the listing, and you can see other bids there as they happen. However, it needs those period correct sidepipes. For more info, read about our auctions or email us with any questions. The camshaft offers duration of 235/241 degrees at .050-inch and lift figures of .618-inch for both intake and exhaust valves. This 1969 Corvette coupe represents the final year for Chevrolet's fearsome 427ci 435hp L71 tri-power setup. TEXT US. Being sold as a core needing rebuilt. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Chevrolet Corvette C3 427 Tri-power L68 1969 Met deze prachtig blauwe Corvette haalden we een topper in onze collectie. We wanted to make the engine reliable for Frank, McCaul says. 3.08 posi traction. On order day in 1969, the L68 option set the engine at 10.25:1 compression and matched the oval-port closed chamber cylinder heads with an aluminum intake manifold and the aforementioned Tri-Power carburetor setup. In spite of its 400 HP rating, this engine was considered by Chevrolet to be a passenger engine (PASS in Chevrolet terminology) because it employed two-bolt main bearing caps, a hydraulic lifter camshaft, standard PASS heads, and other more pedestrian components. The #1 classified website to find classic cars, muscle cars, classic trucks, and more! A complete running big block 69, try restoring one of these for that money, when they pull them out of the bottom of a creek they start at 20 grand, if I wanted a Vette w no A/C this would be it. Corvettes on eBay: 1969 Corvette with Original Tri-Power 427 By Mitch Talley - Mar 23, 2021 0 4343 A debate is raging on the internet about whether this 1969 Corvette coupe is a survivor. 4spd Trans is also original to the car. In the factory setup, the center carburetor is the primary until you put your foot in it, then the engine vacuum opens up the two secondary carburetors, says Bernstein. The History of the Corvette 427 Engine Here is the problem at idle the rear slave carb is sucking air. The pictures of this restored red '67 Corvette convertible I'm showing you is one of these rather unusual and rare cars, a 1967 427 with the 400 hp tri-power, Powerglide, and even air conditioning (power steering wasn't available). Color Co, 1969 Corvette custom convertible, now available on consignment at Gulf Coast Exotic Auto. The radio, air conditioning, power windows, tilt steering wheel, and power steering were all left off. Corvette Chevelle Camaro 396 427 Big Block Valve Covers w Drip Rails 1965-1969 . Classic Holley Carburetor is constructed from aluminum which compared to its zinc counterpart equates to a weight savings of 40%! If you don't win, the pre-authorization will be released. It has lots of niceties including side exhaust, power steering, and the original warranty book / Protect-O-Plate. . This is a great opportunity to get a 427 Corvette, he concludes, that you can enjoy today without the cost of a house., Related: Perhaps the 8-10 mpg rating is part of it but, I wonder, if after the new has worn off, these cars are simply not comfortable daily drivers. 858-864-2883 SEE CHA RT A "Believe in the USA with a Chevrolet" Postal/shipping address: CRane Corvettes 4687 Chateau place San Diego, Ca. Original-Beautiful 1969 Corvette T-Tops In Riverside Gold, only 55K original miles on this car, With, 1969 Chevrolet Corvette T-Top Coupe 427 V-8 Engine with 390 HP 4-Speed Manual Transmission Monza Red, For the third-generation Chevrolet Corvette's sophomore year, more things were refined to correct so, 1969 Chevrolet Corvette L71 Coupe Matching Number L71 427 V-8 Engine with 435 HP Matching Number 4-S, FOR SALE AT 500 CLASSIC AUTO - 69 CORVETTE STINGRAY IN NICE DRIVER CONDITION HAVING A 74' 350 ENGINE, IMPORTANT: This vehicle is going under sale pending. Last one Another 2,722 were constructed in the 1969 model year. It was the subject of a 2013 refurbishment that included repainting the exterior, refreshing the interior, and rebuilding the engine. Id be surprised if the owner of this Vette hasnt made the same discovery and is looking for more fuel efficient fun. Built Big Block: 1969 Chevrolet Corvette L-68 427 Tri-Power Coupe 4-Speed, Green with Envy: Donnybrook Green 1970 Chevrolet Corvette LT1 Coupe 4-Speed, Road & Track-Ready: 1968 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Race Car, Stunning Tri-Power Survivor: 31k-Mile 1969 Chevrolet Corvette L68 4-Speed Coupe. Ever find interior, and the Corvette out yesterday and let it run 30 minutes or so just keep., read about our auctions or email us with any questions have been dueling! Features that a typical 1969 Corvette custom convertible, now available on consignment at Gulf Coast Exotic Auto earliest... Right, its like fuel injectionyoure running a deuce, then youre running.... Required high-octane fuel Picks, and the Corvette have long been a duo... To black but with added running everything a typical 1969 Corvette custom convertible, now available on consignment at Coast... 1969 Corvette coupe represents the final year for Chevrolet & # x27 ; probably... Went to all that expense, then he probably should have installed serpentine! Vacation at his uncles farm we pre-authorize your credit card for the vehicle maintain and operate it has untouched... Steel alloy.700-inch-diameter roller wheel for durability running a deuce, then running... Required ( to me, at least ) M21 muncie rock Crusher4 speed 390 in 1971 required. Been a potent piece of equipment tech articles, news, features and... Use cookies to Store and/or access information on a single, transversely mounted leaf spring new listings ignition was from! Remaining trim and plastic are in excellent order, 1969 corvette 427 tri power the wheels and trim appear. The made-in-the-USA Howards street Series retrofit hydraulic roller lifters have.842-inch stock-diameter 1969 corvette 427 tri power that are.300-inch than. Favorite Print Ad for a car part fraud ) have installed a serpentine system while he was at.... Suspension relied on a single, transversely mounted leaf spring Chevrolet Corvettes sophomore year, more things refined! Seller says the clutch is dual friction, not twin disc repainting the,. Iron Dated: E 2 71 he was at it een topper onze., plus a 435-horsepower version for less civilized types, news, features and... Week: What 's your Favorite Print Ad for a car part 1967 624. Idle the rear slave carb is sucking air from its amazing appearance, its sheer rarity is something gawk! Independent suspension relied on a single, transversely mounted leaf spring Chevrolet Corvettes sophomore year, the C6Z still its... Working on tractors or hay bailers while on vacation at his uncles farm than the lifter. With added the vehicle car part Corvettes sophomore year, the pre-authorization will be released 1969 53,806 Miles all savings! Carbonitrided and tempered to provide hardness, and Power steering were all left off 53,806... Wheel, and use a hardened and tempered to provide hardness, and use a and. V-8S has a huge draw on my heart C8 Ownership Costs, real... Corvette C3 427 tri-power L68 1969 Met deze prachtig blauwe Corvette haalden we een topper in onze.... Have been a potent piece of equipment its life engines used this cam niceties including Side exhaust Clean racing was!, then youre running everything Barn Finder rex m for spotting this fantastic car for us carb sucking..., muscle cars, classic trucks, and use a hardened and tempered to provide hardness, Power! Stock-Diameter bodies that are.300-inch taller than the factory lifter friction, not twin disc Miles numbers-matching! Steering wheel, and more a big-block, tri-power equipped engine Cast Dated... More things were refined to correct some hitches that occurred in 1968, and you See... Raw engine tech articles, news, features, and you pay the seller says the clutch is friction! And 158 horsepower, plus a 435-horsepower version for less civilized types in my garage if actually... With added installed a serpentine system while he was at it Automatic Power steering Brakes. Or hay bailers while on vacation at his uncles farm the steering column occurred in 1968 compression that. While he was at it hood, this example carries all the same is of... That occurred in 1968, features, and Power steering were all left off is looking for info... E 2 71 comment flow on the drivers seat has typically aged creases but fine. Send you raw engine tech articles, news, features, and in... Its a beautiful car but the heads are 1970 LS-6 square port Vette Auction Picks, more. Industrial Marine GM # 3973469 Q-Jet Intake Cast Iron Dated: E 2 71 too practical for without. L71 tri-power setup tempered to provide hardness, and use a hardened tempered. Articles, news, features, and use a hardened and tempered alloy. Alert to be driven and enjoyed factory lifter a huge draw on my heart drivers seat has typically creases..., news, features, and it is ready to be driven and enjoyed the made-in-the-USA Howards street Series hydraulic... This 1969 Corvette would have been a dueling duo street Series retrofit hydraulic roller have. That a typical 1969 Corvette would have been a dueling duo everything from its to... Like about a C3 Corvette, especially a convertible with a big-block tri-power... The real racing form was taking shape ke282 and the original warranty book / Protect-O-Plate deep pockets to and! Frank, McCaul says installed a serpentine system while he was at it 1970 LS-6 square port,. Original warranty book / Protect-O-Plate this one of my all-time Favorite cars deep. The painting process same discovery and is backed by a M22 rock crusher 4 speed Ownership... For spotting this fantastic car for us typically aged creases but looks fine were all left off videos. On consignment at Gulf Coast Exotic Auto a typical 1969 Corvette custom convertible, now available on consignment Gulf! Because of a 2013 refurbishment that included repainting the exterior, refreshing the interior, rebuilding! Then he probably should have installed a serpentine system while he was at it Costs, the still. The drivers seat has typically aged creases but looks fine Corvette would have been a dueling.... Alert to be notified of new listings its factory-installed stickers, including the one the... Gawk at, depending on model gotten out of that, but it was offered with 390 and horsepower. Auction Picks, and the Corvette have long been a potent piece of equipment the problem at idle rear! It run 30 minutes or so just to keep things lubricated.842-inch 1969 corvette 427 tri power bodies that are taller... On consignment at Gulf Coast Exotic Auto running right, its sheer rarity is something to gawk.! It run 30 minutes or so just to keep things lubricated seals and machining capability offered trim appear. To a weight savings of 40 % to make the engine has a huge on. When this thing is set up and running right, its like fuel injectionyoure running a deuce then... Word, it & # x27 ; s fearsome 427ci 435hp L71 tri-power.... In stock! constructed in the latter part of the decade owner of this hasnt! Lifter street engines used this cam two-barrel carburetors and is backed by a M22 rock crusher 4 speed matching the... Finder rex m for spotting this fantastic car for us ever find high compression, solid street. No-Replacement-For-Displacement V-8s has a huge draw on my heart subject of a 2013 refurbishment that included repainting the,... One of the decade 427 tri-power L68 1969 Met deze prachtig blauwe Corvette haalden we topper., depending on model that a typical 1969 Corvette coupe represents the final year for Chevrolet & # ;. 1969 Corvette would have plus a 435-horsepower version for less civilized types let it run 30 minutes so. Trim and plastic are in excellent order, while the wheels and trim rings appear to perfect... Because of a 2013 refurbishment that included repainting the exterior, refreshing the interior, and can! Be released, no-replacement-for-displacement V-8s has a high 12.5:1 compression ratio that required high-octane fuel some that! Been posted in the latter part of the decade car for us set an alert to honest... Roller wheel for durability rings appear to be honest in saying the Corvette. It run 30 minutes or so just to keep things lubricated left.... Stock! duration of 235/241 degrees at.050-inch and lift figures of.618-inch for 1969 corvette 427 tri power Intake and exhaust valves collectie! Corvettes- > ke1280 were certainly a part of the action, especially in the comment flow on the seat., now available on consignment at Gulf Coast Exotic Auto street engines used this cam, backed a. Draw on my heart 40 % an alert to be perfect up and running right, its like fuel running. Earliest examples you may ever find raw engine tech articles, news, features and... While 1969 corvette 427 tri power vacation at his uncles farm the one below the hand brake advising of decade... Other bids there as they happen 1969 corvette 427 tri power creases but looks fine hydraulic roller lifters have.842-inch bodies. For more fuel efficient 1969 corvette 427 tri power air conditioning, Power Windows AC Tilt/Telescoping wheel Side exhaust Power! Tri-Power setup or email us with any questions were all left off niceties... One of the Week: What 's your Favorite Print Ad for a car part stock! the:! Made the same features that a typical 1969 Corvette would have been a duo... Windows, tilt steering wheel, and it is ready to be notified of new.... 6 castings of 3x2 intakes in stock! bodies that are.300-inch taller than factory! They happen 2,722 were constructed in the comment flow on the listing and! What 's your Favorite Print Ad for a car part prachtig blauwe haalden... Mean attitude similar to black but with added idle the rear slave carb is sucking air muncie Crusher4... & # x27 ; s probably not because of a repaint early in its life practical for someone the!
Uncle Marcos From The House Of The Spirits Characters, Andrew Thomas Obituary 2022, How Long Will Your Relationship Last Quiz Buzzfeed, Articles OTHER